• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CaptainKickass69

Is titanfall still worth the $60

titan fall worth   85 members have voted

1. 1. is it worth the full

• the full $60
    • will wait for price drop
    • not getting it EVER

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

73 posts in this topic

This game is fucking fun! (just getting that out of the way)

now i am conflicted though on its price, while i love the gameplay change from the typical shooter there are some things in it that are keeping me from preordering it.

1. no campain

2. not much keeping me to play past level 14

3. not allot of guns to pick from (unless they only showed a limited amount in beta)

4. fear of DLC prices and adding guns in them for a pay to win scenario 

5. only can use one type of titan outside burn cards (unless DLC B.S.)

i think this game would be better as a $30-$40 game but im guessing they got to make up for leaving out Sony. im buying it after the price drops or there is a sale.

The beta restricted players on what they were able to use (except for burn cards) The full game will have the titans and more weapons. The beta's purpose wasn't to let people play for free it was to test the servers and the game, to help them gather data and prepare for launch.

As for the part about no campaign: Other FPS with campaigns are pointless, they are always weak, unfun, and have almost no replay value. The fact that TitanFall has no campaign just means they're cutting the BS

In my eyes, it is worth 35 dollars. The fact that this game is multiplayer only (with a campaign fused in Brink-style) doesn't strike my fancy. Also, even though I spent many hours on the beta, I still have no interest in this game.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to play some CS:GO.

P.S: I got CS:GO for $12.50.

Other FPS with campaigns are pointless, they are always weak, unfun, and have almost no replay value.

I disagree on that. Games like Killzone 2, Bioshock 1 and Infinite, System Shock 2, Half Life, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, and many more have proven that a well written story has its place in the FPS Genre.

CaptainKickass69 likes this

Yeah, don't judge whatever to buy the game based on the beta. Don't pre-order the game, just wait for it to be released, look at reviews and take some time if you are not sure. There is no point in hurrying. It's not like the game will escape anywhere. Sadly for it, it's stuck in the Origin abyss, work of evil EA =P

I might get the game myself, but no way I'm pre-ordering yet.

Yeah, don't judge whatever to buy the game based on the beta. Don't pre-order the game, just wait for it to be released, look at reviews and take some time if you are not sure. There is no point in hurrying. It's not like the game will escape anywhere. Sadly for it, it's stuck in the Origin abyss, work of evil EA =P

I might get the game myself, but no way I'm pre-ordering yet.

with these sorta games Beta is a bit of a overstatement mostly with games like this and when it is so close to launch, really servers were the only thing they could have tested maybe weapon damage but when the game launches it will mostly be the exact same but with more maps.

P.S: I got CS:GO for $12.50.

And I got it for about $9. Jelly much? =D

Back to topic...

Titanfall looks like a good and fun game. The future DLCs might be good, if not too expensive. I also heard that in full game there will be aliens and who knows how they will integrate them. 

Source: http://n4g.com/news/1459525/titanfall-will-have-giant-alien-monsters-but-they-wont-enter-the-maps

They might in future add more content, make these aliens part of the AI or something. The game is only coming out. So far, it does have a fun mechanic and the features are somewhat OK. I think it will be a game that's going to stay popular for quiet a while.  

And I got it for about $9. Jelly much? =D

It was a long time since I got it. Don't be a punk. :P

It was a long time since I got it. Don't be a punk. :P

Hehe, I got it not too long after it's release date. I don't know why the game was so cheap though so close to the release date. :o

i like this game so far and really hope that there are more guns and content but im in no hurry to buy it, it isn't going no where and i don't need it right away like how i do need ESO  :P

hopefully the DLC are cheep because i hate paying for DLC in multiplayer FPS's as it is and i usually don't get them allot of the time. 

