• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Your favorite Battlefield game?

30 posts in this topic

I must say, mine would be Battlefield 2.

I don't know what it is, it might be because it was my 2nd multiplayer game that I played a lot. It was the game that made me the all nighter. I remember my first BF2 Multiplayer night. It was Friday, I went to play around 8pm and I played till around 4am...it was awesome. I remember the last round before I quit was a game on Wake Island. I loved the commander mode and simply all the things BF2. I loved the community and I simply loved the game. It was very team-oriented and the features it had, including the commo rose made it possible to easily tell your team what to do, when to help etc

When I was a squad leader, I knew I was a squad leader...different shout outs, you could request in artillery and other stuff...in BF3, the only difference was you had a star next to your name.

Overall, my best BF games must be BF2, BFBC2 and Bf3. I haven't tried BF4 yet, I played it on my friend's account for a while, but it didn't fit me...I will still have to give it a 2nd chance when I get enough cash to buy it.

What's your best BF game? =)

Tie between BF2 and BF2142, I played 3 but I didn't like it as much. (I blame the nostalgia) I have yet to play 4.

i played bad company 2 more then any other, that one would have to be my favorite. 

Apex Spartan likes this

i played bad company 2 more then any other, that one would have to be my favorite. 

The arcadey feeling was awesome :D

CaptainKickass69 likes this

Ofcourse this opinion will be made with rose-tinted nostagia glasses but for me the 2 I remember most fondly are BF 2142 and Desert Combat mod for BF1942

Apex Spartan likes this

Tie between BF2142 and BC2 for me.

2142 was one of the first multiplayer games I really got into, and I really loved the unique and somewhat quirky feel of it. It was scifi in a time when scifi wasn't big, it had those weird LMGs that got more accurate as you fired, and the rifle grenades that were actually rockets that you could set to detonate by distance and kill people behind cover, and the giant Metal Gear-esque mechs, and actual asymmetrical faction vehicles, and TITAN MODE! Damn I miss the titans, it was such a badass feeling assaulting one of those, then scrambling to jump to safety before it exploded.

BC2 was the only other BF game I really got into, and I played the hell out of it without even realizing. It wasn't until BF3 that I realized how much I prefer infantry based combat over vehicle based. And damn did I love that slug shotgun that could snipe dudes from 70-100m away.

I was a infantry kind of guy myself, but I still flew a lot of jets and choppers.

I bought my first (cheapo) joystick just for flying those helicopters. But I was no good because I'd always charge straight in(after blowing up the enemy copter) and get mobbed by infantry with AA launchers.

Was BC2 the one where you could snipe helicopter pilots, or was that BF3?

Both, but it was more fun in BFBC2...at least for me.

I flew choppers on mouse and keyboard, honestly I got used to it and I liked it. 

I bought my first (cheapo) joystick just for flying those helicopters. But I was no good because I'd always charge straight in(after blowing up the enemy copter) and get mobbed by infantry with AA launchers.

i thought you could snipe pilots since 2?

i thought you could snipe pilots since 2?

I think you can, but I don't know, I can't remember =/

Mine would be a tie with BF2/BF2142 (They're pretty much the same. BF2142 felt like an expansion more than a separate game) and BFBC2. That was true destruction. BF4 has some better destruction than BF3, but I still think that it's not nearly as good as BFBC2.

Mine would have to be Battlefield 3.

Well, I would have to agree with this one for sure.  I thought the map size, modes, etc were absolutely perfect.  The controls weren't the best but the fun factor was beyond anything.  Honestly, I hope Star Wars Battlefront is more like Bad Company 2 than BF4.  I like BF4's controls though.  They are stellar.  So smoosh the controls from BF4 into the gameplay of Bad Company 2 and add a shitload of Star Wars, and I will be very happy...very happy indeed.

BF3, because it's the only one I own that came from the EA humble Bundle sale.

The original and its expansions definitely. Battlefield is slowly losing its identity.

I've only played 3, and 4 so by default 3.

