• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

48 posts in this topic

I decided to make a Fallout 4 wishlist video since Fallout 3 and New Vegas are both 2 of my favourite games. None of my ideas and suggestions are too specific or far-out so I can imagine that Bethesda (or whoever actually ends up making the game) including many of these features.

http://youtu.be/V5je-MER0kU

I cant wait for an actual announcement of Fallout 4 but until then it will be fun to discuss what we want to see.

nickyzhere likes this

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would really like to see the companion system get a few tweaks. Namely the ability to level up your companions along with you, giving them points in their SPECIAL and Attributes like Small and  Big guns and Energy weapons and the like. Also it'd be pretty cool if you and you're companions could be assigned different classes and get class specific bonuses like Tanks take extra damage and Soldiers can carry more items, etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would really like to see the companion system get a few tweaks. Namely the ability to level up your companions along with you, giving them points in their SPECIAL and Attributes like Small and  Big guns and Energy weapons and the like. Also it'd be pretty cool if you and you're companions could be assigned different classes and get class specific bonuses like Tanks take extra damage and Soldiers can carry more items, etc.

Thats a great idea. It would probably be a traumatic experience when your companion dies though haha (Which is a good thing)

do something more with the crafting system IDK i never found it useful of helpful.  Also maybe a bigger map along with some sort of vehicle or horse gameplay.  a weather system would be nice. a dynamic mission system.  so missions will play out differently depending on how u have played up till that point, give the game more replay value.

Gingerboy97 and IrishRogue like this

do something more with the crafting system IDK i never found it useful of helpful.  Also maybe a bigger map along with some sort of vehicle or horse gameplay.  a weather system would be nice. a dynamic mission system.  so missions will play out differently depending on how u have played up till that point, give the game more replay value.

i mean be different missions entirely.  would really make me want to play the game more that like 3 times

i mean be different missions entirely.  would really make me want to play the game more that like 3 times

Thats one of the main things I want, for quests to play out differently depending on how you decide to deal with the problem. Hopefully its not like Skyrim where there is only one way to complete a quest which defeats the purpose of it being a "choose your own adventure" game.

i want it to be the same as ever, just bigger, better and more badass

would also like it aimed at role playing

seen rumors that the main character might be voice acted which would completely ruin all immersion and role playing for me

I have played only New Vegas and not much of it (I got addicted to Civ V in the time so no time fo Fallout), but from what I saw I made wishlist on my own.

Graphics: I would love to see really good graphics, Metro:LL something like that. It would look awesome ! 
RPG elements: I don't know about previous Fallout games, but I'd love to see something like Skyrim has Hearhfire, be able to have home and build it. Maybe put some Fallout-ish elemtns to it, but it would be great. 
Gameplay: I honestly dislike the "Choose part where to shot" it makes the game less fun, FOR ME. I want to shoot stuff without this annoying whatever thingy. 

I have played only New Vegas and not much of it (I got addicted to Civ V in the time so no time fo Fallout), but from what I saw I made wishlist on my own.

Graphics: I would love to see really good graphics, Metro:LL something like that. It would look awesome ! 

RPG elements: I don't know about previous Fallout games, but I'd love to see something like Skyrim has Hearhfire, be able to have home and build it. Maybe put some Fallout-ish elemtns to it, but it would be great. 

Gameplay: I honestly dislike the "Choose part where to shot" it makes the game less fun, FOR ME. I want to shoot stuff without this annoying whatever thingy. 

Sadly Fallout has never had a good selection of houses, even in New Vegas, so your right that Bethesda should probably just give us the tools to make our own places haha.

I dont think they will ever get rid of the VATS system but with improved gun mechanics it wont be nessesary like in previous games (hopefully).

It will never happen, but I'd like to see co-op :l

VATS was around since the original Fallout so it's kind of an iconic mechanic. You can play without it but the manual gunplay is really lacking in feel so I would say improve that.

For me, I, too, would like to see Co-op. Something they could do is spawn you in to another person's session but from the location you last left off, forcing you to transverse the map to get to your partner. Or something like that. I can see some problems with a co-op system though; VATS would become inaccessible due to how it's mechanic works related to in game time and fast travel would be restricted depending on the distance you are from your partner (unless you just poof to the location but the in game time factor comes into account again). It would almost be like Borderland's Multiplayer system.

VATS was around since the original Fallout so it's kind of an iconic mechanic. You can play without it but the manual gunplay is really lacking in feel so I would say improve that.

For me, I, too, would like to see Co-op. Something they could do is spawn you in to another person's session but from the location you last left off, forcing you to transverse the map to get to your partner. Or something like that. I can see some problems with a co-op system though; VATS would become accessable due to how it's mechanic works related to in game time and fast travel would be restricted depending on the distance you are from your partner (unless you just poof to the location but the in game time factor comes into account again). It would almost be like Borderland's Multiplayer system.

There could be a lot of work-arounds. I doubt VATS would be an option during co-op just like there usually isn't a pause option in them. If there was a VATS system, they'd have to make it where both players go into VATS at the same time if withing a certain area as you have stated. As for Fast Traveling, I'd guess that if there was Fast Traveling, one player would have to either wait (stand still during the hours lost) or have the option to travel as well.

