• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Hawko

In the News PewDiePie conquering YouTube

112 posts in this topic

Who do you think has the most subscribers on YouTube? It's not Justin Bieber or the science explainer extraordinaire Vsauce. The YouTube crown goes to a 24-year-old Swede who broadcasts himself playing video games.Felix Kjellberg, better known as PewDiePie, has attracted 22 million YouTube subscribers and a collective 3.5 billion views with his goofy and boisterous series of Let's Play videos.

So much for people who rip on him

Hasn't he been the most watched guy on youtube for awhile now?

Hasn't he been the most watched guy on youtube for awhile now?

Yes.

So much for people who rip on him

I'm not subbed to him so...

Yes.

I'm not subbed to him so...

I've never even watched one of his videos. YouTube put him in the suggestions once, but other than that....

Doshka17 likes this

The crowds do oh so love men who ruin their own pride for cash and fame. Well at least to me it would ruin my pride the way his videos are produced and what kind of crowds he attracts, but to each his own I suppose, he isn't doing any "real" damage to YouTube that Google isn't already doing so yeah.....

The reason why PewDiePie get so much exposure is because he's international. Here's a video to explain how he did it. 

Game Theory is an awesome channel and I recommend you subscribe to it.

I watched a couple of his videos a while ago, just to see what the fuss was all about.  I thought they were awful.  It was just him screaming at games and (very badly) overreacting to jump scares.

I do, however envy the fact that he has made millions of dollars from doing such videos.  Lucky devil.

I find his video's to be entertaining at times, but I only watch a few here and there. I've subscribed to his channel.

I think most of his video's are pretty annoying, but I applaud the way he made it all happen. Making millions from YouTube, a dream for many. 

Narrator likes this

Game Theory explains it rather well I must say.

Overall you can go by the old saying: Money makes Money which can be translated seamlessly into Views make Views.

From a personal standpoint I feel like Pews makes vids mainly for an Audience spanning the age of 12 to 18.

Many past that age don't watch Pewds because of the style how he does his playthroughs which as I said target mostly 12-18 year olds. (not true for everybody ofc)

I don't dislike Pewdiepie personally nor that he struck gold and is a rich man now.

I just dislike his very loud and annoying fans which run around on the internet and proclaim that he's a gaming god.

I'll just admit it, I like the dudes videos.
They mostly demonstrate the "fun" aspect while gaming, which many channels seem to forget.
But they also show how a game plays from a gamers perspective, and because of his comedic persona "pewdiepie" the lets play doesn't turn into a dull, informative, or just stale video like many other peoples lets plays, which shall remain nameless. 

Hawko and Matin Sanguine like this

i just felt like posting this as i now many people who feel the need to slap what he dos around or that he is putting on a AIR to get SUBs but the truth is as we can see with JOEs Outlast Video thats how we really ACT when we play a Game go on play a game for an hour and tape urself you will be SHOCKED at how much u look like PewDiePie play Outlast and u will FREAK out on some parts or play a RTS and watch as u panic as ur army is being Wrecked.

i enjoy his videos greatly even if there is no Real info about what hes playing witch he has tried to fix. But my belief is a game should speak for itself and when u are having that much fun on it and it looks like its fun well most of the time its fun he actly got me to buy and play Outlast.

LordMagus and Cybermat47 like this

I haven't bothered to watch him in a long time.

Is his channel still built on shrieking at every jump scare and rape jokes?

Oh no, now it's everything about crucial philosophical matters, with his high intellect he solves every life problem and explain it to us poor mortals.

Gone, Narrator, Gone too and 1 other like this

What I've heard is that he has stopped the rape jokes but that still doesn't entice me to check more of his videos because overall, his voice still is irritating and isn't very good at video games. Also who the fuck calls their fans "Bros"? I don't call my 500+ subscribers any neat name because I don't see a need to and I still have  much integrity left that PDP has (despite he does donate to charity periodically).

I want to smack him for being an annoying Scandinavian shithead. Even more so for his awful fans who suck the poo crust off his anus, I can't stand them because of their childish mob mentality and lame insults (IE jealous, etc). This applies to the other super popular integrityless folks like RayWilliamJohnson, iJustine, Smosh, Nigahiga, Holasoygerman and others. I also think their popularity also made their ego swell to massive proportions and not in a good way.

Joe may have over a million subs but he still has integrity and honesty in his content which I like and support. I don't know when I started but it was definitely from a few years ago.

A lot of the girls in my highschool are freaking obsessed with him saying how funny he is and crap. Now, i respect him for a youtuber and putting out videos for people to watch, WHAT I HATE, is how he will intentionally scream at anything just to make it a bit more interesting. 

All hate aside though, he does have some videos that i can actually enjoy but because its so little i am not subbed to him nor do i watch many of his videos.

Tried watching one of his videos. Stopped when he said his name.

Orpo likes this

Think I watched a bit of one of his videos once...once! Thought my sanity had been lost completely.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't really like PewDiePIe, glad I can have my AJSA shelter here from that smut. Seriously, I mean it is awesome that you have 22 million subs, really, but I think there are well more founded channels, with good presentation, quality content, that deserve your sub, not just because you over-react to every game you play just to appease your masses.

Any youtube that can get away with playing what they want, and the subs still enjoy the content is worthy of my subscription to them, not the over-abundance of Happy Wheels videos that are polluting youtube.

Well, I would rather it be someone like TotalBiscuit but I don't really care what Pewdiepie does or how many subscribers he has, it doesn't really effect anything.

I'm proud to be a bro.

Although I wish some of the other bros weren't such massive assholes.

And I wish some of the non-bros weren't such massive assholes.

What you have to understand about PewDiePie is that he absoloutely loves his subscribers. That's why he has so many. It's not about the screaming and the yelling and the shitting of pants, it's the genuine (or fake depending on your opinion of him) love for his subscribers. That's why he calls us 'bros'. It's that affection that's made him #1 on YouTube, and yes, the loyalty he inspires can create those bros who really piss you off.

But is whining about how annoying PewDiePie is and how his fans 'suck the poo crust of his anus' any better than what you don't like about his fans? Perhaps, if you think PewDiePie is so bad, and his fans so stupid, you should just ignore them instead of going out of your way to insult them? Otherwise, you're on he same level as the worst of his fans.

I'm a bro, and I get along fine with non-bros. It's called respecting someone's opinions.

Delete this post.

Not the one above this one, just this one.

It's pretty pointless now.