• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SnapDragon432

I need help making a decision!

21 posts in this topic

Hello, fellow soldiers! I need some help with making a decision. What might this decision be? It's which console I get, of course. While I fully realize that the AJSA is mainly a PC community, I can't honestly get into PC gaming. I understand why people like it, but I don't really like it (no offense to any of you PC gamers, of course, it's just not my thing). So, I've decided to stick with console gaming. For the past few months, I've been dead set on getting a PS4 (sometime in May, since my birthday is around that time). But, recently, I've been getting extremely excited for Titanfall. To my dismay, it is an Xbox One exclusive. After looking up some other X1 games, I'm really interested in Killer Instinct, as well. But, here's the problem: those are the only two things I like about the X1. The PS4, in my opinion, has a prettier and less overly complicated interface, a better controller, and a much better subscription service (that's a given, PS Plus has always been great). You may think I'm completely stupid for being contested over two games- but in all honesty, Titanfall is one of the coolest looking games I've ever seen. Ever. Killer Instinct looks like it would be really fun to play with any friends that come hang out, as well. So, here is what I'm asking you, Angry Army. What do you think is the better console, and which should I get? At the moment, I'm in the middle, even though the PS4 will probably end up being the one I get (I've heard rumors the titanfall sequel will be cross-platform with PS4). And I promise I am not trying to start a war here- I'm just looking for honest opinions.

I would say Xbox One. I just recently purchased mine, and honestly I have found the kinect voice commands awesome for using the system. I have yet to actually turn on the controller for anything other then when I play a game. 

Granted its perfect for me because of netflix, TV and all that stuff that I actually use. Ryse was also totally epic in my opinion, me and my friend play the co-op arena all the time. 

Also I love that I can dashboard in the middle of a game, watch some star trek for an hour or so, do a bunch of other crap, then say "Xbox, Resume Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag" and boom, I'm right back where I was. No loading, nothing. Just instant switching.

Now I will say, Planetside 2 and Warframe are both excellent reasons to get a PS4. But if your dead set on getting Titanfall for a console (The PC system requirements are insanely low so you wouldn't need a huge rig) then you really wouldn't be making a bad choice with the Xbox One.

SnapDragon432 likes this

I was mainly a playstation user myself, starting from the PS1 days (bless Oddworld).  Imo, I'd hold off on buying now until some more titles are released and reviewed for both platforms, then you can make a decision that you probably won't regret.  Which is why I'm holding on to all my Playstations until I see more games.

But just out of curiosity (not trying to push you to do anything)... what is it about PC gaming that you do not like?

I was mainly a playstation user myself, starting from the PS1 days (bless Oddworld).  Imo, I'd hold off on buying now until some more titles are released and reviewed for both platforms, then you can make a decision that you probably won't regret.  Which is why I'm holding on to all my Playstations until I see more games.

But just out of curiosity (not trying to push you to do anything)... what is it about PC gaming that you do not like?

It could be any number of reasons in his case.

Just to give an example, I am extremely right hand dominant. I've probably got the shittiest left hand functionality on planet earth, which makes keyboard and mouse a bitch to use.

I've been getting extremely excited for Titanfall. To my dismay, it is an Xbox One exclusive.

And 360 .... and PC.

Microsoft exclusive, not Xbox One.

And why would we PC gamers take offence at you not liking it?

Not everyone is cut out to join the elite of the gaming community. Quite a lot of people have to stick with their minion machines. Don't be sad because PC's are far to advanced and sexy for you. We won't hold it against you.

ActionPaz likes this

I don't like PC gaming. It just bugs me. I'm sorry. Gomly, don't be a prick. It's really not funny. and to the others that replied, thank you. The thing is, I'm not as interested in the Kinect or TV functionalities, though I admit they are extremely cool. I keep sliding to PS4 because it's more of a game console than it is a cable box. And there are some damn good looking games on PS4: Infamous Second Son comes to mind. Also, Playstation always has amazing games in the long run; The Last of Us and Uncharted 3 are proof of that.

if the requirements are really that low, (i haven't checked) then just download it on PC from Origin, i find that the most convenient option. its up to you in the end.