Hehe, I got it not too long after it's release date. I don't know why the game was so cheap though so close to the release date. :o

It was still a good deal for a multi only game.

and no one pretend that a campaign in this game wouldn't be amazing if it had well written characters, a good story, some touchy feeling moments ect. ect.

and if anyone thinks shooter games cant have good stories then go play "Metro 2033" and "Metro Last Light" or if your brain cant handle that kind of amazing game then Halo has a good campaign and multiplayer (or maybe you only play CoD and don't know stories in games.....or books i assume.)

DemonsColt likes this

and no one pretend that a campaign in this game wouldn't be amazing if it had well written characters, a good story, some touchy feeling moments ect. ect.

and if anyone thinks shooter games cant have good stories then go play "Metro 2033" and "Metro Last Light" or if your brain cant handle that kind of amazing game then Halo has a good campaign and multiplayer (or maybe you only play CoD and don't know stories in games.....or books i assume.)

Definitely agree on Metro: Last Light.

Metro 2033 and Last Light are both amazing game. Very rich and dark atmosphere, great story lines. 

DemonsColt likes this

Worth nothing to me.

Gameplay and everything just left me bored (felt like a CoD+Halo effect) Got other FPS games to play for inf fighting and MWO/Hawken for mechs.

I don't think the lack of a single player campaign should reduce the value. Battlefield 3s campaign was mediocre at best, and most people only played It once If at all. And I thought BF3 was well worth the 60 Dollars for Multiplayer alone, without the expansions. Titanfall seems to be going for the same concept, focusing on online gameplay, and as such they just cut out the single player campaign, because In other games, It's just filler, most people buy these types of games for the Multiplayer, and I think It seems natural to incorporate the story elements into the multiplayer instead of splitting up the game.

Titanfall looks to be a very entertaining alternative to the established online shooters, E.G. Halo, CoD, BF etc. But for some reason, people seem to dislike It for no obvious cause that I can see. I think, that If It follows the same patterns as Battlefield, DLC wise, It could become a very well respected franchise along side the others. They shouldn't release smaller DLC packs just with guns, or skins and stupid shit like that, but focus on larger packs, with maps, gamemodes and weapons all included, like BF does.

1.no campain

There is a Multiplayer campain, what ever that means but it has it's own game mode, this game has a campain and story it's like the developers said "hard to market" http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132297-Titanfall-Will-Feature-a-Campaign-Multiplayer-Mode

2. not much keeping me to play past level 14

There are many unlockable weapns, abilities and attachments to unlock, plus maps with monsters

3. not allot of guns to pick from (unless they only showed a limited amount in beta)

There are many more weapons, (3shot burst assult rifles, alternate SMG, Bolt Sniper, LMG, revolver ect ect) reveled in the beta hack, there are images to conclude the evidence

4. fear of DLC prices and adding guns in them for a pay to win scenario

We don't know that but it's understandable

5. only can use one type of titan outside burn cards (unless DLC B.S.)

Ogre, Atlas and Strider classes are avaliable to use and customisable in the full game, you have 3 custom Titan slots so you could have 1 for each slot. The Titan Burn cadrs make that type of Titan avaliable instantly, like at the start of a game and you have a Ogre Titan Burncard, you use it and instantly get it avaliable.

I think Titanfall is not a bad new 'formula' for FPS. Yeah sure, parkour and free running on walls we've seen before, but it's still offers new things. Fast paced gameplay style looks really good in the game, the Titans are bad ass, the free running on wall is pretty fun...it kind of reminds me of Tribes Ascend...I really enjoy a game with fluid movement. The animations are pretty well done and I'm sure it will be quiet a popular game. 

People have gotten used to constantly asking for more in games. When Titanfall was first announced, the hype was HUGE. I do not understand what people expected? I knew it was going to be fun game, but I didn't expect it to be the  best FPS to come out...that's the problem with people. They saw some free running and mech action and now they thought, "OMG OMG OMG GIMME GIMME!" 

