• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Cybermat47

Keep safe everybody

21 posts in this topic

Ok, as we all know, the Russian Federation is currently taking military action against the Ukraine.

I don't want to cause unnecessary panic, but as we all know there is the very real possibility that the situation could escalate into a war between Russia and the EU/NATO.

There is also the possibility that this could result in a global exchange of nuclear warheads.

Although I'm only 14 years old, and have much to learn about the world, I know that in a nuclear war, there can be no winners. Everybody loses. The lucky ones die from the outset. In the weeks after a nuclear war, the land dries up, the sun will not be seen for 10 years as nuclear winter blankets the world, and life simply stops.

I just want to wish good luck to everyone here, no matter what country you're from, no matter which side you've taken. Please, everybody, stay safe.

And let's hope that I'm just being overly paranoid.

I'm also watching Threads right now. That's sure to help.

I'm copying this post to most, if not all, the forums I participate in.

The world needs death due to overpopulation and little reforms of society. Society has become too stale and it needs to change.
War is inevitable - It's just a question of when, and if it'll end with WW4 being fought with sticks and rocks.

Emphase likes this

The world needs death due to overpopulation and little reforms of society. Society has become too stale and it needs to change.

War is inevitable - It's just a question of when, and if it'll end with WW4 being fought with sticks and rocks.

WW4? What about WW3?

In terms of cold logic, you're right.

WW4? What about WW3?

It's an Einstein quote.

"I don't know what weapons will be used in WW3, but I know WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

Basically, the world got blown up to the stone age.

And as much as we like to discuss The End, it's not gaming related... So... Yeah.

Rainversey likes this

Relax, the worst case scenario, Crimea becomes part of Russia (or best if your Russia) best case scenario, we all get cake.

Although I believe in what i say, I do have a tendency to be wrong in these situations

And as much as we like to discuss The End, it's not gaming related... So... Yeah.

Well, I did post it in General Discussion, but yeah, you do have a point.

Contrary to popular belief, the world is not overpopulated at all. There was a study not long ago that showed if we took every human being alive on the planet we could fit the entire population into Los Angeles, standing shoulder to shoulder through the streets and what-not.

But I digress. I very much doubt there will be any exchange of Nuclear weapons, or possibly any military actions which would lead to war. Russia and the west have had their disagreements before, much bigger and frightening ones too. The Cuban Missile crisis for example, the Bay of Pigs invasion, even the Shagohod... oh wait... forget that last one.

The point is, while a war is definitely inevitable that doesn't mean it's going to happen now, and certainly not that it means it will involve nuclear weapons. Everyone else knows that a nuclear war is a no-win scenario; as stupid as we think politicians are, they're not that stupid.

Contrary to popular belief, the world is not overpopulated at all. There was a study not long ago that showed if we took every human being alive on the planet we could fit the entire population into Los Angeles, standing shoulder to shoulder through the streets and what-not.

But I digress. I very much doubt there will be any exchange of Nuclear weapons, or possibly any military actions which would lead to war. Russia and the west have had their disagreements before, much bigger and frightening ones too. The Cuban Missile crisis for example, the Bay of Pigs invasion, even the Shagohod... oh wait... forget that last one.

The point is, while a war is definitely inevitable that doesn't mean it's going to happen now, and certainly not that it means it will involve nuclear weapons. Everyone else knows that a nuclear war is a no-win scenario; as stupid as we think politicians are, they're not that stupid.

As for overpopulation. Not per square inch say no, but we are, overpopulated.

We've fished several species in the ocean to extinction levels already. We've hunted several animals to extinction levels (most notably the Tiger).

And so forth and so forth.

I do not believe in illuminati, but I fully believe that there are assholes behind the curtains that really want a war to be happening soon.

Emphase likes this

Nato won't declare war on russia. They're not that stupid.

Russia won't declare war on nato either.

