• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

nickyzhere

Was anyone else left angry by Dragon Age 2?

25 posts in this topic

So I finished Dragon Age Origins for the first time a few days ago. I thought it was a really great game, it had it's flaws sure but considering it was an older game I had no problem with the few flaws it did have. So I put in Dragon Age 2, and I immediately hated it! First off I hated the combat. I mean, the combat in Origins could have been revamped sure, but not like this! I can see how some people would like it, but personally it wasn't for me. Next, when I uploaded my save it didn't feel like any of my choices mattered. This is probably totally me because I didn't get to far into the game, so feel free to say if the choices I made in the previous game actually mattered. I don't think I even have to mention the lack of customization because I'm sure that it's a give-in. But I still hate it. I'm sure I could list a few more, (why isn't the inventory in the radical menu?) but I feel like I should let others give a rebuttal. Please feel free to counter anything I just listed.

rossdj4 and susanarb11 like this

I hate to put it this way, but it's a dead horse beaten upon one too many times. I find there's two camps. Those who loved the Origins system.  (Me for the most part) Those who loved the DA2 one. (There are some things DA2 did I liked. Giving the main character a voice is one of them.) It sounds like DAI may please both camps. I trust Bioware to learn from waht worked and what didn't.

I had more issues with the reused sets and a few other things than the combat system. The choices I think Bioware has overplayed. "Your choices matter" isn't a lie. It's just they can only handle so many choices and have them reflect in so many ways. DAO to DA2 had over 500 or so flags from what I read. That's insane. I'm not surprised DA2 wasn't majorly affected by them. Then again, Kirkwall was a good ways away from the DAO events, right? Still, it would have been nice to feel a greater impact.

DA2 didn't leave me angry. It left me underwhelmed when you compare it to the transition from ME to ME2. The grey warden themed DLC I did like. I found that really interesting. It left me curious to see what they were thinking of for an expansion. It might have turned out to the DAO in this DAO & DAO:A

The story was weak, I liked the combat though. I never felt like I was important to the world, which was a huge cry from DA:O.

By itself, it was a pretty decent game.

Compared to Dragon Age: Origins it was shit.

susanarb11 likes this

Not really hated but disappointed in some ways, like the fact that places are reused. The choices thing I don't really find to much of a problem because you are in another lands and the Warden's choices effect mostly Ferelden though there will be mention of your choices in the game but they don't have big effects to the game. The gameplay though I do find that they made it to much button mash, it was a refreshment over the slow pace of DA:O, from what I've seen of DA:I thought it does appear they are learning from mistakes and adding in the tactical with the more quick pace to please both side of the spectrum. The conversation wheel I feel should go, just doesn't work with DA series and I prefer DA:O's selection system. The story was decent I guess though it seems to be nothing more then a stepping stone for the true sequel which appears to be DA:I. Only having one race choice was a bad idea to which is why I'm glad that with DA:I is bringing back race choices, especcially the qunari which opens up an interesting character I have in mind.

All in all I do find DA2 a down grade from DA:O but DA:I seems to be showing that there is still hope for Bioware to learn from their mistakes.

This has been flogged more times than an addict of Whiplash Wendy's BDSM dungeon of joy.

But anyway....

Weak story, weak characters, re-used assets, copy paste enemies, shit armour, weak companion customisation, weak customisation full stop, god awful voice acting and did I mention the worst fucking story i've read since that fan fic about Optimus Prime screwing Bridget the Midget.

Dragon Age II is a strange case. It has so many flaws. Flaws and changes that would normally be a death sentence for a game. And yet... there's just something about the game that attracts me to it. Something I can't quite place. It just has its own unique charm.

For myself, Dragon Age 2 was not the sequel to Dragon Age Origins...

It felt more like a game that was trying to cash-in on the hype surrounding the success of Origins, rather than a true sequel.

I never hated it (I can never hate a game I can mod), only disappointed. For the most part I enjoyed both the combat (especially for mages) and the story, but absolutely abhorred the linear aspect of the game, and the reused environments. DA2 was a difficult game to mod but moddable none the less and that also contributes to my not total hatred of the game. However it was by far the worst game Bioware has put out in a long time (not to mention ME3); Inquisition is their chance to regain my trust in them.

I thought they were both ok, each did different things better than the other. Of course I played Baldurs Gate, Planescape, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, etc so I didn't enjoy the first anywhere near as much as most people did.

I was left 100% disapointed with Dragon Age 2 after enjoying and beating Origins a couple of of times

I don't think I've ever had to revisit the same cave every damn time as much as in Dragon Age 2.

