• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Traviltar

Aldmeri Dominion. WHY. WHY JOE, WHY. (Lore discussion!)

100 posts in this topic

I like how op is like "no offence but..." and then he throws Joe under the bus for picking AD... xD

But The Last Dragonborn was not affiliated with the Alessia or Septim lines.

And I immediately noticed the word "believed" to. Take attention to that. Besides, Paarthurnax talks mostly in metaphors. The dragon language is very limited compared to the Basic language of Tamriel.

Dovahkiin or Dragonborn is a mortal man or woman born with the soul of a dragon, or what the dragons would call "Dovah Sos" (dragonblood).[1] It enables them to use the dragon's ability to absorb a slain dragon's soul, thereby receiving knowledge of the Thu'um rather than having to learn it through practice.[2] The player is Dragonborn in Skyrim.

So what the dragons called "Dovah Sos", dragonblood, might and most likely refer to the fact that dragons have no concept of mortality. It's kind of like explaining to a blind person what is a red color. (Just try to) That is why Dragonrend weakens them, because it sets a sort of temporary mortality to the dragon.

Semantics. I suppose this comes down more to opinion, I see it more of a physical manifestation say a unique set of genes randomly chosen, which explains why there have been Dragonborns at times when they weren't needed. Or perhaps the divines do bestow their gift directly but it is still carried in the blood. I find it hard to believe that if a Dragonborn is born with the literal soul of a Dragon why that person is still mortal. Maybe it just makes more sense for me for it to be in the blood *shrugs*.

Facts vs facts what reality are you living in? It's the Horde vs Alliance argument all over again.

Hey, you want to disagree with writers and designers of the game how the story and lore goes in their games, be my guest Arc.

Also, that was directly copied from this article in ES Wiki

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Talos

See subarticle Trivia.

You can't deny the freaking source man.

I mean that's like

When you're reading a book and the book says "the sky is blue".

And then you go "uhh, how does that prove anything. All that can be made up"

would be a fucking twist in ES 6 if you find out that talos isnt actually a god... 

People who write good stories always have plot twists. As it stands now in the lore all the information is pointing to talos ascending to godhood. The Atlmer dont agree with that, for various reasons. And they may be right, or not. It would be a fun way to rewrite history in a game that has a rich lore. 

It will probably not happen, but still it would be awsome.

And to go back on my previous point, the worship of Talos is a religion and religions normally tell the complete truth

People who write good stories always have plot twists.

People who write good stories, not Bethesda. Except for Morrowind and Daggerfall i never got attached to any original story from them.

would be a fucking twist in ES 6 if you find out that talos isnt actually a god... 

People who write good stories always have plot twists. As it stands now in the lore all the information is pointing to talos ascending to godhood. The Atlmer dont agree with that, for various reasons. And they may be right, or not. It would be a fun way to rewrite history in a game that has a rich lore. 

It will probably not happen, but still it would be awsome.

And to go back on my previous point, the worship of Talos is a religion and religions normally tell the complete truth

They probably won't touch upon it in ESO because Tiber Septim hasn't even been born yet, the games takes place about 1000 years (I think?) before that.

I don't care what guild I'm a part of, I just want to play as an argonian.

Turns out it doesn't matter what faction I go anyway.

Just read up to make sure and it looks like there are EU and US servers and the AJSA will be on US so I won't be seeing any of them anyway.

I'll be on EU.

With the ping and events being held in US prime time (which is around 2am for me) I won't be joining the AJSA on US servers so it doesn't matter to me what faction the guild is.

Sadly I won't be seeing any of them in Cyrodiil either. Had my hopes set on bumping into some folk here and showing them my shiny hammer ...... up close :)

I thought it was all one big world server?

It is, but there are 3 factions to choose from that decide who you can kill in PvP battles.

I thought it was all one big world server?

Mega server for US and Mega server for EU.

Due to ping/latency whatever you want to call it, EU needs it's own. Some countries get terrible latency playing on US servers.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/mega-server

There will be 2 separate mega servers: one in the USA and the other one in Europe. This will help to prevent lags and delays. If there is only one megaserver in the USA, European players will not be able to get the same connection speed as players from the USA.