I will have to say BF1942. When that game came out, everyone lost their s***. We were so stoked to be able to drive tanks, jeeps, AND fly planes and bombers. Plus the issues I had do to the fact I was running a Voodoo Vid Card in my PC, the game had bugs even in the beginning. But it all got worked out. I bought joysticks for the planes, then the Desert Combat came out. Aah the good ole times. And I was out of High School when it came out, so yes I was (and kind of still am) a big gaming dork. I was hitting up LAN parties almost every weekend and 1942 was played big time. Along with Tribes, Quake, and CS. 

Heyyo,

Battlefield 2 was the first for sniping pilots. Using the Barret .50 cal sniper rifle only. The others couldn't penetrate the glass.

My favorite in the series so far? Bad Company 2. The singleplayer campaign was loads of fun, the multiplayer was extremely fun... and the sound effects... probably my favorite sound effects in any game. :)

Battlefield 2 is my runner up with the many enjoyable hours I've had with my friends. Third is Battlefield: Vietnam. Had many many hours of fun.. besides, it was good times blasting the radio in vehicles to let everyone on the map know how badass you are... and even in that game, everyone hated the surfin' bird song hahaha... :)

1942 because it was so much fun. The only Battlefield game I played after that was 1943 on consoles, until recently with battlefield 3.

I have Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2 (with Special Force expansion), Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4. One of my favorite Battlefield franchise game is Battlefield 2. Someday, I will work for EA and develop the Battlefield game with DICE. This game I'm planning to develop the Battlefield franchise is called Battlefield World inspired by Bohemia Interactive Studio's ARMA. I will focus on open world. Because I came up idea. Response to Forza Horizon development. After I left EA, I will focus on spiritual successor to Battlefield World. Remember my kickstarter game project that I'm planning to develop the game? I just posted it on this forum.

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/16200-do-you-want-to-develop-a-game/page-2

ThE_MarD likes this

2142 Was the absolute Nuts I would not mind them doing another one like that.

If Battlefield games are going to have a campaign mode then instead of GENERIC MILITARY SHOOTER STORY! Like in 3 and 4 can we get the Bad Company Boys back? BFBC1 was fun as fuck. And it added a little bit to the MP game as well when you could hear the commander freaking out that you were losing the gold in rush.

(Side note why is Rush so crap in BF4? It was the best game mode in BFBC - BF3 and in 4 it sucks.)

ThE_MarD likes this

Heyyo, 

I have Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2 (with Special Force expansion), Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4. One of my favorite Battlefield franchise game is Battlefield 2. Someday, I will work for EA and develop the Battlefield game with DICE. This game I'm planning to develop the Battlefield franchise is called Battlefield World inspired by Bohemia Interactive Studio's ARMA. I will focus on open world. Because I came up idea. Response to Forza Horizon development. After I left EA, I will focus on spiritual successor to Battlefield World. Remember my kickstarter game project that I'm planning to develop the game? I just posted it on this forum.

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/16200-do-you-want-to-develop-a-game/page-2

That's a cool idea... but I'd recommend changing the name. DICE or EA could sue you for infringing on their game series... which could cause you a lot of headaches just like Mojang vs Bethesda when it came to the game "Scrolls" as shown here...

http://www.gamesradar.com/mojang-and-zenimax-settled-scrolls-dispute/

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is my most favourite. :D

I totally agree bro. BFBC2 was the perfect mix of Singleplayer FPS, Multiplayer FPS fun and the weapon balance was pretty darn good by the last patch. :)

2142 Was the absolute Nuts I would not mind them doing another one like that.

If Battlefield games are going to have a campaign mode then instead of GENERIC MILITARY SHOOTER STORY! Like in 3 and 4 can we get the Bad Company Boys back? BFBC1 was fun as fuck. And it added a little bit to the MP game as well when you could hear the commander freaking out that you were losing the gold in rush.

(Side note why is Rush so crap in BF4? It was the best game mode in BFBC - BF3 and in 4 it sucks.)

You could always try Planetside 2... it's kind of like 2142 with a futuristic battlefield feeling, just with a lot more players at once. ;)
Peaceabsurd339 likes this

Don't forget the Vietnam expansion for Battlefield Bad Company 2! :D Probably the best DLC for the entire Battlefield franchise for me. :)