• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

Darkest Dungeon (gothic roguelike RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring) (Funded)

25 posts in this topic

Kickstarter Link

Kickstarter is over with over 313,000 raised and over $3,000 on paypal.

Support with Paypal

This is probably the most interesting project I've seen in quite a while, along with Kingdom Come, but I'm more interested in this one. A lot of different game features are talked about on the Kickstarter.

You will recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts and beyond. You'll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.

You will have to tend to characters’ spirits as much as you do to their Hit Points. But in these grim situations, you'll find opportunities for true heroism!

Darkest Dungeon is not a game where every hero wins the day with shiny armor and a smile. It is a game about hard trade-offs, nearly certain demise, and heroic reversals. 

Do you have what it takes to survive in the forgotten corners of the Darkest Dungeon?

d9bede997c548d8419d4da81f93a94f1_large.j

adab773cb5d5e363adbe6dd3f6821ef1_large.g

2f25379fb45088c2a73d2927d9c72bb4_large.p

54d946e8d2823ab4613771c309b872ec_large.g

430cc3f97697a66e8418bf5d021b1e48_large.j

Damn you're fast :D just wanted to post this

Damn you're fast :D just wanted to post ist

You follow Brian Fargo on Kickstarter or twitter and you pretty much find out about everything cool, video game wise, as soon as it shows up.

Backed it with 20$

Happy to see this doing so well, already passed $100,000.

Just passed the $175,000 stretch goal. Town Events and Color Customization have also changed places in the stretch goal list after asking for fan feedback.

They just passed the $200,000 goal to add new monsters, items, treasures, and a new dungeon inspired by Shadow Over Innsmouth. That sounds like a perfect match for this game.

9fd5bad77d8514d75e2172b4cb959a31_large.j

Really glad you showed me this. My brother also instantly backed it

Added a link where you can support them through paypal and added their new video showing how combat works.

looks good

Another goal passed has town events being added to the game.

Funded this back in March. Any idea when the Alpha becomes available?

No, I usually support projects and then don't read anything else about them until release.

I went and check the wesbite and found they haven't posted a blogpost since January, which was the announcement for their kickstarter.

I rummaged around a bit and found that they have a mailing list, which you can subscribe to here: http://darkestdungeon.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=738acc944def71f4362117184&id=295d72a25d

The text in particular says:

"

When Will the Game Release?

We are tentatively planning an early 2015  release. However, early supporters will be able to play an Early Access (Beta) version around fall 2014. Stay tuned for opportunities to become a supporter by JOINING OUR MAILING LIST, or following us on twitter (@DarkestDungeon).

"

Love how this forum's editor just picks up the links and formats them correctly.

Received an email yesterday, which apparently got sent to everyone who backed more than $20. It was a simple poll asking which 2 characters we would like to see developed first, out of 5.

So for those wondering, there is activity.

Im looking forward to this game

a shame that the last goals werent reached, but im happy that they reached what they reached. 

Just got an email with updates on the games. They will have a booth at the upcoming Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle on Aug 29 - Sep 1st!
They will be in the Indie Megabooth. Attendees will have a chance to get hands-on with Darkest Dungeon and try out a mini-quest in an attempt to stop an evil Necromancer from summoning all manner of terrible eldritch denizens.

But, the most important part of all: The Early Access Timeline.

Many of you are curious about when you can get your hands on the Early Access release of Darkest Dungeon, and we don't blame you! We still have quite a bit of work to do on the game and don't feel confident nailing down a firm date just yet. However, we are making great progress and are very much enjoying building a great experience for you.

We want to make sure that even our Early Access release is of very high quality and is something we are proud of. We estimate there are still several months of work left to do. We'll be able to make a clearer projection of release date once we return from PAX and can evaluate feedback and take another exhaustive look at the project plan.

