• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

soviet biscut

corporate commander strikes my childhood

21 posts in this topic

When I was young I loved Lego games. ( yea I'm going to Lego's.) But back then they were funny because of the way they mumbled and just plain silly. But recent years corporate commander bites Lego. They talk. LEGOS TALK AND THEY ARE MORE SEIROUS. I mean come on I played 3 modern ones because my brother loves them and he wants me playing with him. But corporate commander has not to low does he? I loved Lego's but now I can't look at even the plastic ones. My God. It's just downright angering. Bye piece 4 of my childhood corporate

Commander takes from me.

You lost me at Lego games. To me Legos were 100+ piece sets that actually took time to put together and looked bad assery when done.

you obviously haven't seen me putting together 100+ lego peice sets together then...huh? 

You lost me at Lego games. To me Legos were 100+ piece sets that actually took time to put together and looked bad assery when done.

Early 20s and our members continue to make me feel old.

Nonsense! The new image of the Lego franchise has been made to appease a wider audience. Our beloved Corporate Commander, in his eternal wisdom, has decided that we can earn more dollars by injecting pop culture jokes into the games and adding pristine pop songs to the sound track.

What fan wouldn’t approve of seeing Lego bricks being moved around while Lady Gaga is singing her latest hit? Corporate Commander has spoken and we will obey, we need more talking Lego bricks and to lose the witty image. Lego will be more serious and grim.

I can already hear the money pouring in!

LEGO LEGO! WTF EVER HAPPENED TO THESE GUYS 61BwGvpyKnL._AA1200_.jpg

Well, coming from my experience with people who had these guys. Those things went down this path:

Toy > Reserved army toy force for play use > Battle Zone display > Collectibles > Thrown out

It's for your own good.

Childhood memories?

DON'T NEED IT!!!

Agent! You are not even wearing your tag!

.... Are you on a subtle mission for the Commander?

Nonsense! The new image of the Lego franchise has been made to appease a wider audience. Our beloved Corporate Commander, in his eternal wisdom, has decided that we can earn more dollars by injecting pop culture jokes into the games and adding pristine pop songs to the sound track.

What fan wouldn’t approve of seeing Lego bricks being moved around while Lady Gaga is singing her latest hit? Corporate Commander has spoken and we will obey, we need more talking Lego bricks and to lose the witty image. Lego will be more serious and grim.

I can already hear the money pouring in!

You killed Kenny but you didn't kill South Park HA. HA!

It's for your own good.

Childhood memories?

DON'T NEED IT!!!

Nobody heals from his own childhood (con le dovute scuse a ZeroCalcare)!

Well first of all I'm a bit appalled someone here was young when the first LEGO games came around... 

But that shock aside, I don't see what's wrong at all with the current LEGO games. Batman 2 was much better than the first and it was the first with voices. LOTR and Marvel were spot-on with the characterizations and while there's value in the silent movie thing I much prefer the fully voiced titles, it's a matter of preference really. One of the probable motives for the earlier games not being voiced is they're relatively old, some were on the PS1 for example.

What I mean by this is that I just approved older Lego games than modern ones. I like the mumble like talking and how they are silly. You are all open to your own opinion because I told you mine

Well first of all I'm a bit appalled someone here was young when the first LEGO games came around... 

*schnip*

Yeah.  Just remember that the original Lego Star Wars game came out almost NINE years ago. If someone was, say, 10 when it came out, they would be 18, almost 19 now.

LEGO LEGO! WTF EVER HAPPENED TO THESE GUYS 

(look up for picture)

If you think stepping on a Lego is bad you don't know the real fear of those damned army men.

Yeah.  Just remember that the original Lego Star Wars game came out almost NINE years ago. If someone was, say, 10 when it came out, they would be 18, almost 19 now.

I was 24 when that game came out.

When people bring up LEGO, I see this....

Lego_Color_Bricks.jpg

I was 24 when that game came out.

When people bring up LEGO, I see this....

Lego_Color_Bricks.jpg

I was like... 5 when those games first came out.

That's what I see as well. If only because you just plastered the image in front of my face....

LEGO LEGO! WTF EVER HAPPENED TO THESE GUYS 61BwGvpyKnL._AA1200_.jpg

We found video games and lost the love of using our imaginations. We now rely on crappy recycled stories and instead of coming up with our own better ones we just bitch and moan.

Agent! You are not even wearing your tag!

.... Are you on a subtle mission for the Commander?

Gee thanks for blowing his cover. You have failed the commander and will be dealt with accordingly.