• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

alaugh0601

Loadout, just no.

21 posts in this topic

So, there is a free to play third person shooter that just came out on Steam, it is called Loadout and it is horrible. The point of Loadout is to make your own well, Loadout and go online and fight people, pretty simple but that's not bad thing.  However there are plenty of other bad things, first of all it's trying WAY to hard to be inappropriate, you can edit your character with a lot of "freedom" if you will, again not such a bad thing, but the character models are some of the ugliest you will see in a video game (With or without clothes) , that you just want turn of your monitor, there's also so much blood it just seems meaningless, it's not as bloody as like Mortal Kombat but it's less controlled if that makes sense.  Another thing is the game suffers from the "Rich get richer, poor get poorer" trope, because you can upgrade you gun to the point of pure nonsense and it's not even a challenge anymore.  Finally it's doing the Team Fortress 2 thing of free game and extra paid stuff poorly, wanna know why it worked in Team Fortress 2? The initial weapons you get are usable, you can get them through crafting and you can get them through item drops. However, in Loadout these things give huge bonuses like giving you extra currency for upgrades.  If you wanna free shooter, check out Team Fortress 2 and stay away from Loadout.

My wife told me about this game a few minutes ago.

I was going to install it and try it out. 

Wow, This opinion is too much harsh. I mean, I know about this game after watch joe's stream, but it's that bad? I can't think so.

Character models are really ugly but, well, acceptable for me. It just too much…manly. I don't know that is correct word but anyway.

So much blood? That cartoonish graphic is that brutal? They using gun and razor and rocket launcher. It's not pointless in my think.

"Rich get richer, poor get poorer" thing is can not judge, because I'm not play enough now.

And, this whole "Compare with TF2" stuff, that is too much. It's definitely similar with TF2 but, it's a new game. It's more like um…MMORPG? I mean, need enough time to earn in-game money for upgrade weapon. Btw, I can't agree initial weapons in TF2 is just usable. It's give me some feeling full of unfairness.

So, If this game is not your taste, It's fine. But this game is that bad? I can not agree. :)

graphics arnt a issue for me, hell i played wolfenstein 3d so anything that came after that looks great.

I want a good power curve in a game tho, sadly a lot of these games fail to give me a one. I downloaded it yesterday, but not i got might and magic x so fk actually playing anything else

I kind of thought the over-the-top nature of the game was intentional. 

Asides from the... I'm guessing... microtransactions, looks like a ball of inappropriate fun.

I've played it for around 2 hours now and for a F2P I find it to be fun. Yes it is totally over-the-top with everything but that is intentional and fits the theme of the game in general. I don't see why you think it is a rich get richer game? Yes you can buy a XP/currency boost but the weapons you can build all have pros and cons so even if you spend a buttload of money (which you can mostly spend for cosmetics) you won't be better than everybody else. I finished first most of the time and I don't have any special weapons in my locker...

I like it quite a lot

This game's really self aware, and that's great. It's filled with childish humor that's not to be taken seriously, the graphic is nice with character expressions and skin damage conveyed very well and the weapons customization option is varied, although the one that's most effective are the default machine gun and rocket launcher. The only downside is most of the items require a loooot of points to unlock, so you have to play over and over just to get a grenade that can heal you for 9000 points. Buying clothes means paying to get gold instead of getting gold to buy clothes. Leveling up requires a loooot of xps, and I personally think the Jackhammer that you use in the capture the flag/hammer mode is too powerful. You can kill enemies with just 1 hit with that thing. It's awesome to use and I got a lot of kills for it though.

Overall I like the game. For a free to play game, it's quite impressive that it's not pay to win. Here it's pay to dress, and you don't need to pay money to enjoy it.

............I have just witnessed something horrifying. Burnt Helga Twerking. I'm going to be sick.

Hey, it's called

not doing what everyone else is doing

You should try it sometime.

As for the F2P model, I can't say much about it as I haven't played the game myself, but I think it's okay for a F2P game to charge you as it seems fit, as long as it isn't detremental to the gameplay and enjoyment of the game itself.