If Inquisition will be just like DA2, I will delete every single game on Gomly's PC.

rossdj4 likes this

If Inquisition will be just like DA2, I will delete every single game on Gomly's PC.

DO IT!!

Don't even wait for Inquisition!

:D

And I'll promise to attend your funeral.

I was recovering from surgery when i played DA2. They sliced my butt open, DA2 was worst.

DA2 was a big dissapointment. Story wise, character wise and location wise. Only thing I liked about it was the combat system, and the opinion on that is devided. Didn't even bother to try the DLC, even though I'm a big fan of Felicia Day. Just couldn't bring myself to play more of it. Heck, I only finished it with 1 char.

Really hope they listen to all the feedback and do a great job on Inquisition.

I used to like you.

Meh to be honest after the initial anger about it, I kinda like it. Yeah its flawed as hell, but I played through it multiple times so at least I got my moneys worth 

I used to like you.

And I used to like Dragon Age. Then Dragon Age 2 happened!!!

But since we're friends, I will just delete every game on Ubernoob's PC. That'll show him!!!

Eh, I was disappointed, but not angry. It was bad coming off of Origins, but it's OK taken on it's own.

But since we're friends, I will just delete every game on Ubernoob's PC. That'll show him!!!

Go ahead. Know what happened to the last guy who tried?

I tied him to a chair and made him watch Garzey's Wing. I won't be nearly so merciful with my choice of torture material this time.

Corporate Agent likes this

The best part of the game was the ending.

(Me as a Mage)

Orsino: We will all die!!! WE HAVE NO CHANCE!!!

Me: Uhm...Orsino...You know that...we are winning? We can just hold those templars of so that the rest of the mages can flee...

Orsino: IF THEY WANT BLOOD MAGIC, THEY CAN HAVE IT!!!!

(Orsino transforms)

Me: WTF Orsino. And why are you attacking us? YOU IDIOT!!!

Go ahead. Know what happened to the last guy who tried?

I tied him to a chair and made him watch Garzey's Wing. I won't be nearly so merciful with my choice of torture material this time.

Guess somebody wants to endure SAO and Attack on Titan again.

The best part of the game was the ending.

(Me as a Mage)

Orsino: We will all die!!! WE HAVE NO CHANCE!!!

Me: Uhm...Orsino...You know that...we are winning? We can just hold those templars of so that the rest of the mages can flee...

Orsino: IF THEY WANT BLOOD MAGIC, THEY CAN HAVE IT!!!!

(Orsino transforms)

Me: WTF Orsino. And why are you attacking us? YOU IDIOT!!!

The funny part was that I was using blood magic during the fight. So when he said the "If they want it they can have it" line, my reaction was "The hell have I been doing the past five minutes, then, baking them cookies?"

Guess somebody wants to endure SAO and Attack on Titan again.

Puh-lease. I will gladly take an SAO or an Attack on Titan over some of the most god-awful OVAs I've seen over the years. If those are the best you can do, then I suggest you bring it, son, because I will take the worst you've got and walk away laughing.

Lame story, terrible combat, tons of recycling, poor dungeon/encounter design, garbage loot, crap customization, that's all I remember about the game. 

I dunno that depends, does being viewed as a tri-sexual prostitute by every NPC in the game anger you? And not only that, the only prostitute in existence because just about every single person I meet wants to f*** me. Why can't they understand I just want some damn potions and leave me alone xD

nickyzhere likes this

I dunno that depends, does being viewed as a tri-sexual prostitute by every NPC in the game anger you? And not only that, the only prostitute in existence because just about every single person I meet wants to f*** me. Why can't they understand I just want some damn potions and leave me alone xD

I will love you forever because of this.

Liked it pretty much, it broke the "SAVE THE WORLD" thing and went for a more city involved storyline which I thought was pretty interesting and different, there aren't many RPG games that go into city politics and try to involve you in it it's usually about some grand catastrophe that you have to avoid or some grand scheme that involves the character somehow. Didn't like some things like the changes to the qunari or the inferior dialogue wheel system but the combat was pretty fine. It deviated from the Baldur's Gate formula but it was still fun.

Overall I say the game is about a 7 which is around what Angry Joe gave it in fact. It's not even a fourth as bad as people say it is and I'm going to play the third for sure.

PS - the stuff people complain about everyone wanting to have sex with Hawke, it didn't really show up in my game. Anders made a pass once I refused and it never happened again, the same happened with Zevran and I don't at all see the problem but maybe I just didn't go that deep into those conversations I don't even remember "romancing" any npc in DA2.

Locked for being revived and spammed