Berserker likes this

836205255_1378640696.jpg

LoreMaster and Eleglas like this

Okay, so, allow me to play out what the worst case scenario could be.

*Ukraine demands Crimea back as they consider it part of Ukraine*

*Russia lols and tells Ukraine to gtfo*

*The EU and US decide to boycot all forms of russian fossil fuels*

*Russia lols and acts like it doesn't need our money*

*Russia nearly suffers a seizure afer it realizes half of it's income is based upon it's export on fossil fuels*

*Russian economy collapses once more*

*Russians get upset* 

*The US takes this moment of weakness to attempt to invade Crimea*

*China comes knocking on the door of the White house to show this sheet of paper*

*Sheet of paper reads " I.O.U. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS", signed by Bush and Obama*

*US retreats it's troops mid-transport*

* Putin says sorry, gives back half of Crimea or something and begs for our need of fuels and his economy to become friends at least.*

*Story of Crimea will be forgotten in 10 years.* 

Couple of things.

First off, there Is absolutely no reason to even begin imagining that a nuclear war is going to occur. I don't even think the Russians have engaged the Ukrainian Army yet, if they even will. And there's a giant fuckton of a gap between an army skirmish, and full on nuclear warfare. As others have stated, politicians are not that dumb. Not to declare war on Russia, or authorize the use of nuclear weapons in a conflict of this size.

Secondly, political topics, unless gaming related are not at all allowed here. I'm pretty sure this qualifies.

Apex Spartan likes this

Secondly, political topics, unless gaming related are not at all allowed here. I'm pretty sure this qualifies.

I'm not sure if they are not allowed here, but I would understand why they should be banned. In previous clan I was in, one of our guys rage quit from the clan because his political view was different from most...it was the dumbest thing to happen. Politics and gaming just don't blend together. Even best friends can have a serious quarrel over politics, but online...it can turn brutal. 

If people will continue with this topic, I would suggest keeping it totally civil without any aggressive posts for someone's different view at politics or specifically at this situation. 

I'm not sure if they are not allowed here, but I would understand why they should be banned. In previous clan I was in, one of our guys rage quit from the clan because his political view was different from most...it was the dumbest thing to happen. Politics and gaming just don't blend together. Even best friends can have a serious quarrel over politics, but online...it can turn brutal. 

If people will continue with this topic, I would suggest keeping it totally civil without any aggressive posts for someone's different view at politics.

No they are really not allowed. It's in the CoC:

Furthermore don't type bump in a post just to put it at the top and also we do not allow any threads regarding religion or politics on these forums unless they are gaming related.

Apex Spartan likes this

I'm guessing a moderator should come here and close the thread and by that time...I'm getting out of here

AbandonThread.gif

Berserker likes this

WW4? What about WW3?

WW3 has already been going on for years, just not in the regular form we've all used to see.

As for the thread and Ukraine itself - the thread is completely bonkers and has no place in this forums and no one will start a nuclear war without a reason. Yes, I believe that the matter of Ukraine should be left to the involved parties. And US should especially stay out of it as they're not a good example when it comes to invading others.

WW3 has already been going on for years, just not in the regular form we've all used to see.

Then It's not really a "World War", is it?

I agree with the rest of your post though.

Then It's not really a "World War", is it?

I agree with the rest of your post though.

Look at it from a bureaucratic standpoint basically. If the previous wars were fought by soldiers, then WW3 is being fought by 'pen-pushers'.

Look at it from a bureaucratic standpoint basically. If the previous wars were fought by soldiers, then WW3 is being fought by 'pen-pushers'.

I agree that something like that is occurring, but I don't think labeling it a World War is correct. War by definition Is an armed and violent conflict, what you're referring to, I don't think, qualifies as a war, much less a worldwide one.

Please refrain from creating political topics, we are a gaming community and if you feel the need to discuss this matter there are plenty of forums for this kind of talk. We are here for fun not for discussing the problems in the world regardless what they may be. This thread is locked and consider this a final warning on this matter.