So, there is a free to play third person shooter that just came out on Steam, it is called Loadout and it is horrible. The point of Loadout is to make your own well, Loadout and go online and fight people, pretty simple but that's not bad thing.  However there are plenty of other bad things, first of all it's trying WAY to hard to be inappropriate, you can edit your character with a lot of "freedom" if you will, again not such a bad thing, but the character models are some of the ugliest you will see in a video game (With or without clothes) , that you just want turn of your monitor, there's also so much blood it just seems meaningless, it's not as bloody as like Mortal Kombat but it's less controlled if that makes sense.  Another thing is the game suffers from the "Rich get richer, poor get poorer" trope, because you can upgrade you gun to the point of pure nonsense and it's not even a challenge anymore.  Finally it's doing the Team Fortress 2 thing of free game and extra paid stuff poorly, wanna know why it worked in Team Fortress 2? The initial weapons you get are usable, you can get them through crafting and you can get them through item drops. However, in Loadout these things give huge bonuses like giving you extra currency for upgrades.  If you wanna free shooter, check out Team Fortress 2 and stay away from Loadout.

''ugliest you will see in a video game'' The character models are supposed to be ugly and over the top parodies of real people. The two male characters are Rambo (or Sylvester Stallone) and Mr. T, while the female character might be overall parody from pop princesses (not entirely sure). The character models are not ugliest in terms of graphical standpoint. 

''Rich get richer, poor get poorer''... First of all, this term is used in games that have match built shop (or whatever you want to call it), where the person who completes objective will get money (In CS you get by killing enemies, planting bomb, winning round, losing round etc.). In Loadout there is no shop, everyone will have their same weapons throughout the game, and these weapons are usually very balanced. There is no way to get poorer in this game, only richer since completing objective will give you some amount of the currency that will let you buy weapon upgrades. Even the upgrades don't matte, since the default weapons kill enemies pretty darn fast. The game is truly one of the only F2P games, since it gives no advantage for paying players, other than XP, character customization and currency boosters, but that's it. 

''upgrade you gun to the point of pure nonsense and it's not even a challenge anymore''

You can't. I'll explain how the weapon system works:

Each weapon has base damage, and by upgrading it with certain upgrades, it will lose damage or gain it, but the DPS will always stay around the same. If I have rocket launcher that has damage of 100 and the reload time of 1.5 secs, the DPS will be 66.67. What if I add quad barrel to it? If the damage would stay same, then it would be pretty OP weapon, but because the damage will be cut to 30 and the time you need to wait between shooting the each rocket is 0.3 secs, then the DPS will be: (30*4)/((0.7*3)+1.5)) exactly 50. It's 16.67 damage less, but the cost is that you have smaller risk of missing. You have 4 rockets to shoot, so the probability of you missing 4 is a lot smaller than it would be if you had only one.

Before you start criticizing games, you should play them enough. Your steam profile said that you had 0.3 hours = 18 minutes with the game, so you have barely even touched the game. 18 minutes is hardly enough for anyone to actually get the idea of how this game works. You had at maximum 2 matches if you just rushed through the tutorial, and that's not enough. Nothing angers me more than idiots who just blame games being bad after trying it out but failing in it hardly, or for some other reason.

It's just an over-the-top game. Just because you might not be a fan of over-the-top games does not make it horrible. And f2p games with microtransactions are not a "TF2 thing"

TF2 being f2p is actually a recent f2p title when compared to how long f2p has been around for. And most (I want to say all, but I haven't played all f2p games) have microtransactions. Developers gotta make the moneyz

I've played a bit of it now and there is an "I Win" weapon.

Get a 4 barrel rocket launcher.

Get Cluster detonation.

Bunny hop around people and shoot downwards.

Laugh as you manage to kill fucking everything.

So much bunny hopping and rocket dropping going on. Not a bad game but only in small doses for me.

Looks and plays kinda different to other FPS-es, might pause my ongoing Elder Scrolls Online download to try it out. TF2 was very different from other shooters and that made it popular I guess.

But i still yearn for a next-gen Unreal Tournament, where every damn weapon has an insane learning curve. Or a next-gen Quake, with 32 players bhopping around the map in a free-for-all in a fast paced killing frenzy. Those were the days.

all i have to say about this game is:

At least the gameplay works compared to other shooters ... cough cough BF4 cough...

only issue i have with the game is long reaction time from the servers.

Otherwise it's fun for a free to play

Personally i don't think the game looks that bad and it seems like it's meant to just be mindless FPS fun which isn't a bad thing. I haven't played it yet myself, but from I've read and heard it's a game where you need to not take everything so serious and just play.

Kinda like TF2.

My wife told me about this game a few minutes ago.

I was going to install it and try it out. 

Try it, me and my buds have been having a blast with it. It's just hilarious. Don't take it seriously for a moment or you'll have a reaction like said man farrrr up above in the OP.

How are the models bad?. Hideously ugly and uncomfortably perverted in a sick and twisted way? yup, but bad?, hell no. This game has a certain style, I do not personally like it, but that still does not make it a bad thing.