• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baylor

Legion of Isidore: Society of Christian Gamers

54 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I've just recently joined the Angry Army, but I would like to meet other Christian gamers and have this thread as a place where AJSA can come and talk about Christian issues with their comrades. In the future, we could maybe do some Twitch events for Christian-based campaigns such as pro-life, aiding the sick, or just donating to charity in general. It would be cool to think that with a massive community within the gaming industry we could potentially shape the world for the better right from the comfort of our own homes.

Pro Vida. Pro Ecclesia. Pro Jesu.

God Bless,

Baylor 

GoldLeader815 likes this

I'm trying not to mean this in a trollish manner but here I go.

Why don't you just want to meet nice gamers? If someone simply supports abortion(amen to that btw.) does he or she become a person you don't want to play with?

2ofSpades, Glaice, Hawko and 3 others like this

I'm trying not to mean this in a trollish manner but here I go.

Why don't you just want to meet nice gamers? If someone simply supports abortion(amen to that btw.) does he or she become a person you don't want to play with?

Agreed 

Welcome 

but try not to mix Religion into games or Convert people as i am sure u now many gamers will react poorly to you

As people have stated already, I fail to see why religion is needed here... I mean all we are is a bunch of people who talk to eachother and play some games. Religion just...i don't know, further separates us. You don't need to be Christian to aid the sick or donate to charity. As an athiest these are morals I believe in.

I'm just trying to say that I feel that, in saying you wish to do it with fellow Christians, you're segregating some of us. Religion should not be a factor in how much good you want to do in the world, or who you want to spend your time with. We're all humans here.

Berserker, Twisted Chi, BSB and 5 others like this

Welcome to the AJSA.

In extension of what Auron said, we're a diverse group but we don't discriminate. You also shouldn't expect the AJSA to take political sides, that's just unrealistic. I don't see why we wouldn't ever do charity events, but I don't think they'll have religious undertones. Keep in mind that what we do as a group, can affect Joe personally, and we don't want that.

The AJSA wasn't created to be a religious/political group, we're gamers first and foremost. We won't judge, or discriminate you based on your beliefs, but we expect the same from you in return.

BSB, WeLiVeR, Shae and 1 other like this

I think you misunderstand what I intend with this. I don't mean to discriminate against anyone. In fact, just the opposite. I love meeting nice gamers and playing alongside them, but I would like to have a section of the community in which gamers can openly discuss Christian topics. Not just for religious sake, but because most religious texts are great works of literature, and the historical context in which some of them take place are fascinating. Perhaps it's best summarized with this quote:

"The past is like a foreign country. They do things differently there."

Plus, I feel that having a Christian-based gaming community would enhance the non-discriminate gaming community by offering some of our tradition and culture. By sharing our viewpoints, we can better understand what makes each other different and appreciate that our differences allow us to offer something no one else can to the gaming community.

I get what you're trying to do, but having a "Christian only section", is already discriminative. You can create a thread about your beliefs if you want to. It's not like you can't discuss whatever you want, the General section is a free for all topic wise.

But the AJSA as a whole, can't take sides on this. Satanists, Christians, Muslims and Pagans are all the same here, we won't treat anyone differently.

Like i said before, we're Gamers first here, and what we do can affect Joe personally. As such, we can't favor one religion, or side over another.

WeLiVeR likes this

I think you misunderstand what I intend with this. I don't mean to discriminate against anyone. In fact, just the opposite. I love meeting nice gamers and playing alongside them, but I would like to have a section of the community in which gamers can openly discuss Christian topics. Not just for religious sake, but because most religious texts are great works of literature, and the historical context in which some of them take place are fascinating. Perhaps it's best summarized with this quote:

Plus, I feel that having a Christian-based gaming community would enhance the non-discriminate gaming community by offering some of our tradition and culture. By sharing our viewpoints, we can better understand what makes each other different and appreciate that our differences allow us to offer something no one else can to the gaming community.

That could very quickly turn into a Fire Zone as many believe there own religion is better if we make a religion section we need to make a section for EACH religion.

As berserker said were gamers period we discuss what we want but the Army as a whole will not take sides on Politics/Religion  

I agree with Berserker. We cannot do this. You are free to share your religious views but imposing them is totally a different matter. And yea. As Eddie said, this can boil over into a shitstorm VERY soon. So let's all stop here. 

Again, I'm trying not to troll but Christianity is not exactly known for being free of discrimination even nowadays. And if there was a section for Catholics and Protestants then there should be a section for Yoruba, Hindi, Budhists, Norse pagans... And you can probably see the problem with that.

This isn't taking sides. Anyone can read and participate with us, but with full knowledge that we do have a religious undertone. My goal with this isn't to establish Christians as a social elite, but rather to share with others our viewpoint. Who knows, people who are not Christian could form their own societies (Muslim, Hebrew, Hindu, Buddhist, etc.). In seeing our primary goals (pro-life, pro-charity, offering our culture to the gaming industry), they could probably find similarities and therefore we could unite in a major World Ordinance and show people that it's okay to be proud of your culture, that something some see as childish such as gaming can actually be more mature by uniting different cultures to one cause.

