• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Lawson

Super Street Fighter 4: AE

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I see a lot of FPS but personally I'm more into fighting games and don't see an awful lot of beat'em ups listed in any of the sections. I was wondering how many people here likes these sort of games and I thought I would use my favourite for the topic of discussion. So is there anyone here that plays SSF4: AE? I know there aren't many people in Ireland that plays it since they didn't sell many copies here so really the only way I'm going to how many people actively play it is by branching out to others.

If there is anyone here that plays then I would be interested in arranging a match. Don't worry about my skill level, my highest rank is a B character, lol.

Also up for discussion is the new Ultra Street fighter 4, which I can say right now I will not be getting. I just don't see the point in paying all that money for a few characters copy and pasted out of Street Fighter X Tekken and a patch file. I realise that this will likely bring Crapcom into the discussion but I still think street fighter games are worthy of discussion and admiration despite the poor business practices that drive them.

I play a few fighting games.  Spent a lot of time before in Tekken 3 using Lei.  But nowadays its AE2012 and SFXT casually.  USF4 was exciting at first but when i saw the added characters i quickly lost interest.

I play a few fighting games.  Spent a lot of time before in Tekken 3 using Lei.  But nowadays its AE2012 and SFXT casually.  USF4 was exciting at first but when i saw the added characters i quickly lost interest.

Tekken 3 :D Eddie Gordo was my weapon of chioce, me and my older brother would both play tekken for hours a day and I would usually kick his ass. Strange thing is, he went to an official tournament is Belfast and came first. He got 15 prefects and was only hit once in one round, he was good and all but even my little brother could beat him. My biggest regret was not going to Belfast my self and joining the tournament too. That's probably why I moved away from Tekken and played more street fighter. Characters seem to be more balanced along with game play, where'as with Tekken there was always characters that was obviously better. Newer Tekken games are extremely unbalanced too, you can easily do 100% damage combos in TTT2 if you don't mind beating the living crap out of your opponent while they're on the ground. :\

Eddie Gordo was annoying to fight especially when played well.  I entered a local tournament  before and got bodied by a really good Gordo and he wasn't doing anything i haven't seen before, unfortunately nervousness got the better of me.  that was the 1st and last tourney i ever entered and the end of my fighting game career.  So your main genre of games are fighting?  Or you play other types?

Eddie Gordo was annoying to fight especially when played well.  I entered a local tournament  before and got bodied by a really good Gordo and he wasn't doing anything i haven't seen before, unfortunately nervousness got the better of me.  that was the 1st and last tourney i ever entered and the end of my fighting game career.  So your main genre of games are fighting?  Or you play other types?

I like strategy games and some FPS, modern warfare 1 and BF 3 mostly.

I have it for Steam. My copy on Xbox is broken :\

Wait a minute, does that mean you don't have access to windows live?

I like strategy games and some FPS, modern warfare 1 and BF 3 mostly.

Wait a minute, does that mean you don't have access to windows live?

That a good point, it shouldn't matter we should be able to arrange a match if we get together players. My bad XD

That a good point, it shouldn't matter we should be able to arrange a match if we get together players. My bad XD

Are there many people that play it through steam? It could explain why there isn't much of a community in the hard copy version.

I do not know, but I think they can play with the XBL players, it's currently under Windows Live, which is more or less the exact same thing, you log on using your XBL account. In the future, this Windows Live has crashed and everyone bailing out.

Yeah Bethesda is no longer using the windows live manager and uses steam only. I found that out the hard way when I bought a white label copy of New Vegas and had to create a free stream account to install it. I suspect there will be more companies to follow, although Bethesda's main reason was because of the poor customer services that M$ offers with windows live. 

I don't understand why any Steam title has Windows Live to begin with, the Dawn of War series had it until Retribution and honestly, steam more than big enough to support itself.

I think it's just so that some of the Xbox players can have their gamer scores transferred from PC and not feel alienated from their friends because they're using steam. It doesn't really work as cross platform but I'm able to set up a private chat with my brother when he's on Xbox whilst I'm on a PC. It can be handy if you don't know that many people in RL that is into PC gaming.

I agree there is no Fighting game here. It's a big genre and I think  SF is the best out there. I want to join Ultra Street fighter 4 is up and coming I do intend to play is since SSF 4 AD is the only game that I own from them and I think is the best one. A lot of Pro games here get the stink eye, and all I see people play are some MMOs and time spenders. This is a game you can play for 30 minutes, 1 hour in your day. Much more appealing for grown people I think. But it's a hard game and it needs training. Ideally we should try to get the game Officially approved. But before we waste that chance and get like 5 votes. Let's try to get all together at some day and time. If you haven't been to the TeamSpeak Server brows the Forum to find out how to join the TS. We can join a Channel called MISC and there have a fight session. I just like to know how many are interested in SSF 4, play and train with them. Suggest some times and days that you can join to play. Or if you like when you join to play the game, always enter the MISC 2 channel in the TS. I'm playing it on the PC too throw Steam.
I made a Steam Group if anyone plays it on Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AJSASF