• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

LoreMaster

Tabletop RPGs

1,593 posts in this topic

I guess it worth sharing but I am currently working on three campaigns for when I go back to school this fall.

I've recently been appointed the RPG tabletop head for my university's gaming club. I think because I have the most dice or something.

Anyway as such I've been spending what little free time I've had this summer preparing character sheets, drawing maps, writing lore and all that none-sense. The three systems I'll be using are Pathfinder, World of Darkness (new) and Dungeons and Dragons. The pathfinder campaign will be driven by characters utilizing their skills and roleplaying to drive the narrative forward and the World of Darkness game will of course as the system is, revolve around character interaction. The last will be a simple dungeons and dragons game with heavy focus on combat. Nothing too special just players rolling relatively fresh characters to fight difficult, punishing boss battles each week and / or roll characters for PvP battles.

If you're wondering why this is happening I think I mentioned earlier in this very thread I have been afflicted the curse of the DM, which isn't a bad curse but it is too powerful for any remove curse spell to remove it.

Well if we can generate enough interest I'm ready to GM.

The last will be a simple dungeons and dragons game with heavy focus on combat. Nothing too special just players rolling relatively fresh characters to fight difficult, punishing boss battles each week

Might want to try out the game Dungeon Crawl Classics for that.

College is a bitch in terms of free time; I'll see when I can bring up a session or two.

College is a bitch in terms of free time; I'll see when I can bring up a session or two.

yea it is

yea it is

Yep, in my last year though. Then I will be moved from student with debt to unemployed and in debt. HOORAY!!

Yep, in my last year though. Then I will be moved from student with debt to unemployed and in debt. HOORAY!!

its so much fun.

Has anyone tried D&D 5th Edition?

Has anyone tried D&D 5th Edition?

tried to several times but never got the chance

Seen it played by two groups but I don't have much of an interest in it. With all the great games out there I didn't see much of a reason to test an unfinished one

Time to get my RP shoes on again. When are you guys free?

I may be a little late to this discussion but I do GM tabletop games. I have opinions on the subject of D&D though. Ones which if spoken may result in some toxic vitrol thrown my way.

That said, I GM everything that is not a D20 system. I try to avoid them.

I may be a little late to this discussion but I do GM tabletop games. I have opinions on the subject of D&D though. Ones which if spoken may result in some toxic vitrol thrown my way.

That said, I GM everything that is not a D20 system. I try to avoid them.

Any particular reason why you don't do d20 systems? 

Time to get my RP shoes on again. When are you guys free?

my schedule may be a lot better soon.