Rest assured, we are toiling hard and moving along! To show some of our progress, here are some juicy updates:

What have we been up to over the last few months?
We have been working on a TON of new systems, art, and content for the game since our last newsletter. Here is a sampling:

• Town! Building a place for your adventurers to R&R in between quests. Tavern Abbey, Stagecoach, Sanitarium, and more!
  • New heroes! we now have 8 hero classes implemented, complete with combat skills, camping skills, weapons and amor, and more.
  • More dungeons! Breaking ground on the unique environments (Ruins, Weald, Cove, Warrens)  The Darkest Dungeon will come later.
  • Tons of monsters! No gargoyle, crone, fungus giant, rabid dog, spider, and more have been left unturned!
  • Exploration prototyping. We've been improving the way that your party navigates through the dungeon. We want it to feel awesome and interactive, and have been making some changes to our previous design.
  • Saving! Turns out, it's important to save the game now and again. Now it does!
CHECK OUT SOME NEW SCREENSHOTS HERE:
--Upgrading weapons at the Blacksmith
--Choosing a new quest.
--Bounty Hunter lands a crit!

Superfan "Sneakypie" has put up a fantastic fan-site and fan forum over at DarkerDungeon.com

Weekly Development LiveStream on Twitch

Every Thursday at 4pm Pacific Standard Time (PST), we do a 1-hour development livestream on the Indie Megabooth Twitch.tv channel: www.twitch.tv/indiemegabooth

During each stream session, you can watch us working on the game (usually it's Chris drawing, because that's more exciting than watching Tyler spreadsheeting) while fielding Q&A in real time from your comments. Sometimes, we play through the game. One time, Brooks did some animation, even!

The videos are typically archived and available for watching at later times via the Megabooth's channel. Hope to see you at the next one!

Darkest Dungeon on Twitter and Facebook

If you like to see work-in-progress images, hear our thoughts about the development of the game, and more, be sure to follow us on twitter @DarkestDungeon and Facebook. But don't worry--any critical information will always be sent out in this newsletter, which we thank you for subscribing to.

Q) Can I still pre-order the game and get rewards?

A) Yes, but only for a limited time. We are still offering the Deluxe ($49) and digital Ultimate ($95) pre-order packages over at DarkestDungeon.com/Buy.

The Deluxe edition includes Early Access, the Stuart Chatwood soundtrack, the PDF art book, and more.  The Ultimate edition includes the ability to personalize a recruitable hero and design an item, in addition to many other rewards.

We plan on closing pre-orders after PAX, so if you haven't done so, order now while you still can!  If you miss pre-orders, you'll still be able to purchase the game once it goes on sale, but without all the extra rewards.

That's it, so anyone who still wants it: they are closing pre-orders after PAX

Alright, there's a date for early access.

On February the 3rd, Darkest Dungeon will be available on Steam Early Access. You can already view it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060

Streamers and vid creators on twitch, youtube and elsewhere can apply for an early copy here: http://www.darkestdungeon.com/torment/

Basically, you get an early copy for uploading exciting gameplay.

Content Creators (Streamers and Channel Hosts) are invited to take part in the Darkest Dungeon WEEK OF TORMENT. Participants get preview access to Darkest Dungeon before the February 3rd Steam release and can also win prizes!

The subreddit, for those not yet aware: http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkestDungeon

The twitter: https://twitter.com/DarkestDungeon

So there you go, it's coming start of next month and I can't wait to get in to it.

It´s out and it is F* AMAZING!!! If there was´t label that says early access, you wouldn't even know it's early access game. Spread the word about this game it deserves it.

Legolas_Katarn likes this

I'm really enjoying it, as well as a lot of people I've seen streaming the game. Likely yet another Kickstarter game that will end up on best games of the year lists.

I haven't been able to do more than 3/4 missions without everything getting wrecked beyond repair. Though I see it's my own choices mostly.

Though I did have 1 instance where I manually fed my tea;(team survive taking care of debris on the road) and literally 5 steps further the game was like: "Your team needs to eat. Oh they can't. They have to starve then." And BAM, 7+dmg for all of them. All on Death's Door, all dead the next fight.

Filed a bug ticket for that one.