• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BSB

Gaming Burnout: What do?

16 posts in this topic

So, as of recently I've finally reaquired a job and am settling in well with it - each day's actually a bit more entertaining than the last and I'm having some fun. Can't be said for my gaming experiences back home, however. I've grown into the situation that I'm bored with everything and anything gaming related besides watching others play - strange, I know. I have more fun watching it than playing it. 

So I've got the question for all of you, what's brought you back out of your gaming burnouts/when have you gotten burned out previously?

Incidentally, what got me out of the gaming rut that Mass Effect 3 put me in was Angry Joe's videos on YouTube, so maybe watch some of those and find a game worth checking out or revisiting. Also I've found emulators to be a great way to recover from the burnout of new games that suck by visiting the great games of last decade.

Take time off gaming. Like everything else it will get boring if you do it too much. Find something else that entertains you in that time. Preferably something none computer/console related and later return to a game that really interests you. 

I've never been bored of games but I have stopped playing and then not seen any reason to start again.

Usually all it takes for me is to start up my favorite game series(CS) and I remember what all the fuss was about again.

For me it seems that either I dont play at all from time to time, or I play too much :)

It happens sometimes (twice for me) I just do something else. Can't force fun.

Depends, I usually go on netflex for a while or go on Playstation Home to do something else besides gaming.

Just take a break from gaming... Gaming is supposed to be fun, if it isn't well, let it be. May be one day the fun will return, that is what happened to me or it won't in which case it seems you have a lot of other entertaining stuff to do, so no worries ;)

So, as of recently I've finally reaquired a job and am settling in well with it - each day's actually a bit more entertaining than the last and I'm having some fun. Can't be said for my gaming experiences back home, however. I've grown into the situation that I'm bored with everything and anything gaming related besides watching others play - strange, I know. I have more fun watching it than playing it. 

So I've got the question for all of you, what's brought you back out of your gaming burnouts/when have you gotten burned out previously?

Im right where you are, just moved, new job and i just cant bring myself to game as much as id prefer .. this week not even 1 hour gaming, i dunno if im bored or properly burnt out, given i believe we both play MMOs of much time consumption its most likely burnt out over bored and since i was looking forward to ESO until there paywalls started appearing its most likely i just dont wanna pour anymore time into gaming, which isnt something im used to not doing hell at this rate ill have to see my mates and socialize more often, oh the humanity. I have a ton of games and a few to hundreds of people in certain games that i like to play with but i just feel burnt out and its been said above but yeah Netflix is taking my spare time right now, i guess i just need to be in the mood for it and im not there, think i`ll be keeping an eye on your thread closely to see what folk say for sure, good thread.

JarlBalgruuftheGreater and BSB like this

I usually just start watching more anime alongside the ongoing season. When the season ends, I usually stop watching anything for 2-3 weeks. That's when I start playing games again every day. Other than that, I usually play games when I get new ones. Don't really have many games that are so engaging that need to be replayed over and over again.

I had this too, once. I just forced myself into playing a relatively new game and finishing it until the end. The feeling you get of accomplishment upon finishing a game is very rewarding, and so I think that once you will achieve that, you'll want to get back into gaming again. 

Time off. There has been multiple occasions when I feel exactly like this and I just take a month away from the games until I see something that makes me want to get back into it or I have an urge. Come to think of it I felt like this just a couple of months ago. Then I found Arma 3 again.

I had this too, once. I just forced myself into playing a relatively new game and finishing it until the end. The feeling you get of accomplishment upon finishing a game is very rewarding, and so I think that once you will achieve that, you'll want to get back into gaming again. 

The only game that I've been able to play is EVE Online - only reason is because I found a new corp with some fun people to hang out with. I barely even play it other than researching/trading while chatting up the local chat along with the corp.

Edit: So I don't think I can really finish that one, haha.

I've been having that feeling to. I've been trying new games but they all bore me and even Skyrim has gotten a bit boring. The only games I want to play is Fallout: NV but half the time it doesn't load properly. The other is minecraft, but I can only play with something in the background and even then I can only play for like an hour. I guess I'll take a week or two from gaming.

The only game that I've been able to play is EVE Online - only reason is because I found a new corp with some fun people to hang out with. I barely even play it other than researching/trading while chatting up the local chat along with the corp.

Edit: So I don't think I can really finish that one, haha.

Just try a short game. In my case it was the newest Devil May Cry, it's only 6-8 hours long. But yeah, I mean, I get your point. Sometimes you've just played enough games for a while and then it's hard to get back into it. 

Dark Souls and indie software were my answers

For me it had to be the one game that always brings a smile on my face, i will sit and play it for a while, then leave it and i would go on to other games again.