• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BlondishMist748

Good FPS games

27 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I am intense RTS and RPG gamer, but once a while I have a strong feel to play some good FPS. And I am asking you for help :) 
I own Battlefield 3 and I am not into buying BF 4, I would love Call of Duty BO 1 and 2, but WTF ? it cost full price on Steam. ! 
List of FPS I have : 

Far Cry 3
Battlefield 3
ButtletStorm 
Crysis 2
Fallout NV

I don't care about Single Player, I want multiplayer and NO F2P games, because you can buy power in most F2P FPS !!! 
Thank you for any help :))

RAMBO: The Video Game.

You could try Payday 1 & 2 (I prefer 1 because there's not so much unlock shit) or the Borderlands games. All are great games especially if you have friends to play with.

You could try Payday 1 & 2 (I prefer 1 because there's not so much unlock shit) or the Borderlands games. All are great games especially if you have friends to play with.

I own PayDay 1  and I like it, but no friends play it (they don't buy games assholes :D ) so there is no point to play. Multiplayer requires strategy and not some asshole who runs between million cops and dies.

Borderlands I just cannot stand, I dislike the art style and the whole idea... :/ 

I find it quite sad with everyone disregarding borderlands because of the cellshading, they don't realize what they miss. But that is off topic, so if we get back to that I would suggest checking out crysis 3, cause I enjoyed the MP in it. And even with your skepsis to F2P FPS I think you should try planetside 2, even if there is a little slur of pay to win that is mostly for the fighter aircraft. If infantry combat is your thing you should have no issues if the skills are there as the standard weapons are absolutely capable.

I find it quite sad with everyone disregarding borderlands because of the cellshading, they don't realize what they miss. But that is off topic, so if we get back to that I would suggest checking out crysis 3, cause I enjoyed the MP in it. And even with your skepsis to F2P FPS I think you should try planetside 2, even if there is a little slur of pay to win that is mostly for the fighter aircraft. If infantry combat is your thing you should have no issues if the skills are there as the standard weapons are absolutely capable.

I played Borderlands (yes I pirate games to try them out I am no Bill Gates) and it whole theme just didn't impress me. Planetside 2, damn, I played quite a lot, but I hate its guts. I have written loooong review on Steam, for some reason I was getting sniped with shotguns and even when I emptied my magazine into an enemy he lived and killed me in one shot. 

I just bought Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (Ubisoft saaale :D ), I give that a shot, shame it doesn't have Multiplayer.

Crysis 3, I am worried, I played Crysis 2 little bit and it just was not soo good, I will wait for a sale on Crysis 3 and pick it up then, still pretty cool idea. 

I just don't want another "You are rank 10,000 super awesome fun sergant killer guy of super importance with the best weapons. Far Cry 3 does it well, when in BF I get killed in quickly I completly dominated my first 4 games FIRST games again ranks 15+ and I never played multiplayer in FC3. 

Btw.: I have played Titanfall beta and I am sure to buy it ! Sooo good FPS IMO ! 

Ok then you have to find new friends! :D I would also recommend Planetside 2. But here are some other games: left 4 dead, natural selection, old but gold team fortress, counter strike, unreal tournament, quake :D Maybe you could just give Borderlands a try, it's worth it!

Edit: I read your post about Planetside and Borderlnads so forget about that :)

Ok then you have to find new friends! :D I would also recommend Planetside 2. But here are some other games: left 4 dead, natural selection, old but gold team fortress, counter strike, unreal tournament, quake :D Maybe you could just give Borderlands a try, it's worth it!

Edit: I read your post about Planetside and Borderlnads so forget about that :)

I'd love to find new friends :D And when I get new headset I hope I find some people in AJSA ! I have Natural Selection 2, I have played UT when I was young I have to buy it on Steam when it gets cheaper, I have CS:GO not fan of it, I like to Aim Down Sight, Quake we played in School few years ago. 

