• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Frozen_arow

game over!

37 posts in this topic

While we do our best to avoid them, some games have managed to turn there game over sequences into memorable parts of the game. So simply put what is your favorite game over sequence, animation or title screen. Note that it doesn't have to say game over, it just has to let the player know that they failed. 

My pick goes to Metal Gear Solid.

The game over screen for MW2's campaign. I used to play it all the time on the hardest difficulty to get the trophies and every time, which was a lot because the AI just fucking destroys you on that difficulty, it gives you a quote from some unimportant person. These quotes just enraged me every time I saw them, because they just let me know I fucked up. But, that's how I remember it.

Worst game over? That's got to be Tomb Raider (2013) dear lord those are brutal sequences!

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven had a pretty cool game over screen. I liked Rikimaru's the most, biggest reason being how his sword is used as his marker. Even in death he's a badass!

While we do our best to avoid them, some games have managed to turn there game over sequences into memorable parts of the game. So simply put what is your favorite game over sequence, animation or title screen. Note that it doesn't have to say game over, it just has to let the player know that they failed. 

My pick goes to Metal Gear Solid.

Fission Mailed is a classic...!

Worst game over? That's got to be Tomb Raider (2013) dear lord those are brutal sequences!

that game and The Last of Us feature brutal death/game over sequences.

Favorite? Scarface.

"You Fucked Up"

And Fallout 3, where your guy ragdolls and loses body parts like everyone else.

Least favorite would be any fighting game or old games ("wtf is this 'save' thing you're talking about?"), and games like Izuna: The Unemployed Ninja where you don't get a gameover...... You just lose everything you have.

2ofSpades likes this

Game-Over-Man-Game-Over.jpg

And witness the one Game Over screen that has haunted me for over 20 years, and what made me the Xenolover I am today.

So traumatic it was for my young mind that I still dream about it today.

Sometimes I even feel the need to look behind me just to make sure there's not one behind me.

I always look towards dark corners and ceilings - Mostly for spiders.

And I dream of Xenomorphs - Often. Sometimes I even feel some sort of.. fear for my chest..

I wonder how fucked up my mind really is ?_? Maybe I need a shrink.. or a doctor.. or both probably..

Frozen_arow likes this

Conker's bad fur day, where you become a table always makes me mad

Lightning likes this

I'm changing my vote. 0:15 to 0:22. This whole video is full of win so if you have the time watch it lol.

I tend to play games in such a way (or at least try) that I don't fail at all. Of course, when I do fail, I just skip through it as fast as possible to get back into action. Besides that I don't really remember any 'worthwhile' "game over" screens.

What I was going to say lol

Frozen_arow likes this

start at 5:30

Might not look like much right now, but fuck when it first happened to you...

ddrkreature likes this

Dead Space 2 has definitely got the most gruesome death scenes that I have ever scene in any video game. From being ripped to shreds to being puked in the face with acid, Dead Space 2 loves to gloat over your dead corpse every time you fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGbPlTnipCg

Frozen_arow likes this

Conker's bad fur day, where you become a table always makes me mad

That was pretty funny.

I vote for Banjo-Kazooie's game over screen where Gruntilda steals the beauty from Tooty. Grunty becomes hot while Tooty a monster.

I was also watching a best game over screen video once and in it there was this one from an arcade Sega racing game. I never played it but, I found the screen hilarious. 

Ysnar likes this