• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Star-Lord

Garry's Mod

15 posts in this topic

Garry's Mod is a sandbox game in singleplayer, where using the physics of the Source engine, the player can create anything they want. In multiplayer, there is a wide variety of different game modes to play. Almost all of these game modes require the players to communicate with each other in some way. I think the AJSA could have a lot of fun in Garry's Mod. :D

Pros:

• ​Game modes consistently encourage constant communication between players.
  • Friendly players on servers to help newcomers.
  • Game modes can be picked up easily by newcomers.

Cons:

• Players sometimes cheat / break rules in more competitive game modes.
  • Veteran players sometimes trick newcomers into breaking rules and getting kicked / banned from servers.
  • Some moderators might ban / kick players with little or no proof of rules being broken.
Ysnar and 1R0FL3D like this

I love building things cooperatively in-game... would be nice to dig into this alongside some experienced people.

I've also seen some really derpy stuff being done in Garrys mod, I hope we do something like it.

Gutsbit and Star-Lord like this

The only thing i've used Garry's Mod for is the same thing i've used Source for ..... less than "family" orientated entertainment.

Considering I have a healthy sex life you'd think I would be less of a pervert .... turns out i'm not though .... bring on the pixelated nudity.

Star-Lord likes this

Oh yeah, We gotta play Trouble in Terrorist Town and Prop Hunt if this happens!

Star-Lord likes this

I LOVE GMOD! It's one of my favourite games and the atmosphere on a server where everyone uses a mic is really fun. We've gotta get some ttt, prop hunt and murder on!

YES PLEASE

Cons:

• Players sometimes cheat / break rules in more competitive game modes.
  • Veteran players sometimes trick newcomers into breaking rules and getting kicked / banned from servers.
  • Some moderators might ban / kick players with little or no proof of rules being broken.

Most of those Cons are not really too big to be worried about, yes players cheat and break rules, that's why you need moderators and admins on a server.

"Veteran players sometimes trick newcomers into breaking rules and getting kicked / banned from servers."

I was once an admin on a Community that runs servers on Garry's Mod that was TTT and Dark rp for the most, if veteran players do that they shouldn't even be on there at all and if it was a server that was from the Angry Army I don't think people would try to be a smart ass if a huge Community was running the server. 

And there's Spectate player commands which shows what the player is doing, saying and even typing so I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

"Some moderators might ban / kick players with little or no proof of rules being broken."

That's why the community I was in had Applications to become an admin or moderator for that reason, so people wouldn't abuse their powers.

Here's mine for example: http://poseidonservers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=4496

However due to events last year on that community I was once in, I left it since I didn't like the owners and how it was being managed but mostly because the people in it were immature.

Commander Shepard likes this

yes this game is awesome

YES PLEASE

I KNOW RIGHT?!!?!

abilly85 likes this

ive been waiting to play Gmod with AJSA for a long time....

YES THANK YOU

Yes, would love to see this

I'll be counting the days for the runs for this I know this would be epic to have plenty of prop hunt fun with the angry army just think of how much everyone would be having when this starts O.....O this needs to happen just for the angry army I told be on this like a dog chasing his tail