I'd like to believe that we could have various religious sections that are ACCEPTING of one another. You all have even said, the majority of you are in favor of some of the things this society would promote. So why not do it? Why not just start your own society based on your religion and your religious values. Then from there, use those to benefit the gaming community as a whole. It may turn out the Muslim society could be better at doing things than the Christian society, but the Christian society has more resources, but the Hindu society is better at translating, or who knows! The possibilities are endless, with the primary goal being celebrating cultural differences while promoting a better gaming industry for a great cause.

This isn't taking sides. Anyone can read and participate with us, but with full knowledge that we do have a religious undertone. My goal with this isn't to establish Christians as a social elite, but rather to share with others our viewpoint. Who knows, people who are not Christian could form their own societies (Muslim, Hebrew, Hindu, Buddhist, etc.). In seeing our primary goals (pro-life, pro-charity, offering our culture to the gaming industry), they could probably find similarities and therefore we could unite in a major World Ordinance and show people that it's okay to be proud of your culture, that something some see as childish such as gaming can actually be more mature by uniting different cultures to one cause.

That is not what the AJSA was created for, or is about. You're free to create a topic, or two about your belief, but that's about it.

The AJSA isn't a missionary group, simple as that.

Hawko, WeLiVeR, Emphase and 1 other like this

That is not what the AJSA was created for, or is about. You're free to create a topic, or two about your belief, but that's about it.

The AJSA isn't a missionary group, simple as that.

Not meaning to be trollish but... #told. 

Berserker, WeLiVeR and LordMagus like this

Well, I understand your concerns. However, I do appreciate the feedback, regardless of the outcome. Thank you for taking the time to see my viewpoint. While I will continue to have posts with potential religious undertones, I would like you all to know that I do intend the best, and while we may have our differences and may not see eye-to-eye on every topic, perhaps we can set them aside for the sake of good gaming. Until next time, a good day to you all.

Doshka17 likes this

Well, I understand your concerns. However, I do appreciate the feedback, regardless of the outcome. Thank you for taking the time to see my viewpoint. While I will continue to have posts with potential religious undertones, I would like you all to know that I do intend the best, and while we may have our differences and may not see eye-to-eye on every topic, perhaps we can set them aside for the sake of good gaming. Until next time, a good day to you all.

Just as a side note, please don't include religion in every post you make. This is for your own good. Not everyone here is a Christian, and even fewer wants to hear about religion all the time.

LePheenix, Emphase, WeLiVeR and 2 others like this

Just as a side note, please don't include religion in every post you make. This is for your own good. Not everyone here is a Christian, and even fewer wants to hear about religion all the time.

#told. Again. 

LordMagus and Berserker like this

that's what i said in my very first post, hes very right tho

Berserker likes this

Also stop throwing Pro-life around as a good thing, it's not, it infringes people's rights based on religious grounds that should have no place in law-making anymore.

And this is why discussing this stuff here is a bad idea, one of the nice things in the forum is that your religion, ethnicity or culture doesn't matter as long as you like gaming.

Leave the guy alone

Nobody's harassing him...

We're looking out for his well-being as well as the well-being of the forums and its members

Berserker, Emphase and BSB like this

Leave the guy alone

I feel that, against all odds, this thread has produced a fairly mature and reasonably debate, If you can find an argument to help Baylor, by all means present it to us.

But like Forsakenpanda said, we're not attacking or harassing him, we're keeping the good of the entire AJSA in mind. Don't put forth an idea if you can't take critique.

If you're really serious about this just make a Christian gamers Facebook group or something.

Twitch events for Christian-based campaigns such as pro-life,

Not all Christians are pro-life. Different Christians have different beliefs on different issues but it sounds like you're expecting the members of your Christian gamer community to fit within a very narrowly defined ideological spectrum.

Berserker likes this

Hey I understand what your trying to do get gamers together and use our awesome bad ass gaming skills to help people and also for you to meet people who have similar interests other then games. Its a great idea but how you worded it is getting people confused so maybe try rewording it and see if that helps.

Hey I understand what your trying to do get gamers together and use our awesome bad ass gaming skills to help people and also for you to meet people who have similar interests other then games. Its a great idea but how you worded it is getting people confused so maybe try rewording it and see if that helps.

I don't think that's the issue, Baylor expresses himself clearly, and coherently. We can all agree that charity=awesome, but Baylor would like for the AJSA to do charity streams and the like, in the name of his religion, which is where the misunderstanding occurs.

We are not a religious group, and as such we should not present ourselves as adherent to any single religion ever.

You would have us divide the community based on religions, making sections for each individual group?. That sounds like an awful idea. This has no place on this forum, and if you want to discuss personal beliefs and other religious matters then feel free to post it on one of the many horrible Christian sites. Even the religion thread, which was in no way biased towards any particular religion(or lack there of), started to turn sour, although we managed to avoid most of the hate. So basically, to sum up, thou primal beliefs have no power in this realm