• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheMeatMissile

TITANFALL thoughts?

51 posts in this topic

just been watching a few videos on the game.

looks incredibly boring to me

6v6 games so the fps gameplay looks very poor because everyone is in a mech or you just cant find anyone

they make up for this by putting in AI enemies called "grunts", which are incredibly bad! as in don't even shoot back and just stand still on a cap point!

the mech gameplay is nowhere near the standard of other mech games like Hawken and Mech Warrior

(standing face to face with another mech just shooting at each other)

not impressed in the slightest with what i have seen

not that im interested in the game anyways

thoughts??

It's not a game i'll be buying but i've got until the 31st March until I get my early access for ESO so thought i'd see if I could hop on the beta and see what it's about myself. 

I've watched a few gameplay clips and I haven't seen anything that looks great. 

Just looked like a small scale skirmish against AI due to the incredibly small team sizes. People couldn't find members of the opposite team. That's if you can call it AI, they don't do anything. 

All the Titans were doing was hiding round corners and popping out to fire a few shots off.

I want to see if it's better when actually playing it rather than watching, I get bored easily watching other people play games. 

I think you're very misinformed about what kind of game this is supposed to be. You also seem incredibly judgmental about a game none of us have actually played yet.

From what I've seen, and read, It looks to be great fun.

pureimagination, Doshka17 and BSB like this

Im also not impressed OP. Might be fun to me, might not, either way, im not running to the store to get my copy.

I think you're very misinformed about what kind of game this is supposed to be. You also seem incredibly judgmental about a game none of us have actually played yet.

Too bad its not in open beta.stage so we can actually talk about what it plays like instead of forming opinions after watching videos.

Too bad its not in open beta.stage so we can actually talk about what it plays like instead of forming opinions after watching videos.

Very true. Still, I hear whispers about a Beta sign up, so hopefully It won't be long until some of us can get a good first hand experience.

It's not a game i'll be buying but i've got until the 31st March until I get my early access for ESO so thought i'd see if I could hop on the beta and see what it's about myself. 

I've watched a few gameplay clips and I haven't seen anything that looks great. 

Just looked like a small scale skirmish against AI due to the incredibly small team sizes. People couldn't find members of the opposite team. That's if you can call it AI, they don't do anything. 

All the Titans were doing was hiding round corners and popping out to fire a few shots off.

I want to see if it's better when actually playing it rather than watching, I get bored easily watching other people play games. 

my thoughts exactly adding on to that

imo it looks incredibly dumbed-down to appeal directly to younger gamers

you just reminded me to pre order ESO, nice one!

CaptainKickass69 likes this

Anyone who signed up for the Beta, are you supposed to get a confirmation email after you signed up, just to make sure that EA and Respawn got your beta application?

fair points, can only go on what i have seen though as i wont be playing it

I think this looks like a ton of fun:

I like the idea of being able to fight the Titans on foot, the mix of infantry/mech combat, the card system and such. Overall It seems like a damn fine game.

Usually I don't like the idea of smaller games like this, I'm a Battlefield fan, not CoD, but the developers have stated that they tried doing builds with 32v32, and 12v12 etc, but 6v6 worked best, and so they optimized the game for it. So while It's not grand battles, I think It's going to be quite intense.

from what i know and have seen of the game is that it is nothing but another CoD but with mechs, sure a few 12 year olds may like it but to me it seems like a game with no tactics and just running around a map racking up kills tell you get a titan.

with only mutiplayer and no campaign to give a few more hours it is a game id never pay $60 for, (i may get it when its older and cheaper, but to me it is nothing special at all.)

5.5 out of 10 in hype and speculation to me

from what i know and have seen of the game is that it is nothing but another CoD but with mechs, sure a few 12 year olds may like it but to me it seems like a game with no tactics and just running around a map racking up kills tell you get a titan.

with only mutiplayer and no campaign to give a few more hours it is a game id never pay $60 for, (i may get it when its older and cheaper, but to me it is nothing special at all.)

