• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

bolpog

Scrap singleplayer in battlefield?

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should DICE get rid of single player in future Battlefield games?

• No, keep SP
    • Yes, focus on MP

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

Just wondering what you guys think, especialy with Titanfall coming out with no single player.

and who knows, maybe someone from DICE might see this poll ;)

EDIT: Changed the wording of the poll to be more obvious, the votes still mean the same. 

Of course not, single player games are still as popular as ever. But that's not the same as meaning some games should have it. Titanfall doesn't, which Is fine. Battlefield could do without it, unless DICE actually puts some effort into it.

It's a complicated subject, and there's no single answer, It all depends on the games. Some games can do without it, and some games are all about single player.

Cybermat47 likes this

I love SP games, but some games don't really need it. I would rather focus on multiplayer on games like Battlefield because that's where the fun is in that series. SP with missions was introduced in BF only in Bad Company and before that the series survived and flourished without singleplayer missions, so no, Battlefield doesn't need SP, but that's just my opinion.

bolpog likes this

Of course not, single player games are still as popular as ever. But that's not the same as meaning some games should have it. Titanfall doesn't, which Is fine. Battlefield could do without it, unless DICE actually puts some effort into it.

It's a complicated subject, and there's no single answer, It all depends on the games. Some games can do without it, and some games are all about single player.

But about battlefield specifically? Yay or nay?

But about battlefield specifically? Yay or nay?

Depends. If they can make a good campaign, both with a decent story, and gameplay elements that prepare you for multiplayer, then keep it. If not, just scrap it and focus on multiplayer.

bolpog likes this

it at least makes the DICE not look half ass and lazy, even knowing the single player is there kind of makes you feel like the $60 price tag is more worth it. knowing how BF4 would have been at launch and if they wouldn't have put time in for a SP, then i wouldn't have bothered buying it tell the first sale or price drop.

Games can still have both good SP and MP look at Halo, would you not be pissed if they dropped SP in that game, Devs need to focus on it more and make it better, rather then less or not at all.

Cybermat47 likes this

I'm surprised that no-one mentioned bots in multiplayer... its a great way to practice if no-ones online.  Sadly, they've been removed from other games for so long now.  I hope they put them back as an option.

bolpog likes this

I would scrap SP in Battlefield, they would have put in more time to fix all the bugs than giving us crapy Single Player Experience and buggy Multiplayer...

I would scrap SP in Battlefield, they would have put in more time to fix all the bugs than giving us crapy Single Player Experience and buggy Multiplayer...

Since they already made BF4, there is no point in ignoring SP, but I wouldn't be disappointed, if in the next BF game, they decided to rather perfect MP than spend time on SP. Bf3 and Bf4 are kind of campaigns that I decide to finish once, just to see the story and get extra unlocks, it's not the kind of singeplayer game that will make me play it for days and days...not to mention something like Skyrim where I spent 1000h on.

I think Battlefield should be all about multiplayer because it's always been all about multiplayer in Battlefield series. I would like DICE to concentrate only on it and perfect it.

bolpog likes this

id like MP only if they cut the price down $10-$20 then.

id like MP only if they cut the price down $10-$20 then.

Last 4 games I bought including Guild Wars 2, BF3 and BF3 Premium I bought on one website where games cost a lot less. GW2 costs about 50 or $60 even now, or at least it cost that much when I bought it last summer, but I bought it off that website for $30, bought BF3 for $20 and same for Bf3 Premium.

When I want to buy a game and I really feel like playing it, waiting for the official prices to come down takes a while, but this website has low prices all the time, not to mention they lower them even more at times...great website to keep an eye out if you wish to buy a game, but don't want to spend $50 or more. Check it out, BF4 is 32 euros there =D

The site is 100% legit, if you don't believe me, google it^^

Unless you prefer to buy games officially aka via Origin, Steam etc

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/

bolpog and Ysnar like this

Single player always allows newbies to a game a chance to incur some experience, which is never a bad thing.

Scrap SP, include bots in MP. You know? Like the old Battlefield games...

I think this is the best way. The training grounds was nice but bots would be better.

But then again, maybe programming decent AI would take more time than making a SP campaign? Not sure.

