• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

Dungeon Keeper IOS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE EA!!!

18 posts in this topic

As a kid one of my all time favourite games was Dungeon Keeper by Bullfrog, most older members will likely know all about it for younger members I just want to prefix this post by briefly explaining what it was about.

It was essentially an RTS game where you played an evil demi-god called a Keeper who constructs a dungeon inhabited by minions whom you train, feed and lead on a conquest against brave heroes and rival Keepers in order to conquer the world. There were 2 games in the series and they were both great in their own ways although I personally prefer the first and was very disappointed when the series seemed to stop.

But now it's back on IOS..... And OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! I'll let Boogie explain...

Just like him I've been waiting for a new Dungeon Keeper for more than a decade and THIS is what we get!! Just another crappy touch game full of timers and paywalls!! This actually makes me physically sick, this franchise deserves a proper release.

Fuck you EA!! You cashwhoring greedy-arse pricks!!!

mouseno4 and Mighty Falcon like this

The game is free, so this isn't anything surprising. Charging money out of games you've paid for, would be awful and very unethical. The thing is, if they can't make money out of this game in any way, then they had no reason to actually make the game in the first place. If consumers actually pay money to get further in the games, then the only one we have to blame, are the consumers. People buy to get further in games -> Companies are encouraged to do more paywalls.

The guys from Bullfrog left EA when they destroyed the company. 

No matter how many games EA publish with the Dungeon Keeper title it is not a Dungeon Keeper game.

Some of the guys who worked on Dungeon Keeper helped make War for the Overworld. It's a spiritual sequel but it's the closest we will ever get.

There will never .... EVER .... be another Dungeon Keeper game. Bullfrog no longer exists. Don't be suckered into buying shit name rip offs that EA bring out.

The game is free, so this isn't anything surprising. Charging money out of games you've paid for, would be awful and very unethical. The thing is, if they can't make money out of this game in any way, then they had no reason to actually make the game in the first place. If consumers actually pay money to get further in the games, then the only one we have to blame, are the consumers. People buy to get further in games -> Companies are encouraged to do more paywalls.

I understand for FTP games the developers need to make their money back by other means, I get that but to this degree is completely unacceptable.  In boogie's video one block behind a 24 hour paywall would cost $2.50, if the next block costs the same then a 3x3 room would cost $20.00 without waiting and In my experience of the original games most rooms need to be bigger than that!  That is going way to far.

Ahhh, Dungeon Keeper, what a great game.

Why this games are not coming out any more, soooo sad.

But in the end I agree with what Cheufade said. There are just stupid people who pay and pay and pay. Everyone would do the same if they would be EA, because it a business model brings money, why change it.

I never understood why some games just for mobile don't cost 20$ or something like that. You pay and that's it.

Would be nice if everything is free but this is not how it works.

Another massive fan of the old games here, and even though I'm not surprised, this is sickening to my sole.

It's another reason why EA should fall down dead of all the worst STD's as karmic resulting of the whoring and rot in deepest pits of fucking hell!

Bimpy782 likes this

Another victims of EA...  :(

btw, I think I just put this here.

Well... Victims?...

I mean it is FTP, and sure it is unplayable due to the paywalls and the timers but you aren't forced to pay. 

Anyone with a sane mind won't pay a cent to games like this. I mean, seriously... If no one pays for these games this paywall trend will blow over once they realise they won't make money with this bullcrap. 

We need to get Joe into a damned Angry Rant about this. This is down right ridiculous!

Crazycrab, Bimpy782 and Glaice like this

Oh hey look it's Star Trek: PIxels part 2! More bullshit timers!

I second an Angry Rant if Joe was a fan of the Dungeon Keeper series.

Bimpy782 likes this

man im so sick of EA destroying great game franchises why did it have to be dungeon keeper why couldnt they have just made a new crappy IP well at least there is a light in this tunnle War of the Overworld is planed to be out this year so lets wait for that

Here's Totalbiscuit's thoughts on it (I think you can guess what they are), as well as the series as a whole:

As for me, I can't say I'm a fan of the series (though the above video does make me interested in it), but even I can tell that EA has sucked and torn the identity out of this game like a starved, crazed vampire, leaving behind nothing but a bunch of dried body parts that is only identifiable by the name on it's driver's license. iTunes page. Whatever.

Nerd3 uploaded a vid that explains how this game works in a bit more detail.

Great video mate!  I read the article to and would like to sum up what the developer being interviewed is saying.