• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Gronth

Breivik wants PS3. Also want to start hunger-strike

40 posts in this topic

Yea, you've read the title correctly. Anders Breivik, man who shot 77 people few years ago claims, that he want his PS2 replaced with PS3, and a possibility to choose the games on his own. He also claimed that none of his previous claims was given (for example better coffe), and due to situation where "he is being treaten like an animal" he wil start a hunger-strike, if he dont get his PS3.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2559528/Mass-murderer-Anders-Breivik-vows-hunger-strike-wants-PlayStation-2-upgraded-PlayStation-3-prison-cell.html

For you that dont know, he will be imprisoned for 21 years total.

WHAT

THE FUCK

People are assholes, and I'd say this guy is quite a bit more than an asshole, if what you're saying is true. I say, let him starve. Considering how spoiled he seems to be, I doubt he's going to go through with it anyway.

Also, is it just me, or does 21 years seem to be a bit on the short side, considering what he did?

cmg666 likes this

Its because Norwegian law system is a "bit" f***ed up. To be honest, in my country he wouldnt even live to the first court session, because antiterrorists would shot him on sight, no matter if he'd throw down his gun or not. It may be brutal and not "right" according to law, but it would be very right according to situation. Eastern spec-ops (police and military) are not fucking around in such situations. Last time when armed guy took hostage in Poland and hid out in some house, he was shot without any further negotiations. Also, if somehow Breivik would manage to reach the verdict here, he'd be held for life, in 1.5x2m cell. No guests, no outside world, no god damn TV and PS.

He didnt smuggle it. They gave it to him. Aswell a laptop (dunno if it has an internet connection), TV with cable television, as i heard also he can rent books from library, and he has a treadmill in his cell...

Oh, and he is being given pocket money. 50$ per week. 

Because Norway, thats why.

You know, having done some looking into the guy, I have to say this is rather in-character. This is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect a delusional, self-aggrandizing sociopath to do when caged up; throw a fit over some trivial thing and make threats in such a way that it's likely he'll get what he wants, just so he can think he's the one in a position of power.

While I'm actually rather impressed by the methods employed by the Norwegian system (namely how well it's actually done it's job of rehabilitating criminals), this is a case where even I'm a little disappointed by their naivete. There are just some people who can't be rehabilitated, who don't want to be rehabilitated, and this guy definitely seems to be one of them.

Berserker likes this

My goodness this dude freaking KILLED PEOPLE! I'm against the death sentence but DAMN 21 years? Playstation 3's? I do my damn homework gimme a PS4!!

how did he even get a console in jail?

Jails in the UK give inmates consoles and PC's. 

Depending on the crime depends whether you get internet access or not though.

Jail is a holiday camp in the UK.

Let the twat starve himself, shooting 77 people is inexcusable and you know better than to pander to his demands, Norway.

He didnt smuggle it. They gave it to him. Aswell a laptop (dunno if it has an internet connection), TV with cable television, as i heard also he can rent books from library, and he has a treadmill in his cell...

Oh, and he is being given pocket money. 50$ per week. 

Because Norway, thats why.

DAME, I need to commit some crimes in Norway

Also they should give him the ps3 but with a broken disk tray

Norways prison system is quite remarkable, as they genuinely invest in trying to rehabilitate criminals. Some prisons offer workshops, music studios and such. Breivik was given the highest sentence possible, which is 21 years i believe, but the government can keep him as long as they see fit, which is forever.

But like Ubernoob said, It's very naive.

Personally, I think Breivik should just be drowned in the sea, and/or mauled by polar bears.

R-A-B likes this

In America we he would have been sent to death. Nevermind be able to play a PS2 and whine and starve until he gets a PS3.

In America we he would have been sent to death. Nevermind be able to play a PS2 and whine and starve until he gets a PS3.

We don't have the death penalty in Europe.

As a citizen of Norway I have questionned  our prison system for as long as I can remember and I understand that rules are rules, but I with most of my friends and family would have liked an exception to have gotten him executed or at the very least sentenced for life and isolated from society so we don't have to see him ever again and get reminded of how our loved ones went away.

This feels like just stomping on the memories of the ones he killed and mocking their close ones, and I rather have him starve himself to death. Come on prision system, he killed 77 people, he should not be making demands about anything.

I'm not sure why there is an instant comparison to what happens in UK jails considering he is not incarcerated in the UK. Granted there is an element of leniency that causes confusion in correspondence with jail time. Usually these amenities are reserved for low level offenders, kind of a 'serve your time, better yourself, become a productive civilian again'. I have no idea why someone like Andrew Brevik gets these amenities but I can guess that a legal argument could be made that prisoner is a prisoner and if a low level offender has access why can't he?

As for his hunger strike, fuck him. I've never liked hunger strikes and dirty protests even in the most moral of causes as it is deliberately reducing your own state of living well below human rights then subsequently putting the blame for your conditions on your jailers. Unless your found legal insane (Which in Breviks case he wasn't) then he can be assumed to be fully under control of his own actions and the repercussions. Keep providing him nutritious food 3 times a day and if he doesn't eat it, fuck him.

This is why death-sentence should never have been forbidden. Damn inmates live off our money without any contributions to society. I say kill 'em all! I don't give a shit! If you were dumb enough to get sentenced to jail, you might as well just go die somewhere. That being said, I don't mean to apply it to every single prisoner in the world. For smaller crimes, like thievery, just cut the fingers off or castrate pedophiles. Stuff like that.

Derle Merle likes this

Should be treated like an animal with electric prods for the rest of his life...

We do, in Belarus and Russia

I was sure Russia had put capital punishment on the back burner. Last execution I remember hearing about was 1996.

Seems you are right though and I stand corrected.

Norwegian people HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...................................

This is why death-sentence should never have been forbidden. Damn inmates live off our money without any contributions to society. I say kill 'em all! I don't give a shit! If you were dumb enough to get sentenced to jail, you might as well just go die somewhere. That being said, I don't mean to apply it to every single prisoner in the world. For smaller crimes, like thievery, just cut the fingers off or castrate pedophiles. Stuff like that.

Damn right, i hate the fact that Denmark doesnt have death penalty.