UT 2004 and Quake 3 had some of the best bots I've seen... they're fun to play against and I love the comments that they make... even though it does get old after a while.

Don't scrap it but goddamn make it better then BF4 there was so much wrong with BF4's campaign was so bad I wish I could forget it. I can barely briefly tell you what's wrong with it 1. All the unnecessary killing. 2.The main character your supposed to be the squad leader yet your playing a silent protagonist that takes orders from people who are lower rank then you. 3.Irish goddamn Irish at first I thought he was a cool guy but then when Hannah join the squad I was like ahem... SHUT UP YOU WHINY ASS BITCH WE FUCKING GET IT YOU DON'T LIKE HANNAH YOU DON'T TRUST HANNAH DESPITE SHE'S NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO MAKE YOU NOT TRUST HER SO GET THE FUCK OVER IT YOUR WORSE THEN ASHLEY FROM RE4 SHE AT LEAST FOLLOWED ORDERS AND DIDN'T GET THE MAIN CHARACTER IN TROUBLE WITH HIS CO SO SUCK IT UP POINT YOUR GUN AT THE ENEMY AND SHOOT!!! *Takes a deep breath.* Yeah I have problems with the campaign.

EDIT: I also tend to type horribly when I angrily type on my phone.

bolpog likes this

HOW DARE YOU SIR! HOW DARE YOU! No, but seriously, I actually enjoy single player FPSs. Though I would actually like to see the two pieces of content (SP & MP) unlinked from each other. Giving the ability to purchase one or the other or both. On top of that, have two teams with one focused on each so that each aspect of the game can flourish. Only reason I still play CoD, is to wait till I can pick it up for $10 or less to play the SP. (Yes, I realize it isn't that great either but not everybody can be a Crisis or Far Cry)

AverageSpacePope, Ysnar and bolpog like this

Does anyone remember the co-op from Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or BF3.  I really liked the co-op missions from BF3 as they were diverse and added some variety to the game other then just adding boring shooting ranges to the game. As a result, they were kinda fun. In my opinion, DICE should expand upon the co-op from their last games and turn it into a co-op game mode with its own story. That way, even if the co-op does suck, you can at least share your pain with a friend rather than by yourself. 

If DICE does decide to create a single-player campaign in their next BF game, then they should improve it by actually taking advantage of the vehicles that are in the game. In both BF3 and BF4's campaigns, there is a strange lack of vehicle combat. If they design more levels to be vehicle focused (and actually let you drive the god damn jet, I'm looking at you BF3) then the levels should feel less repetitive and boring as a result. Another thing that DICE could add to the formula is player choice. If DICE allow the player to take on a mission however they want (like in the multiplayer), the player will have the freedom to experiment with all of the games different mechanics. If the player wants to crash a jet into that helicopter then let them. If the player wants to steal a tank and explore the environment then let them. The freedom of choice is what makes BF multiplayer so fun to play. DICE needs to put what makes the multiplayer good into their single-player.

Oh, one last thing, DICE needs to spend more then a weekend on developing single-player portions of their games. Whats the point of making a single-player campaign for a game when your not going to even try whilst making it.

bolpog likes this

The fact that there isn't a singleplayer for Titalfall is the reason i'll be waiting for a price decrease, I can't bring myself to buy half a game for full price.

I have never touched the singleplayer.  Battlefield is such an intensive multiplayer game I am sure no one goes to the store and says, "I'm buying this for the 4 or 5 hour singleplayer!  Yay!"  Now if it had four player coop and was a bit longer, then of course keep it.  But development time, money, and man power should be put into multiplayer to make it run right.  We all know that is not what happened with BF4.  Sort of wish it had.

The Battlefield franchise started of complete mp btw.

The single player should be what it was in the past. Muyltiplayer maps with bots and a historical story. I enjoyed that a lot.

That's what a lot of people want Riekopo.  But what about coop?  I am wanting to have a great singleplayer story with a cooperative component built right in there with it.  I also think this is what they should do for Star Wars Battlefront.

For the main BF series, no, scrap SP completely.

If its a spin-off series like Hardline and Bad Company, then there should be a SP. I feel like the spin-offs offer a much better laid out campaigns than the boring campaigns in BF3 and BF4.