It's shame Metro LL doesn't have Multi-Player :D 

Hmm then you have to wait for Titanfall or Evolve :D I'm looking forward to play Metro LL I only played 2033 :)

Hmm then you have to wait for Titanfall or Evolve :D I'm looking forward to play Metro LL I only played 2033 :)

I am waiting on sale. they are SP only and I don't stick in Single Player too long (except FC3). But Metro LL looks f*cking awesome :D

Yeah :D I wait for Titanfall March 6 isn't so far :D 

Each to his own I guess, number 2 improved alot on number one especially if you are a fan of the slapstick humor like me :D But I thought it was atleast worth a mention as you mentionned both FPS and RPG as your favortie genres borderlands sorta filling both :) 

Mnay other good ones mentionned that I forgot like NS, if you did not like crysis 2 then number 3 is not worth getting if it's not on sale however I find balancing a lot better, maps and generally the feel to be more enjoyable then number 2. If you are an FPS addict I think it will be enough change to value a transition at some point :)

Also if we get into games that isn't released I am seriously looking foreward to destiny, it seems to have immense potentional... what do we expect, it's bungie afterall :D

Each to his own I guess, number 2 improved alot on number one especially if you are a fan of the slapstick humor like me :D But I thought it was atleast worth a mention as you mentionned both FPS and RPG as your favortie genres borderlands sorta filling both :) 

Mnay other good ones mentionned that I forgot like NS, if you did not like crysis 2 then number 3 is not worth getting if it's not on sale however I find balancing a lot better, maps and generally the feel to be more enjoyable then number 2. If you are an FPS addict I think it will be enough change to value a transition at some point :)

Also if we get into games that isn't released I am seriously looking foreward to destiny, it seems to have immense potentional... what do we expect, it's bungie afterall :D

I honestly didn't play much of Crysis 2 and it was sooome time ago with a crappy controller and not so great PC hardware (yes sometimes I enjoy FPS with controller), I am downloading it on Steam right now to see if it is good, I saw some gameplay from Crysis 3 and it looks brilliant ! Aaaaand it is 50% off on Origion (for 10 euro) so I am thinking about picking it up. 

If you are on the fence you can look up levelcap's youtube video's on the game, well known youtuber that mainly focuses on FPS games. I think that should give you a good enough impression to decide whether you wanna pick it up or not :)

If you are on the fence you can look up levelcap's youtube video's on the game, well known youtuber that mainly focuses on FPS games. I think that should give you a good enough impression to decide whether you wanna pick it up or not :)

I'll watch TBs WTF is... Crysis 3 (45 minutes). I also give try to Crysis 2. From what I saw there won't be much new. 

Ah that is a good one too, reason I recommended levelcap is because he does loadouts and MP commentary on weapons, perks and balance specifically if you want a deeper look :)

As it seems I will stick with Crysis 2 which I actually enjoy in Single Player and wait for Titanfall release as a Multiplayer only title. 

Crysis 3 seems neat but I don't want to throw another 10 euro out of the window when Titanfall is not so far. I recently put a lot of money to my Steam wallet so I don't want to purchase games on Origin (damn you EA :D ). 

Anyway thank you all for responses :) 

I know you said no F2P's but man, TF2 is just so much damn fun xD There's also Killing Floor, Rising Storm and Red Orchrestra 2 (RS and RO are more on the hardcore side of things, if you like that)

WOW THANKS !! 

I totally missed this jewel :) THANKS ! :D

You do realize this recommendation is a joke, right? Look at the game's reviews.

You do realize this recommendation is a joke, right? Look at the game's reviews.

He does know it's a joke. That's why I liked his comment.

Killing floor ?

The staple shooters:

Doom / Doom 2

Quake / Quake 2

Wolfenstein 3D

Planetside 2 

Counter Strike Global Offensive (highly skilled shooter though)

Team Fortress 2 (f2p, but not pay 2 win)

Battlefield 2 (old, but great....huge fan =) )

Arma 1

Arma 2

Arma 3

Arma series are not shooters, they are milsims, but I still felt like adding them to the list.

I don't know, if I remember some more, I will add them ^^