• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jerjer

The elders scrolls online beta review

45 posts in this topic

Yeah, going to have to agree with a couple of folk above me.

Whoever Joe was playing with in that video was talking shit. The loot system is far different than what they were saying.

Well the loot system has always been like this in every beta I've been in (2 now).

Maybe that was from a previous beta. 

It must have been, a lot of what they were saying was completely different than what i'd seen in the this and the last one.

Joe has played Rift? that game is huge content wise for a F2P.

Anyway, i did not get intro the beta yet, but i got some friends that are and all are telling me the same thing, at first it look awesome, but it gets boring fast with lots of generic MMO things on it.

And Joe seems to be telling the same thing.

Joe has played Rift? that game is huge content wise for a F2P.

It didn't start out as free to play.

It had a subscription model for quite a while. I quit when it went free.

I also quit SWTOR when it went free.

It didn't start out as free to play.

It had a subscription model for quite a while. I quit when it went free.

I also quit SWTOR when it went free.

just asking, what are the main differences between the free to play ones and the p2p ones?

btw, grats on your 5 - 1 trashing

just asking, what are the main differences between the free to play ones and the p2p ones?

btw, grats on your 5 - 1 trashing

Thankyou very much bud, I did enjoy that game ..... helps that my step daughter is an Arsenal fan so she's now making my coffee for the rest of the weekend after losing that bet.

Difference between free and pay .... the cash shop.

I hate cash grabs and SWTOR has the single worst free to play model i've ever come across.

Rift isn't terrible but the community is garbage. It wasn't fantastic to start with but it got gradually worse.  

I've played 4 MMO's that went free to play and I ended up leaving them all. Strangely though I play a few free to play MMO's that started off free and enjoy them. I just get used to one thing in an MMO, example being all content available, and then free to play locks certain content for subscribers which I can deal with because I sub but then it puts armour, weapons, pets, mounts, colour crystals and all other manner of shit in the cash shop and the game itself gets ignored.

LoreMaster likes this

I am eagerly awaiting the PC release so i can really see how poorly it will be reviewed. I may be wrong but i cant see this getting much praise by reviewers.

if you applied you should've got the email for your key

Joe's friends were talking out of their arse at that point. Loot is individualised for all players, meaning even if you're in a team you will get your own loot, same with quest items. When not in a group you can get loot from an enemy fighting someone else, but only if you make a major contribution to the fight.

Yeah, going to have to agree with a couple of folk above me.

Whoever Joe was playing with in that video was talking shit. The loot system is far different than what they were saying.

I think Delrith was the one talking about the loot system. (I made the giraffe neck comment)

It was a first impressions video and some stuff was bound to be wrong. As for "Talking shit" we were playing casually with Joe, we had no idea what would make it into the video. I'll be the first to admit I said some stupid shit during the video, we all did. In my case it was the first time I'd partaken in anything like that. Thankfully not much of what I said made it in.

For the misinformation I'm sorry. Otherwise I'll personally try to to do better. :D

I appreciate the criticism.

LoreMaster likes this

I think Delrith was the one talking about the loot system. (I made the giraffe neck comment)

It was a first impressions video and some stuff was bound to be wrong. As for "Talking shit" we were playing casually with Joe, we had no idea what would make it into the video. I'll be the first to admit I said some stupid shit during the video, we all did. In my case it was the first time I'd partaken in anything like that. Thankfully not much of what I said made it in.

For the misinformation I'm sorry. Otherwise I'll personally try to to do better. :D

As long as there's a SECOND impression that'd be fine ;)

Thanks Mortraven. I never thought you were all intentionally lying, only misinformed or some such; I'm very glad I was right. I'd go with LoreMaster and hope for a second impressions video.

As long as there's a SECOND impression that'd be fine ;)

Well, Joe wants to do one for the PvP side of things at least. So there's that.

I apologies, I tend to talk a bit blunt and realise this can make me sound a lot harsher than I mean to.

For a first impression it wasn't a bad vid.

And for the record, I think some of us would be happy with mobs that flanked us and used tactics. Not sure if it was you that commented on mobs running straight at you. They do so i'm not going to disagree with that but later on (the third place you visit) there are a few mobs that have tactics, not great ones but they try.

I apologies, I tend to talk a bit blunt and realise this can make me sound a lot harsher than I mean to.

For a first impression it wasn't a bad vid.

And for the record, I think some of us would be happy with mobs that flanked us and used tactics. Not sure if it was you that commented on mobs running straight at you. They do so i'm not going to disagree with that but later on (the third place you visit) there are a few mobs that have tactics, not great ones but they try.

Yeah, pretty sure that was also Delrith. Not positive though. It's good to hear that enemies later in the game use flanking tactics, I was feeling a little too hard to kill as my Templar.

Edit: Also, no worries about being blunt. Without feedback it's impossible to improve. :)

Yeah, pretty sure that was also Delrith. Not positive though. It's good to hear that enemies later in the game use flanking tactics, I was feeling a little too hard to kill as my Templar.

It's nothing spectacular.

Archers will try and get a bit of distance from melee, they back up a bit. Some bandits and skeletons flank but not all. It's a bit weird to explain and see. It's like the AI is there but it's only half working. 

Most mobs will still charge at you like a bunch of sex starved perverts that have just seen a pair of breasts for the first time in 10 years but some mobs do try.

There are some quest mobs that need more than tank and spank tactics but I can't talk about them without breaking NDA. You'll know them when you see them anyway. 

Archers will try and get a bit of distance from melee, they back up a bit. Some bandits and skeletons flank but not all. It's a bit weird to explain and see. It's like the AI is there but it's only half working. 

you forgot that archers arrows vanish in the air, making it difficult to see where your shot landed

you forgot that archers arrows vanish in the air, making it difficult to see where your shot landed

I've had that too. And getting stuck half way through a skill animation and having to reloadui to get out of it.

This is the third ESO beta I've been in, and my only previous ES experience was half-finishing Skyrim before getting distracted by GuildWars 2.  I'd say GW2 is far and away a better and more immersive game, even if you didn't play the first GuildWars (I did, in beta and after release,) and I quit GW2, so odds of me forking over money (that I don't have) AND paying monthly....yeah, not happening even if I wasn't unemployed.  Otherwise, I pretty much agreed with the video's criticisms.  If ESO's fine with ONLY bringing in Elder Scrolls fans, then maybe the game works for that, but if they want to bring in people like myself who aren't in that category...when any issue I have is met in chat with attacks of, "It'z Elder Scrollz!!!!" that's a bad sign.  It's happened less in this beta, though, thankfully.

And if I had a gold for every time I've had to /reloadui I could buy the frickin 17k mounts >.>

Can't say much due to NDA balls but yes, yes they are expensive.

Again, nothing new. I remember busting my ass in WoW for weeks to get just enough money for one.

LOTRO they weren't cheap multiple gold coins for the decent ones, plus a pretty penny for the skill tiers

SWTOR before free to play it would cost close to a half million or more credits to buy all 3 skill tiers, buy a new mount each tier, then find one you like, then if you factor in the time and  cost of running Operation after Operation with 8-16 people all rolling for the dropped one, the cost of crafting stims, med packs, and armor repair after some random troll ass pub leeroy jenkins' into a boss and gets you wiped, it can cost multiple millions of credits.

TLDR: Mounts are expensive in all MMOs, maybe TOO expensive yes, but usually worth it.