• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jitterdoomer

Warhammer 40K: Storm of Vengeance

Warhammer 40K: Storm of Vengeance   24 members have voted

1. 1. Will he review this game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

I can't believe Eutechnyx (the developer of the infamous Ride to Hell) screwed up the Warhammer 40K franchise! I saw this at the end of the kickass Stick of Truth review and I looked forward for his Angry Review since Ride to Hell or Mindjack.

It isn't the first Wh40k licenced game that's a piece of garbage. Like all other licended games (just take South Park, games of witch franchise ranged from garbage to even worse than garbage), Warhammer 40.000 was considered untill Dawn of War to be full of garbage games.

They haven't screwed it up.
They merely made a very simplistic game of it.

It certainly looks like garbage. I've seen the trailer on Steam. It could be a cute game for phones, ecouse they have limited and slower interface options, but for a PC no.

I can't believe Eutechnyx (the developer of the infamous Ride to Hell) screwed up the Warhammer 40K franchise!

How can't you believe that a bad developer made a bad game? Or did you mean that you can't believe how they even got the license?

I think TB already explained this well enough in his video about this certain game, so AJ's 'review' would be another dead horse kickfest. Even if he would make a review out of it in the next week or so, it still wouldn't be review, but an early look at the game.

Here is the video

For those who don't like his content, he explains the history of Warhammer 40k video game side, and then he explains what problems the game has. The problems are confusing advertising (earlier it had ''beta'' in its title, but it wasn't in the early access category), clone of their older title with difference being the 40k assets (even the tutorial texts are completely copy pasted from the original game) with less details and complexity in the tech trees.

My big problem with this is that they just slap the 40k on it, and clone their own game with expectations that people would buy it with €10, when the original game costs around 5€

Maghorn likes this

I still think it would be a good review, because it could probably stop some people from buying this terrible game.

I don't think Joe should do a review on it. TB, as stated above, has already done a synopsis of the whole ordeal and I don't see how Joe could make an nice long video on a game so small.

I saw TB's video and it looks like another Flashback remake but the design looked generic and it's little bit good, I remember that most Eutechnyx's games received from negative to a mixed review. Eutechnyx's main focus is on racing games as you can see on their company's website. This game is a cashed-in copy and paste.

it's almost a certainty that he will review/expose/trash it.

I just want to throw in that this doesn't ruin the 40k License one bit. It is a fairly terrible game. A rip off of there own game Ninja Cats v Samurai Dogs and a shameless cash in riding on the dwindling fame of DOW II.

It however does not take any artistic license with the 4oK universe or try to force any type of hideous fluff.

It is a bad game but as a 40K fan I can tell you the fan base will be quicker to denounce a good game with terrible, lore breaking stories/characters than a bad game that doesn't really do anything.

The main problem is that the head Satans of Games Workshop have been very obviously nickel and diming the franchise over the past years right down to codex's and models in an effort to get better short term profits at the expense of long term fan loyalty and profits.

dont worry people just wait till we get our first 40k cow clicker

Thus far all the Games have been oficcialy considered cannon. Original DoW even gad one of the Black Library's writers on it (even f it was the worst one).

As for GW, it seems it has gotten a new board of directors or a new owner, becouse it has made huge changes - mostly for the worse. Untill very recently they have been greedy. But with the lates edittion the have made their best core rules so far, they have increased the production quality of the Codexes (hard covers with better binding, pring and paper than before) and mostly even the writing and rules wise the the codexes have for most part gotten better.

But then came the Escalation with Lord of War, and new mini titans for some of the races (Tau, Eldar, CSM, imperium). And ruination of the White Dwarf by making it contentless and weekly. And selling the licence to make computer/mobile/console games to everyone - apparently cheaply if someone like the loosers that made Ride to Hell could afford it.

I can't believe GW approved this Ninja Marines versus SamuraI Orks stinking piece of shit.

Isn't Ninja Cats VS. Samurai Dogs made by the same guys as this game and RtH:H or it was from an indie company?

Warhammer 40.000 was considered untill Dawn of War to be full of garbage games.

There were some pretty good games, not every game was Fire Warrior. Space Hulk and Chaos Gate being prime examples. Final Liberation was pretty good too. In general though back in the 90's Warhammer classic was treated better overall.

ps - There's a thread on this abomination already.

Isn't Ninja Cats VS. Samurai Dogs made by the same guys as this game and RtH:H or it was from an indie company?

They're the same.

It's a bad bad world.

^ This is like porting a mobile games to Console or PC, reskinning games may done in the past to censor or removing graphics to localize for Western audiences or to strip off the license for example, Probotector in Europe was a reskinned version of Contra with just robots due to Germany's sensitive laws on violence or Black Belt for Sega Master System which was actually Fist of The North Star/Hokuto No Ken from Japan except they kept the plot from the Anime and made it generic with just a Karate Kid-like theme since America doesn't knew what FoTNS on that time (except for Nintendo FoTNS games) until now.