Gomly, don't be a prick. It's really not funny. 

He's just making a joke mate, not being a prick. I understand it can be hard on the Internet to know when someone's serious or not, but come on. Gomly was obviously joking.

OR WAS HE? But anyway, back on track: to be honest, I really can't help you on this matter since I switched definitively to PC gaming. Next-gen doesn't attract me that much, except for japanese games on PS4. I'll eventually get it for that purpose, in a year or two.

Huh. I guess what would help you in that choice would be a complete list of games coming to these consoles. Because, you'll have to admit, we mostly buy consoles for their games and exclusivities. (At least, I was like that.)

honestly, it doesnt really matter in the end, most AAA titles come out on both systems, the few exclusives that do count are counted on 1 hand.

Now, just look at the price and the specs of a system and then decide. Besides that its all up to you

if the requirements are really that low, (i haven't checked) then just download it on PC from Origin, i find that the most convenient option. its up to you in the end.

AMD X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz,

4GB of RAM,

512MB of video RAM, 

Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT graphics card

Insane right? It's on the Source engine of all things, so can you say "Optimized!"?

Anywho, If you are not going to make use of the Xbox One's full features, prolly better off getting a PS4. Lots of shooters on there that will keep you busy. Hopefully they will add mechs of some kind to Planetside! Until then just play as a MAX Suit :P

Edit: Odd highlighted text is odd?

I'm sorry. Gomly, don't be a prick. It's really not funny.

Gomly's default setting is always "joking", and we haven't found a way to turn it off yet. But keep it mind. I can't remember the last time I saw him make a serious post, If such a thing exists.

Anyway, like others suggested, If It's just the one game, getting it for PC seems to be the most convenient solution. About the consoles, hardware wise, there will not be a noticeable difference in either graphics, or performance with games. You pay 100$ more for the Xbox, that's for the Kinect, so that's fair. Also, Games with Gold will be coming to the X1 sometime soon i believe, which is 2 free games a month with Xbox Live Gold, so you will definitely also be getting your moneys worth there.

If you still want a console, I look at it like this; The PS4 is just for games, that's what i does best. The X1 can do the same gaming wise, but there's other functions as well + the Kinect. Like Doshka said, If you just want games, and don't care about additional features, just get the PS4,

Gone likes this

I would probably go with neither. Xbox One has a $499 price tag on it and Playstation 4 has a $399 price. They're both pretty expensive and while their exclusives coming out are good they really don't have that many games for them in the meantime. I would wait for a price drop.

But even then I would still get a PS4 over a Xbone any day of the week.

I have a idea, buy a PS4 for me and I'll tell you if i like it or not

Doshka17 likes this

What's more important to you?

A console that you like better or two games you want to play.

buy ps4

a few months down the line your going to see a game on playstation and wish you got that instead

buy ps4

a few months down the line your going to see a game on playstation and wish you got that instead

You know, that argument can be used for any console. Except the Ouya.

I suggest waiting like a few others may have said. Find out which upcoming games really stand out to you then weigh in what's available. Treat it as something you really want, because listening to others may just end up in buyers remorse. At least if you find games that you really want for a console you'll know that you wanted the console.

You already answered it yourself. You tend to like the PS4 more so go for it.

Id say listen to owns both consoles. I have decided with out that kinda help, but I will be definitely would like to hear what owns of both consoles have to say

i would say that the PS4 looks like it will last in the long run.  as we see now the X1 is lagging so far behind and the gen hasn't even kicked off yet.  multi-plats are running at lower rez.  the specs a so disappointing.  and the Es-ram or what ever i have heard is to hard for Devs to code for apparently.  Before i get the hate this is coming form a Xbox fanboy, I have had my 360 for 4 years now and will probably end up getting the X1 anyway because of that (achievements and all).  lol i even have a nokia lumia because of the Xbox sync  B).  it Just looks to me that the PS4 will last longer this generation