This is a grave occurrence, indeed. This should be reviewed, with an official AJSA poll, because I've seen several polls asking this very question. That way, we can have an idea of the true number of people that will be siding with whichever alliance. Personally? The Sons and Daughters of Skyrim will reign forever. Victory or Sovngarde!

Depending on how much I get into this game will determine whether I make an alt to be with  the Ajsa however im much more likely to continue just being a part of The Ebonheart pack as my Nord. But either way I leave one warning to the Elvs stay out of my Nords way or be Destroyed.  

Turns out it doesn't matter what faction I go anyway.

Just read up to make sure and it looks like there are EU and US servers and the AJSA will be on US so I won't be seeing any of them anyway.

I'll be on EU.

With the ping and events being held in US prime time (which is around 2am for me) I won't be joining the AJSA on US servers so it doesn't matter to me what faction the guild is.

Sadly I won't be seeing any of them in Cyrodiil either. Had my hopes set on bumping into some folk here and showing them my shiny hammer ...... up close :)

Don't worry Gomly, you and I can play together; we'll make our own guild, with blackjack and hookers.

fawster likes this

Geez guys , it's just a game ! Comon ! Man i hate peoples who cry because someone they love choose not the same things has the others want he choose. That

dosent mean you go on another factions your are cut out of the angry army . Pick your side and your race you love and everyones is happy. Simple ! My best motto is

play for fun.  

Geez guys , it's just a game ! Comon ! Man i hate peoples who cry because someone they love choose not the same things has the others want he choose. That

dosent mean you go on another factions your are cut out of the angry army . Pick your side and your race you love and everyones is happy. Simple ! My best motto is

play for fun.  

Nobody is crying or even remotely upset.

Only thing I wanted was to see some folk from here in Cyrodiil and beat the snot out of them ..... for fun.

Sadly we'll be on different regional servers so it can't be.

But nobody is upset Joe chose what he did. People will either roll the same or something else. No one is upset though.

oh ok thanks Gomly. Sorry my mistake.

Not a mistake buddy, it does look like some of us are complaining but we're doing it in fun.

Mainly because people hate the Dominion because of events that happen around Skyrim ...... which is nearly 1000 years in the future in regards to Elder Scrolls Online.

So people hate the Dominion over things that haven't happened yet.

And so we complain, but in jest.

My only problem was, even if I didn't join the AJSA in the Dominion, I was still going to see people in Cyrodiil. Sadly I forgot about the regional servers so the AJSA will be on US servers and i'll be on EU.

The server division is not a surprise. I just hope that AJSA members can recognise each other even on other servers, you know, in order to bow after the killing.

The server division is not a surprise. I just hope that AJSA members can recognise each other even on other servers, you know, in order to bow after the killing.

We won't see each other.

EU servers and US servers are completely separate ..... completely different.

Whoever plays on American servers will not be able to communicate, play or even see anyone on European servers.

Those on US servers will only fight other people on US servers while those of us on EU servers will only fight other people on EU servers. 

Don't worry Gomly, you and I can play together; we'll make our own guild, with blackjack and hookers.

I might make a guild I reckon.....

If I can think of a name that won't get me in trouble like The Randy Shepherds did in DAoC (people claimed we were mocking sheep shaggers ..... which we were).

Oddly enough though, out of all the guilds i've ever run I only have one rule .... and it's the one rule people constantly break.

I hate drama. If people bring drama in then I kick them. I say it to everyone who's ever joined and within a few days someone starts whining, complaining, starting arguments and acting like a giant hairy nipple.

I've got plenty of free time to run one but we'll see how much I can be arsed when it comes down to it.

We won't see each other.

EU servers and US servers are completely separate ..... completely different.

Whoever plays on American servers will not be able to communicate, play or even see anyone on European servers.

Yeah i meant on the Eu server. I know i'm not gonna meet an american AJSA member.

Yeah i meant on the Eu server. I know i'm not gonna meet an american AJSA member.

Ahhh, my mistake then bud.