I do believe the campaign is just fused with the multiplayer. So there's a story, just not a single player one.

I like the idea of being able to fight the Titans on foot, the mix of infantry/mech combat, the card system and such. Overall It seems like a damn fine game.

Usually I don't like the idea of smaller games like this, I'm a Battlefield fan, not CoD, but the developers have stated that they tried doing builds with 32v32, and 12v12 etc, but 6v6 worked best, and so they optimized the game for it. So while It's not grand battles, I think It's going to be quite intense.

Like I said, i've put myself in for the PC beta so I can see what it likes for myself.

I don't like watching others play games I get bored if i'm not playing them myself. That's why I don't watch gameplay vids or lets plays. 

That may be why I haven't enjoyed what i've seen of the gameplay in Titanfall. It didn't grab me and I ended up listening to Lonely Island while I was watching it.

I detest small scale skirmishes. That is the main reason I can't get into CoD. Running around tiny maps bores the ever living shit out of me. I can only do large PvP in MMO's. The only PvP I enjoy is GW2 (and that has nothing on DAoC) and Planetside 2. I love massive cluster fuck fights.

I do believe the campaign is just fused with the multiplayer. So there's a story, just not a single player one.

still not a game im wasting $60 on, im most likely going to get it when its cheaper or on sale on orgion or Xbox (both of which are unfair with that stuff) so some day i may pick it up over another CoD like game to play when uncomprehendingly bored and need something simplistic and easy to play.

I think this looks like a ton of fun:

Right now, LTS is a mode i wont be playing much if i do decide to buy this game. from what i saw in a different video, i just didn't seem to like it. i see myself mostly playing different standard or hardcore modes. maybe I'll feel different about this mode when playing.

CaptainKickass69 likes this

Brink did the same thing, and look how that went out.

Not touching it, it's been tainted by EA.

My biggest problem with what I've seen so far is the AI. The AI needs to be amped up because right now they seem to act dumber then a sack of bricks. Even if you get less points for killing them it doesn't excuse how dumb they are, they are just cannon fodder and easy pickings.

I thought it was lame when I first heard about it. I thought it was lame when I heard more about it. I still think it's lame after seeing the recent wave of videos on it. I doubt any future news will change my mind on it.

I have to say my hype for this one has dropped dramatically since the reveal, even more so with the actual gameplay videos out. Not sure if it's as stale as CoD but I don't see myself enjoying the gimmick of parkour/mechs for very long. If anything this is looking more like a rent or borrow from a friend.

I won't be buying it because it's EA.

Right now it seems like you can get bored of the game really fast with that few modes around.

I feel like what will make or break his game is how compelling the story is.

Right now I'd say this game was overhyped for what it would be.

Being a PS4 owner and not owning a PC or Xbone or Xbox 360, I could care less about Titanfall.

The only multiplayer I like to play regularly is Call of Duty, which from what I've seen of TF it looks identical (gun play wise).

I'm a single player guy in a multiplayer world, which is why I suck at almost every MP mode.

But what grinds my gears about TF is the Xboner fanboys that are bragging about it being "their exclusive", it's not, there is something called the

PC

But what grinds my gears about TF is the Xboner fanboys that are bragging about it being "their exclusive", it's not, there is something called the

PC

Now you are delving into territory too advanced for their tiny minds.

Talking about PC's with an Xbox user is like talking about magic with a muggle.

Far too mystical for them to handle.

Now you are delving into territory too advanced for their tiny minds.

Talking about PC's with an Xbox user is like talking about magic with a muggle.

Far too mystical for them to handle.

Most of the Xbox's exclusives tend to make their way to PC (Alan Wake), so I have no interest in an XB1. Besides, my PC is more powerful than both the PS4 and the XB1.

Gone too likes this

Well as an arrogant pc master race person, I hate this game and pretty much every video game. If it doesn't have 64 player battles like battlefield it's obviously worthless trash. 6 vs 6 battles with bots? I'm not picking this up. I mean it's not the game mechanics and maps are built around that or anything.