• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Your best Fallout game?

46 posts in this topic

As a huge fan of RPGs and specially open world games, what is your opinion on the Fallout series?

I'm a huge fan of fantasy games, but a big fan of post-apocalyptic and sci-fi games too. Fallout series is special to me, specially Fallout 2. Now most new people would probably not play Fallout 2, but at the time it came out, it was such an awesome game. You could do so many things, the map was quiet big and the karma system was amazing. The new Fallout games; Fallout 3 and Fallout NV weren't bad, but I prefer Fallout NV over Fallout 3 as it felt more lore friendly. There were some music themes added from Fallout 2 and even some characters. I loved the Enclave design in Fallout NV more than in Fallout 3 for the same reason. Fallout NV had the original Enclave armor and it looked just more bad ass. What I probably loved about Fallout 2 the most was so many features and yet such an old game. The amount of perks, skills you could have was astonishing. Not to mention the game had quiet a rich story, good quests...they felt very authentic. One quest that kind of just always comes to mind is when in Klamath people talk of some spirit in the canyons emitting lights and scaring people and then when you go out to explore, you find a robot instead...which wasn't that friendly. Fallout 2 is still probably my favorite, but rest of them weren't bad at all. If you have never played Fallout 2 btw, you should. Specially if you like post-apocalyptic games, it has tons of features, it's a very rich game. I can't even believe it's so old, but so awesome. Don't forget to Google out for Fallout 2 Restoration Project if you decide to play the game for the first time or just simply re-play it. =)

Also if you have some cool experiences in those games, please share them. =D

FO2 was my favorite

didn't really liked FO: Tactics and the later ones

FO2 was my favorite

didn't really liked FO: Tactics and the later ones

Yeah Fallout tactics was a complete fail for me. It was more like an action RPG rather than a open world RPG.

Bimpy782 likes this

1 and 2 were two of the best games I've played. Tactics and New Vegas were ok. I didn't like Fallout 3. Fallout Brotherhood of Steel is probably the worst game I've played.

Apex Spartan and Bimpy782 like this

Fallout 3, New Vegas wasn't as engaging and I never played the others.

Fallout 3, New Vegas wasn't as engaging and I never played the others.

You should try Fallout 2 if you can look past the graphics. 

Fallout 3.

I loved Fallout 1 and 2 but ... mods for Fallout 3 swing it for me.

I do like Fallout New Vegas but only up to a certain point. I suffer from "Benny Syndrome" in that game. Once I finish with Benny I lose interest in the story and just potter around with mods.

Fallout 3.

I loved Fallout 1 and 2 but ... mods for Fallout 3 swing it for me.

I do like Fallout New Vegas but only up to a certain point. I suffer from "Benny Syndrome" in that game. Once I finish with Benny I lose interest in the story and just potter around with mods.

Mods for open world games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls truly enhance the experience in 1000s of ways. I spent almost around 1000h in Skyrim...I never spent so much time in a singleplayer game. Modded Fallout/Elder Scroll games win any day.

Gone likes this

Mods for open world games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls truly enhance the experience in 1000s of ways. I spent almost around 1000h in Skyrim...I never spent so much time in a singleplayer game. Modded Fallout/Elder Scroll games win any day.

I agree completely.

You can add so much to it and with the amount of mods out there you can make every new game unique.

It's one of the main reasons I love the Elder Scrolls games and newer Fallouts.

1&2 are my favorites but when you mod the third it gets awesome. Wanderer Edition is easily my favorite mod of all times.

Bimpy782 likes this

I agree completely.

You can add so much to it and with the amount of mods out there you can make every new game unique.

It's one of the main reasons I love the Elder Scrolls games and newer Fallouts.

Indeed and do you know what's the worst? I just watched a couple of movies...LOTR for some reason and it makes me play Skyrim SOOOO MUCH NOW! I remember I put a weapons mod in Skyrim with LOTR weapons in it, but guess what? My PC MOBO is down and I can't play the game now...my brain is on fire!

@Orpo 

Sadly I've never spent time to mod Fallout 3. I've spent time and added several mods to Fallout New Vegas.

@Orpo 

Sadly I've never spent time to mod Fallout 3. I've spent time and added several mods to Fallout New Vegas.

Even with mods i can't enjoy NV. I arrive at the middle of the storyline and get bored. How can something like the legion be so boring in an open world game i'll never understand.

I loved fallout 3 the most, one of my first games i ever did an all- nighter of :D

Even with mods i can't enjoy NV. I arrive at the middle of the storyline and get bored. How can something like the legion be so boring in an open world game i'll never understand.

Haha, honestly I found the legion to be a bit...funny. And Caesar? Wth?!

I remember how I killed the poor bastard. I acted as an ally, came to him because he 'invited' me, so I decided to play along nice...then I cut off his head.

Haha, honestly I found the legion to be a bit...funny. And Caesar? Wth?!

I remember how I killed the poor bastard. I acted as an ally, came to him because he 'invited' me, so I decided to play along nice...then I cut off his head.

Apex Spartan likes this

My favourite was and still is new vegas as that's the first one I've played got fallout 3 bit i did not enjoy it as much I prefer the Mojave wasteland than the DC wastland and I also could not get into the story of the 3rd game I much preferred the new vegas story

1st 2 games are what I love. The newer FPS/RPG styles ones are okay, but never really hit me as hard as the 1st 2 games. If I had to pick I'd say #2 though because you could explore the world better with the car. (Not to mention load the trunk with loot)

Apex Spartan likes this

1st 2 games are what I love. The newer FPS/RPG styles ones are okay, but never really hit me as hard as the 1st 2 games. If I had to pick I'd say #2 though because you could explore the world better with the car. (Not to mention load the trunk with loot)

Man, I only found out you can drive the car after my 2nd playthrough.

Jackschmit likes this

****SPOILER ALERT (easter egg Fallout 2)***

^ :D was kinda sad when i found * the whale*

normally i would never post something that may be spoiler.... but after 15 years i am allowed.

Apex Spartan likes this

****SPOILER ALERT (easter egg Fallout 2)***

^ :D was kinda sad when i found * the whale*

normally i would never post something that may be spoiler.... but after 15 years i am allowed.

Haha, the whale...ofc

OH, I never managed to find that egg inside NEW RENO basement under that gun shop where that crazy old dude can fix up your guns for free.

Algernon was his name. I know that there is a secret egg in that basement, but I never found it :(

I think it's in that basement though

Jackschmit likes this

:D my general game progression would be this: (STEALTH AND FUCKING SMALL GUNS (because they have ammo) OR energy weapons if i feel oerpowered and ready to wipe out everyone in a flash of funkey light.

Apex Spartan likes this