• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AngryKid

Please help PC experts!!!

10 posts in this topic

Ok so I am putting together a desktop for gaming, but I am a real noob at it all

So I am asking for help

What specs should I get to run games like battlefield 4 on high-ultra (my budget is $1500) so if performance needs to be lowered a little than no big loss

Main components will be your CPU, GPU, and RAM. Everything else is really up to you so long as it all matches.

For your CPU I would recommend an Intel i7 3.6GHz.

GPU, a Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 (go higher if you have the funds left over).

RAM, at least 8GB. I recommend Corsair.

All that will get you playing Battlefield 4 and thensome. $1500 is more than enough for these + other components.

Agree with above. Things truly haven't changed very much in building a computer. You buy the fastest of everything you can afford.

If you have to compromise there are ways to do it. For example, I wouldn't go below 8Gb of RAM as a minimum. On the other hand, my main gaming rig has a Nvidia 560 in it, and it plays games at 1080p just fine. True, I don't have everything set to "Ultra", but you know what? Test it and you'll find the difference isn't as big as you'd think.

Do make sure you have a reasonably beefy Graphics card though.

My gaming rig is outdated but it plays BioShock Infinite in medium settings with negligible frame drop.

But since you are going to build one, I suggest what Eleglas said. And yeah, IMO USD1500 is a ridiculously high budget if its gonna be used here in the Philippines. You can get a setup that is gonna last a fairly long time that it could probably play the incoming fourth and fifth installment of the Crysis games (if there are ever gi\oing to be, and Crysis is kinda like my benchmark... which is kinda mainstream but it works well as a benchmark) on fairly high settings.

Both of these guys are correct. $1500 just to max Battlefield 4 will get you there and then some. I would say that a 660 TI would be a reasonable step up from the 660.

1000€/$

CPU:          Intel Core i5-4440 Boxed
_Alternativ: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 Boxed

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3
_Alternativ: ASUS H87-Pro (C2) or ASRock B85M Pro4

RAM:          8GB Crucial 1600MHz CL9
_Alternativ: 8GB G.Skill 1333MHz CL9

Graphics:  R9 290 or Geforce GTX770 Phantom Edition

Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power E9 480W
_Alternativ:        Sea Sonic G-Series G-550 550W or be quiet! System Power 7 500W

1st Storage:     Samsung SSD 840 Evo Series 250GB
_Alternativ:        Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB or Crucial M500 240GB

2nd Storage:    Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB
_Alternativ:        Seagate Desktop SSHD 1TB orWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

Drives:           LG GH24NSB0
_Alternativ:     LG BH16NS40

Case:         Corsair Carbide Series 300R
_Alternativ: Cooler Master N500 or Antec Three Hundred Two

I know it only a small part that is not mandatory to buy when you build a new computer but I would recommend the cooler master Hyper 212 evo Cpu fan. It amazing, super quiet and give me about 50-55 celsius on load (if my memory is right...).

The stock fan that come with your Cpu most of the time are average or super loud

I got a AMD FX 8350 cpu and the stock fan that came with was so loud it feel like was a motorbike next to me....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

A cpu fan is not mandatory to buy since one come with your Cpu anyway but in case that you dont like it or you want better cooling the one above is pretty good.

I buy this one about 2 month ago and I love it.

I can generally agree with the first response being what is most important, however for the remaining components (case, motherboard etc.) I would do careful research I know a friend who got a motherboard 'cheap' and it ended up letting heat build up and fry his CPU.

He would have known that if he had read the reviews of the part, but just research the parts and you should be good to go.

Because I don't know the exact prices for computer hardware where you live, I can only give an approximate estimation of the costs.

Intel i5 processors should suffice well if you're just into gaming. i7 is usually the choice when it comes to heavy rendering and editing.

I'd recommend getting at least a 4570, preferably a 4670k.

When it comes to graphics cards, you want at least an 660 ti. The AMD equivalent would be and R9 270X.

Here, I'd recommend a GTX 770 or R9 280X, depending on the price. Just remember to get one with a good cooler.

Now, onto RAM. 8 gigabytes of 1600mhz is usually the sweet spot. You can upgrade to 16 GB later if you feel the need for it.

Motherboard. You'll need one that fits with the processor. I'll assume that it will be an 1150 mobo. I'd recommend a z87 motherboard, but a b85 can fulfill your basic needs. Just remember, that upgrading your computer with that mobo can be proven difficult.

Power supply. get at leat an 80+ Bronze certification. If you're using a single video card, anything around 600W will be enough, unless you're gonna do some harcore overclocking. Get a modular if you can. Those few extra bucks will let you plug out any cables from the PSU that you don't need, saving space and helping you get a better air flow. If you want it to be future-proof, get at least 750W, preferably silver certificate or higher.

Last but not least, don't underestimate the case.

Feel free to ask more question about this, I'd love to help. Sorry if it all seems a bit organized, but I was kind of into something at the time of writing.