I'm honestly not surprised a lot of people are disappointed, people always get  too hyped and expect a God game. I knew from the first moment I saw the game, that it wasn't as awesome as people thought it would be. People believe in all the marketing today a little too much. When developers say, "this will be the FPS game of the year" everyone believes that like it's a rule. This game looks super fun, but it isn't anything SPECIAL. It's fun, has some new things that are good for a FPS game, but it's not a miracle game, but too many people get too over hyped and then they pay a big price when they play the game and find out it's not what they expected it to be.

Also, people got used to judging a game too much from the beta. Beta games mostly lack a lot of content (guns, maps, props and lots of bugs). So people play a beta and say, "omg a shit game, only 2 guns."

Beta's today are almost finished games, they mostly get released few months before the release date. You shouldn't expect major changes to happen by the time the full game is released, but remember that Beta games are a lot more restricted. It lacks a lot of things and now everyone who played Titanfall beta, think the game only has 3 guns, 1 titan and so on lol. Don't judge the WHOLE game based on the beta. If you haven't preordered yet, take your time, look at reviews when the game is released. For those of you who preordered the game and are now disappointed, that is your fault. That is the risk you take when you preorder. 

Senju likes this

everyone keeps thinking there is no campaign mode there is its a multiplayer campaign  think of it as coop but with 2 stories for each side and you have co cop on each side as you play through the story together  so its not just the modes there is a campaign they said there was they just got rid of the single player  and maade the story multiplayer

It's not my thing.

I have never been a fan of arena style shooters (except Unreal tournament back in the late 90's) but thought i'd give it a try with all the praise I saw people giving it as the "next evolution of FPS games".....

Yeah, i've seen it all before. It didn't show me anything new so i'll pass on this one.

That being said, it did play smoothly and it does look nice visually so gameplay and graphically I can't complain.

Like I said, it's just not my thing.

I would say wait it out. The "beta" they gave us seemed to have very basic elements of gameplay, I'm waiting to see what's delivered in the full title. There has been talk of the addition of Kaiju as well as a story mode that takes place inside the multiplayer, so I'm holding out some hope for the game. 

What really worries me is how far EA is planning to interfere with the title, because unlike Battlefield or even SimCity, Titanfall doesn't have a dedicated fan base yet. They could easy screw up with monetization and kill off the small playerbase they have. If they aren't careful about how they approach this new IP, Titanfall could become a glorified tech demo for source engine. It doesn't have the fan base to save it from a huge fumble.

But yeah, what we saw was basically a gameplay demo. I'm expecting a lot more from the full title if I'm going to shell out $60, but the demo is quite probably a small fraction of what will be delivered. I'll probably hold off on the pre-order until I can check out the rest of the features closer to release.

Without a single player / campaign, I believe the game is only worth around $40.

CaptainKickass69 likes this

I don't understand why people are saying there will be no campaign. There will be a campaign, but each level that would usually have been single player will be multiplayer. Just you all watch when it happens.

Some new leaked info has been revealed, new game mode called "Generations" and 

a shot of a ziplining pilot player, and a intriguing tease of a mysterious monster - previously hinted at through the game's art book.

http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/gallery/titanfall-leaked-screenshots-show-maps-monsters-and-generations-mode/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

I have a good feeling for this game, but sadly too many people are starting to judge it from a beta, "OMG ONLY 3 GUNS!"

The game will have more guns, maps, game modes and who knows what else...just give it some time. Those who had fun in beta will have a lot more fun in the full game for sure, those who thought the beta felt empty, wait for the full release. Those people who didn't like the gameplay style, that's a totally different matter. I've seen games cost about $60 which honestly didn't even deserve to be $30. 

In Titanfall's case, I think $60 is a fair price, but if it's too expensive for you, there are sites selling games including Titanfall for about $40 or so....Google it. =)

Even with the new data, my price still stands. 35 dollars or nothing.

Even with the new data, my price still stands. 35 dollars or nothing.

My suggestion is wait for discount or find other sites to buy games. Last few games I bought was off a site called cjs-cdkeys, offering great prices, wait a month after Titanfall's release and you can buy the game there for around 30 to 40 dollars for sure =D

DemonsColt likes this