You know what i want, a map sooooooo dame big that it be absurd not to have vehicles. I'm talking just cause 2 big

but that will never come to be

Gone likes this

co-op is really hard to get right in an RPG though.  having a second protagonist may just feel tacked on and story elements may have to be changed to accommodate the extra player.  Unless ur Co-op partner plays as your current follower if you have one?  Also how do u stop the second player from running around and killing the mission bearing characters lol. i don't really like the idea of having Co-op in a single player story unless the game is designed around that from the start

I would love to see vehicles ti would make the game so much better! :)

A couple of improvements that would make this series better:

Smoother controls (faster and more fluid combat)

Smoother guns (a better feel to them would be nice)

less grey rock, dead tree, charred skelleton, more interesting environments

Clever AI, clever companions

more survival based

more roleplay elements

continue playing after main story

more tech (more vertibirds and stuff)

verhicles

commanding troops of your faction (combat OPS)

damage to environments

online/lan co-op

more bosses

more unique gear

NPC's react to reputation (thugs (like freeside thugs) won't attack you and they run away)

There could be a lot of work-arounds. I doubt VATS would be an option during co-op just like there usually isn't a pause option in them. If there was a VATS system, they'd have to make it where both players go into VATS at the same time if withing a certain area as you have stated. As for Fast Traveling, I'd guess that if there was Fast Traveling, one player would have to either wait (stand still during the hours lost) or have the option to travel as well.

I actually meant to say INaccessible but because autocorrect exists... :/

Better gunplay and more of a focus on survival would serve this game well.

Vehicles and improved crafting would be a nice bonus.

Also, it is imperative Bethesda hires some actual writers this time around. They made hundreds of millions with Skyrim; I'm sure they could spend the sort of money such a venture would entail without blinking. Maybe they could get Obsidian to write it, but then again, there's a low chance of that ever happening. Bethesda would get too proud to admit the writing in Fallout 3 is the worst in the franchise (barring Brotherhood of Steel).

You know what i want, a map sooooooo dame big that it be absurd not to have vehicles. I'm talking just cause 2 big

but that will never come to be

I'd love this.

Get some Mad Max style vehicles going on. Somewhere in the wasteland there has to be working vehicles. People manage to fix complex robots and machines that make Super Mutants yet no one can change the oil in a car?

I just want a huge map with things going on. Fallout 3, for me, did it okay with enough things going on to see as I explored. New Vegas had far too much open land with sod all in it. Great for mods but the base game was far too bland.

I also want a story that doesn't fizzle out half way through.

Myself and a few other people suffered from Benny Syndrome. As soon as we found Benny and finished that part we lost interest. The rest of the story was shite.

There are three things that I want for Fallout 4, here they are;

1. Huge Map - I don't really care where Bethesda will set the game up but I would totally like to have a huge map filled with great content that's sure to be a thrill to explore, and not only that, the main reason I want a huge map for Fallout 4 is the feature to have Vehicles in the game. Who doesn't like navigating the wastes with a hard worked motorcycle right? I'm very sure Fallout 4's environment is somehow now good looking than before so it will not be a bore to ride the roads of the wasteland.

2. Immersive Combat - Combat like in the other triple A third person shooters please? A cover mechanic can be awesome too! Plus include the feature of having realistic companion AI so you can set up combat tactics well with them against challenging raiders. All in all a good combat experience is what I'm looking forward to also with Fallout 4. Because I just love killing em' Raiders!

and finally;

3. A very compelling story - Branching storylines, choose how your story in the wastes play out until the last few seconds of the game, like say... Be the savior of the wastes, or even be a feared outlaw that raid the wastes, backing up with a Main Quest that will sure rock your socks off with good ole' Fallout storytelling. I play Fallout for it's other stuff, you know. Immersing myself within the Capital Wasteland was a joy for me, roleplaying with various people and trying to be the good shot of the wastes. I want that experience to be broaden up as Fallout 4 get's closer to life. And many more story snippets that I'm very sure Bethesda will bring upon as this gets closer and closer. 

Maybe that's my personal taste though, I think what makes a good RPG is good combat and memorable characters that you will cherish for a long amount of time.

I'm not sure I quite agree with you there about the bugs issue. GTA V had several bugs from what I had heard. I want to say that Angry Joe even did a video about this. In my experience, I never really came across too many bugs in Skyrim. There were a few that broke some quests, but for the most part I had a rather bug-free game at release. I guess that's the only one I can speak for though since it was the only Bethesda game that I bought at release.

In terms of the Fallout 4 Wishlist, I pretty much agreed with the rest of what you had to say. Something more streamlined for gunplay mechanics would be good. At the very least, let's get a grenade key in there, a sprint, and maybe a melee attack with a gun would be nice. NPCs need to be better in all Bethesda games really. They usually feel pretty paper-thin unless you're really trying to delve into the lore. Companions that are meaningful would be cool. The landscapes and environments of a Beth game are gorgeous, but more lifelike NPCs in terms of character and AI is where I think Beth games need to head in.

Also, yes to factions. I loved what they did with that in New Vegas and would like to see it again in Fallout 4, if not even more fleshed out. What the hell happened with Skyrim and that? Would have made so much sense. I wish Skyrim had incorporated locational damage too just since it was in the Fallout games. I suppose the kill cams have dismemberment/decapitation, but it would have been better if the aiming actually had a play with that, but I digress.

In my experience, I never really came across too many bugs in Skyrim.

That's a bit weird. I can still glitch out of most of the walled cities. I remember that there were infinite loot spawns and speech paths at launch.

Also, I think jumping up and down in a forge still levels up your destruction and you can wear both a Falmer helmet and circlet. 

I'd like a return of hardcore mode and faction infamy like in new vegas instead of the karma system from 3

jhwisner likes this

step no. 1 fix the fuckers that spawn under the map (or kinda sunk into the ground too)

It would be noice if it was possible to finish every quest in the game. Every Bethesda game seems to have this glitch that prevents you from turning in a quest or stops you from dropping a quest item that you no longer need. Just accept it you stupid NPC!!!! I finished the damn quest!!!! WHERES MY MONEY!?!?!