• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sol Omega

Should Angry Joe watch Sword Art Online? New Poll Option!!!!

Should Joe watch Sword Art Online?   60 members have voted

1. 1. Well... Should he?

• YES!
    • Nah.
    • He's better off watching Accel World/Log Horizon/Dot.Hack
    • FUCK ALL THIS NOISE! HE SHOULD BURN HIS EYE BALLS OUT WITH KILL LA KILL!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

So this idea came about while chatting with a fellow forumer about random shenanigans. Some how, we got onto the subject of Sword Art. And then this same forumer had the brilliant thought of (paraphrasing) "What would be Joe's reaction to this? It's a video game themed anime that has mixed reception of love and hate. Wonder what his $0.02 would be..."

And then he asked me to make a poll, as a way of petition, so we could eventually see that dream come into fruition. Might as well. Season 2 is around the corner.

If we do succeed in making Joe watch it, he should make a "Thoughts so far" video about every 3 or 5 episodes discussing his opinion of it... so far, and other things; like the gaming lingo and terminology, or how the games work and what plot holes they punch into it. And eventually make a joke review of Sword Art Online and Alfheim Online as if they were real video games.

And if he could, live stream his reactions on every episode.

With that said, if he shoots it down, we'll understand. To go from video game news and reviews and then to anime? Doin' too much.

And to top it off, anime obviously has its stigmas. Wouldn't want to harm Joe's image.

We can settle with him making only 1 video of his opinion of the series, or just a thread of him posting his impression and using gifs. to show his reactions if a video or live stream is too much.

Please, no spoilers.

Except this one:

anime-nerd-dad.jpg

I'd like him to watch Kill La Kill.

But I'm just doing Sword Art because it's popular (be it good or bad), it's fresh, and I really just want to see Joe's reaction to it. And it's about video games.

I think he might enjoy it. At least it would give him a perspective on online gaming that he may not have.

Next he'll be reviewing tv series and albums. Idk, Joe's all about the movies and games, but hey if he likes it and wants to review it then what can I say. At any rate though, I think it's weird to request Joe to review certain games, let alone a different genre of entertainment.

Topic says should Joe watch it, no where does it say anything about reviewing it or even talking about it. 

Topic says should Joe watch it, no where does it say anything about reviewing it or even talking about it. 

If we do succeed in making Joe watch it, he should make a "Thoughts so far" video about every 3 or 5 episodes discussing his opinion of it... so far, and other things

Hmm. OP's fault then for misleading me

Then I think you should actually read the topic rather than just the title.

Sol does indeed say Joe should review it ... and vlog about ... and write about it ... and stream about it.

Here you go, i'll save you the effort of reading a whole 3 paragraphs to find it.

If we do succeed in making Joe watch it, he should make a "Thoughts so far" video about every 3 or 5 episodes discussing his opinion of it... so far, and other things; like the gaming lingo and terminology, or how the games work and what plot holes they punch into it. And eventually make a joke review of Sword Art Online and Alfheim Online as if they were real video games.

The problem is Sol, while the folk that watch Joe's stuff are generally all gamers .... not everyone is a fan of Anime.

Personally, I don't like it at all so I would find it a lot of wasted effort on Joe's part making vlogs or streams about something I have zero interest in.

So for me, it would have to be a no.

Then I think you should actually read the topic rather than just the title.

Sol does indeed say Joe should review it ... and vlog about ... and write about it ... and stream about it.

Here you go, i'll save you the effort of reading a whole 3 paragraphs to find it.

The problem is Sol, while the folk that watch Joe's stuff are generally all gamers .... not everyone is a fan of Anime.

Personally, I don't like it at all so I would find it a lot of wasted effort on Joe's part making vlogs or streams about something I have zero interest in.

So for me, it would have to be a no.

That's what I said in my previous post haha.

Hmm. OP's fault then for misleading me

Guys This has to happen. Lets see how Joe will react to this. PLUS: IT'LL be HILARIOUS! LETS DO THIS, FOR THE ANIME COMMUNITY!

BTW: this picture is not in Sword Art Online Angry Joe or anyone wondering. Just thought it was cool....anime-girls-guns_542464.jpg

Oh and one more thing guys: " I am Commander Shepard, of the Normandy, group N7, and I officially support this topic and those who wish to agree hereby to make Joe watch Sword Art Online"

- Commander Shepard

mass_effect_3_commander_shepard_is_alive

Last I checked, any footage of anime that's ongoing or even ended for several years gets taken down by their respective companies. Mostly the ones that deal with the music in the series, so reviewing them (or it in this case) is rather pointless. You can make an amv (short for 'anime music video') with a different song, but that makes the series in question lose any flavor. I reckon it is possible to get some sort of review rights for anime, but I doubt it's easy in any way. Japan's quite protective of their IP's as you might've noticed.

As for should he watch it - after having watched plenty of Joe's video and seen plenty of his reactions to, well practically anything, I'd say that no. He would most likely be bored by it. Then again, I am only speculating and the inner fanboy in me (of Sword Art) sort of hopes that he will watch it.

No...he should watch Shingehi no Kojin instead.

Or Monster.

Or GITS.

Ya know...things with more quality.

2and900 likes this

No...he should watch Shingehi no Kojin instead.

Or Monster.

Or GITS.

Ya know...things with more quality.

I think he brought up Sword Art Online because it's game based.

Sol Omega likes this

Joe should watch "Fading of the Cries".

I hope the next topic will be: "Should Angry Joe wear hotpants."

Considering SAO is on my "do not recommend" anime list, I'm gonna have to say no. That and I just get the feeling it might not be Joe's cup o' tea (though I could be wrong).
Speaking reviewing SAO like it's an actual game, here's something I thought I'd never get to use:

zxcVyza.png

hope the next topic will be: "Should Angry Joe wear hotpants."

No, no he should not....

Fuck no.

My eyes buddy, my damn eyes.

What will be seen cannot be unseen even after the eyeballs have melted.

likes this

No, no he should not....

Fuck no.

My eyes buddy, my damn eyes.

What will be seen cannot be unseen even after the eyeballs have melted.

Well... There's this.

AngryMankini1.png

And as for WHY SAO, as I already said, it has extreme reception as either being regarded as utter garbage... or a master piece. We would find it interesting (and mildly entertaining) as to what Joe thinks of it. And it's game themed.

I was thinking we could do Dot.Hack, Log Horizon, or Accel World instead (or have a "would rather" option int the poll), but Commander Shepard used his face on me...

First: I still don't understand people and their obscure problem with SAO, but let's leave it at that as to not start a stupid flame war of sorts.

Second: I can kinda guess what Joe might think of the given anime. Not the best things as they're all heavily story-based.

.hack//sign, simply put one of the greatest animes of all time, rivaling the likes of FLCL, One Piece, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Sword Art Online has nothing on .hack.  Period.

God Revan likes this

I think he brought up Sword Art Online because it's game based.

Exactly. Like your thinking there young man....

Garrett Tibbs likes this

No

I have nothing nice to say about SAO, so I wont say anything more.

No

I have nothing nice to say about SAO, so I wont say anything.

But... you just did....

HA SUCK IT, Sol Omega, try twisting my words around now!!

HA SUCK IT, Sol Omega, try twisting my words around now!!

Nope.

Too late. Don't need to, again.

I still have your original post quoted.

Nice try though, I will give you that.

No

I have nothing nice to say about SAO, so I wont say anything more.

...And you did say more even after that edit~