• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrMadakey

Altis life (Arma 3 Mod)

10 posts in this topic

So what does everybody think of the brand new YouTube craze known as Altis life ?

My opinion is it's extremely slow and people take it a little too seriously. Now I understand that this mod is supposed to be taken serious to a point to get the full effect of the mod but the problem is when you get onto a server no-one is helpful, the police are more power hungry than the rebels to the point I got pulled over for not looking left and right even though I was in 3rd person. (which also happened to a certain YouTuber you probably all know so lets not point who it is out as I'm not an advertiser)

I just don't see the whole benefit to the game and really can't get into it. What does the AJSA think ?

I played it and it is alright... however it is worse then DayZ in time spent to time enjoyed. By that I mean in DayZ you spend 2-3 hours seeing no one and gearing up just for that 10 minutes of fun. In atlis you spend 10 hours doing pointless things just to get introuble for stupid reasons. Got arrested for following a cop and narrating everything he did.... He didn't like it very much.... Worst part is you can't really report police abuse so it ruins some of the fun. It is basically a military state with a few rebels allowed to do what they want. Unless you're a rebel it isn't that much fun.

I spent over an hour gathering apples to make money. When I finally made enough money to buy a few licenses I was killed by a cop running me over in the middle of the street then I was arrested because the physics in that game have no idea what they're doing and the car blew up..... So I'm the one who gets arrested after losing all my money and being ran over.... Fuck this shit and the reason I'm pointing this mod out to people is because this mod has absolutely swarmed the servers on Arma 3 at the moment, there is no decent game types to play on that game because of this Altis life...

Wasteland mod is where its at!

MrMadakey likes this

i cringe at the seriousness of it personally

My point exactly. People take the GAME way too seriously.

I have a friend who played over 700 hours of Takistan Life Liberation last year. The entertainment he finds in mining coal for 5 hours in order to get a driver's license just to end up losing it because a player who was a police saw him pass a STOP sign is.... well, it's beyond my comprehension. I understand the enjoyment you can find in role-playing game with other people, but the whole thing with [insert map name] Life is just overblown, in my opinion.

Also, some servers are handling the whole thing very poorly. Despite it being a "life"-sim there are often alot of dumb restrictions. For example, alot of people enjoy being bandits because it takes away some of their restrictions (like spending hours earning money for a license of some sort), but even then there are alot of things that can get them banned, even if they don't actually cheat.

Simply put, the whole mode lacks a good system, or infrastructure if you can call it that. Because of said reason, you're bound to play within the rules of the server. A game like Eve Online shits all over this with the whole idea of being a simulator where you can be who you want and do what you want.

Also for anyone who plays Takistan/Altis Life. Please do not support FFG (Fast Forward Gaming). The admins are assholes and will rage over any constructive criticism thrown in their way.

Also, some servers are handling the whole thing very poorly. Despite it being a "life"-sim there are often alot of dumb restrictions. For example, alot of people enjoy being bandits because it takes away some of their restrictions (like spending hours earning money for a license of some sort), but even then there are alot of things that can get them banned, even if they don't actually cheat.

This is very true. I have watched a bandit clan on YouTube and they have to announce when they are going to fire on police... What's the point !?!

This is very true. I have watched a bandit clan on YouTube and they have to announce when they are going to fire on police... What's the point !?!

Yeah, in terms of freedom to do what you want in a life simulator, some servers are doing a horrendous job.

One time when the friend I mentioned convinced me to try it out (spoiler alert: it sucked), I saw a group of bandits driving around and start firefights everywhere. The admins brushed off complaints from players, saying that it was a part of the game. Well, that opinion quickly changed when the bandits attacked a town and killed an admin who was helping out a few new players. He raged in the public chat (which was only allowed to be used by the selected few) and then banned them wall. 

Why not take the opportunity to do something awesome, like putting a bounty on their heads and unify the other players to go on a manhunt? thatwould have been awesome. and imagine how things would turn out when people would start turning on each other for the reward? The possibilities for these scenarios are endless! But no, let's just ban everyone who starts to go against the status quo and do something more interesting.