• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Knock

Your "Dream Game"

20 posts in this topic

I think some of us have had a dream boy/girl at some point in time in their lives. You have a perfect image of what your significant other would be like, and you wish that you would meet them someday... (Yeah, I know the way I started this thread sounds horrific but bear with me)

..But what's your dream game? I'm talking about a game that you've wanted to happen for a long time, and it just hasn't been created yet. Maybe games that are somewhat similar have been made, but your true dream game is what I'm talking about. As in it fits that image in your head, and it's satisfying the way it's been executed.

My dream game is a game about pirates (No, Black Flag won't fit the bill). I want it to be open-world and online. And I want it to have pirate ships that you can actually sail on. You could do multiple things on the ship, have a full crew and captain, and get into battles while you're on your way somewhere (looking for treasure or whatever). The game "No Man's Sky" kind of reminds me of this (Although I don't know full details about that game). And I'd want it to be that you could have plenty to do on land as well. Sid Meier's "Pirates!" is a good example of some stuff you could potentially do. Like tavern brawls, dueling, or even taking over a city if you have the right amount of men to do so. And I'd want it to be completely multiplayer. If it was made as an MMO, I'd want it to be different from other MMO's. Like the way DayZ is. 

Well, that's my dream game. Tell me what your dream game is if you have one!

All ready own it, it's called Gary's Mod, you can do ANYTHING

BSB likes this

An ultra realistic survival horror zombie game set in my hometown, yea.

Something along the lines of Agarest, but with better game mechanics and without the shitty "add 'X' amount of points to stat 'Y'".

What I want is too impossible, but M&B is along the lines of it.
But then again, is that really the dream game I have?
No, I have played far too many games to just settle myself for one game like that.

An RPG (post-apocalyptic, maybe?) with multiple plot threads you could pick up. Basically, you'd be able to forge your OWN main quest, instead of one the devs have made for you. One catch, though. When you die, that's the end of the game. However, instead of making you rage, death would be handled in such a way to where it would wrap up all the plot threads. This way, the game would have almost INFINITE replayability.

Knock likes this

*Sigh* There have been so many duplicate threads before and within a short time span. Like "FAVORITE GAME ON PS3" or something. I come up with my own thread idea, and you have to post links to threads that were created months ago. I honestly don't care if someone had this idea before me, and I don't see a reason as to why you had to post those when they're irrelevant now. Not every single thread is going to be completely original

An RPG (post-apocalyptic, maybe?) with multiple plot threads you could pick up. Basically, you'd be able to forge your OWN main quest, instead of one the devs have made for you. One catch, though. When you die, that's the end of the game. However, instead of making you rage, death would be handled in such a way to where it would wrap up all the plot threads. This way, the game would have almost INFINITE replayability.

Dude, that sounds fucking awesome. I kind of do something similar when I'm playing DayZ, except I'm using my imagination. A month or two ago I got mixed in a battle at the NW airfield, and both groups killed each other. I liked thinking to myself that that was the end of my character's story.

*Sigh* There have been so many duplicate threads before and within a short time span. Like "FAVORITE GAME ON PS3" or something. I come up with my own thread idea, and you have to post links to threads that were created months ago. I honestly don't care if someone had this idea before me, and I don't see a reason as to why you had to post those when they're irrelevant now. Not every single thread is going to be completely original.

bumping existing threads sounds like a good idea...

A Star Wars game with a dark and gritty atmosphere where I play as a young Boba Fett. What shall it be called? Star Wars 1313 of course... What? They were already making it and then cancelled it? God damn it Disney, stomping all over my dreams again!

Knock likes this

An FF7 remake ? (Never happen i know)

Survival horror (NOT ZOMBIES) with RPG aspects (making your character more resilient to things like the wild and teaching to make fires and shacks)

A modern, HD remake of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic that manages to be better in many ways.

I don't see a reason as to why you had to post those when they're irrelevant now.

I don't think they are irrelevant due to the fact that they answer your question. There have been many great answers in those threads, including mine (although not so great). I'd suggest reading through those as well.

bumping existing threads sounds like a good idea...

I didn't even use the search function this time, so I wasn't aware of the other threads. Which I thought that was clear in my post when I said "I come up with my own thread idea,[...]". Guess that could be easily missed though.

I assumed there weren't threads like the one I was creating since I haven't seen one like this before.

I don't think they are irrelevant due to the fact that they answer your question. There have been many great answers in those threads, including mine (although not so great). I'd suggest reading through those as well.

Yeah, they do answer my question... You've got a point. I didn't mean that when it came to relevancy though. I've been in another community where if you post a thread with a similar topic to one that was made awhile ago, people attack you. On there they call it "mini-modding" I think.

I thought that's what you were subtly doing. Sorry about that. 

A Star Wars game with a dark and gritty atmosphere where I play as a young Boba Fett. What shall it be called? Star Wars 1313 of course... What? They were already making it and then cancelled it? God damn it Disney, stomping all over my dreams again!

I remember when I really wanted Kirby Returns to Dreamland as a kid (Back then I think it was just called Kirby Adventure). It wasn't released for years, then it finally comes to fruition on the Wii. It came during the time period where I don't even play my Wii anymore. That's when I felt like my dream was stomped on...

I've created a new one since then though (As you can see). 

A modern HD remake of GTA: San Andreas complete with updated cars, GTA V graphics, combat system (cover, weapon wheel), complete multiplayer, and anything else to make the game better than it already is. GTA: V comes close to a perfect game for me (I absolutely love open world games and the GTA series in general so a little fanboyism) but something about San Andreas just edges it out compared to V. 

Said this in another thread but for me my dream game is a proper free roam sandbox style LOST game. It's exactly what Via Domus should have been, it has SO much potential.

dream game?

OUTCAST 2 from RETRO STUDIOS

will never happen but this would be the best game ever made.