• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morphbox

If you love Kingdom Hearts and gaming, please help us out.

13 posts in this topic

Hello I'm someone who has been a fan of Kingdom Hearts ever since the games came out on the PS2. Now I'm sure there are some KH fans here on the AJSA forums and if not then give the games a try. Anyways what is this help that I need of you? Well there is a petition that needs signatures and a thread on Square's forums. Both need more attention. This movement is all about porting the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes onto the Xbox 360 or Xbox One (mainly the Xbox 360). Now I'm not gonna lie, I love my 360 and One because I just prefer them over the Playstation brand, but even so I love Kingdom Hearts and even if I was someone who preferred Playstation I would still sign this. All I'm asking is simply this. If you are a fan of the games and feel that more people should play them, then help out and sign the petition and leave a message on the forum. I will link both in this post. Thankfully we got the attention of Phil Spencer and he tweeted about the petition and he signed it. I'm hoping you guys can help out any way you can because well I find it kinda weird that we get KH3 for both PS4 and Xbox One, but not the other games for Xbox owners. So if you are a fan or just a gamer who loves games and wants everyone to enjoy them, then please help us out.

UPDATE: Here's the link to a website that Microsoft reads player feedback and this one in particular is Kingdom Hearts related: http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements/suggestions/6031486-kingdom-hearts-collection-for-xbox-one 

This Petition's link: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-co-make-kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-and-2-5-remix-come-out-on-xbox-360-as-well

The Square Forum link:  http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=9197

Not to sound rude but I'm pretty sure this won't happen because Sony and Nintendo own some form of rights to the games maybe not by IP but other means, it's like asking for the Final Fantasy games that were playstation only, won't happen anytime soon. I'll sign but I'm just saying that I don't think it will happen. Plus they said they wanted all the games on one system and that system so happens to be the PS3 by selection, it was in some old interview. Then there's the problem that they would have to remake the games from scratch for Xbox 360, they merely have to port the games to PS3 (excluding Kingdom Hearts, since they lost the assets to that game).

I realize we have an uphill battle, but I don't see why they can't throw us a bone. I'm still gonna buy KH3 because well I love the series, but still if Microsoft wants the series on their console then I don't see why not. After all people showed interest in Final Fantasy XIII and that was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive. 

Again no offense but Final Fantasy 13 is a poor example, Final Fantasy 13 was actually more of Square Enix's idea not the consumers, they've decided to go multiplatform now to gain more of a fanbase and cash, basically it's more compariable to what Fromsoft did with the Souls series, they wanted multiplatform and that's what they did, technically I don't believe any Final Fantasy game is owned by Sony title wise so they didn't have any tricks to do to make it multiplatform, Kingdom Hearts might be a different story. Likes I said early as well, the original games were on PS2 so porting them to PS3 isn't that hard since the have the assets, merely have to make it compatible with PS3, excluding Kingdom Hearts since it had to be made from scratch. If they were to make it on Xbox 360 (doubt they would do it for the new gen since the remix games are exclusively on PS3 as of now) they would need to start from scratch which I don't think they will do. Again not trying to be mean just thinking as a business what I would do and justify if there would be a point which I can't really say there is really in my opinon. There might be people on the 360 who want Kingdom Hearts but that doesn't mean they will see any justification to make it for them because there might not be a high enough demand.

Yeah but all they have to do is just change the coding to work on the 360. That and change the button layout from shapes to letters.  If that takes what a year or so at best then fine I can wait. Actually I could wait even longer considering well we had to wait almost ten years for KH3. I'm a very patient guy and I know others are patient as well.  I really don't see how this can't be doable. Plus yeah I know this will require more attention then what it has, hence why I'm asking people to help out. Plus like I mentioned Phil Spencer likes the idea and if you went to the forum you'll notice it's getting some pretty good attention. Again not as much, but it's still at least getting acknowledgement. 

It'll be tough, I think you might be in a really small minority that actually wants the KH series on the xbox. It will suck for people who pick up KH3 and not know what the hell is going on. The only games I missed out from the series is the re:coded and the two for the DS and I feel like that's a lot to miss out on

Porting a game is not as simple as flipping a switch and changing buttons. Many games have been ruined graphically and performance wise because one console was easier to work with than the other. It's all about licensing, as much as I hate to say it...a petition won't drive a developer to work out a deal to go multiplatform unless they deem it necessary. My suggestion, be patient and hopefully it gets done sometime down the road. Take note that the Kingdom Hearts Remixes started as Japanese games...hence Sony. So I really wouldn't count on the Japanese companies selling out to port to Xbox, a harsh reality.

I am well aware of that and I know how the Japanese market is towards Xbox as well as the developers, but I still think this is doable only because of the fact they decided to put KH3 on both the Xbox One and the PS4. I realize that it's not easy porting a game and a lot of the time it causes problems, but I'm just here as a fan and as someone who thinks it to be odd that Xbox owners are getting the shaft on this. Look I'm not trying to be difficult in any way and I realize what I'm asking is almost impossible, but I can still hope and well I guess this post is getting some kind of attention. Anyways thanks for all the concerns guys, but I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

This is like asking for Amnesia, Outlast, 3089, Loadout, Dust: An Elysian Tail or Hard Reset to be released on the Xbox 360/One. Slim to no chance of happening.

Again I know and again I know the odds are stacked against me and others like myself, but if we show Square how much this matters and why it should happen, it might. After all these developers listen to their fans and the fans wallets. Well at least that's how I see it anyways. As I said I know how Japan views the Xbox brand and to be honest I think that sucks, but I still want to give this a good try.

I am well aware of that and I know how the Japanese market is towards Xbox as well as the developers, but I still think this is doable only because of the fact they decided to put KH3 on both the Xbox One and the PS4. I realize that it's not easy porting a game and a lot of the time it causes problems, but I'm just here as a fan and as someone who thinks it to be odd that Xbox owners are getting the shaft on this. Look I'm not trying to be difficult in any way and I realize what I'm asking is almost impossible, but I can still hope and well I guess this post is getting some kind of attention. Anyways thanks for all the concerns guys, but I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

This is because Microsoft is try to grab the Asian market by bringing games from different countries. However the Xbox console line are North American consoles, but this is just for Xbox One and even if KH 1.5, 2.5 make it to Xbone or 360 it would be either to late but who you should be telling this petition to is Square Enix not Microsoft.

We have done both man. We are now trying to get the attention of Square right now. I know that Microsoft is trying to get the Asian market and a big one is Japan. I am also well aware that Square is a stubborn developer when it comes to the Xbox brand. Still me and others found it odd that Xbox One owners will get KH3 but not the other games. How many people are willing to spend the money on a PS3 and the HD Remixes? I can certainly say I'm not buying a PS3 just to play play four games and watch cut scenes. Again I know this is something that seems impossible and it might not happen. However, you can't say something won't happen unless you actually try. I'm willing to fight for this not because I am an Xbox fan, but because I am fan of a series I love playing and I want others to play and I feel that this is the right course of action.