• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Butarone

Little games you should try

25 posts in this topic

I would like to share some small games I enjoyed playing and if you haven't played them I strongly recommend you to do so.

Also if you know an interesting game feel free to add. 

Shank(1,2) - If you like sidescrolling action games this is a MUST!

Papers please - A unique simulation game, check the documents at a border and provide for your family.

Dont Starve - If you haven't heard of it you should play it like NOW.

Mark of the ninja - stelth action masterpiece.

Primordia - If  point-and-click adventures is your thing you will enjoy this game. Also do not expect much from the plot, it starts promising but the ending can be disappointing.

Cart Life - graphics can be frustrating but if you'll stick with the game you'll have a lot of fun.

Kerbal space program - Do you like space games? Would you like to build your own space ship and visit different planets? If the answer is YES, this game will be your favourite.

The powder toy- Your own lab, experiment with different chemical reactions, blow things up.

Binding of isaac - addictive game, fun time-killer, check it out.

If you consider playing this games check youtube for tralers and gameplay before downloading.

Have fun!

That's an awesome list, played actually all of them, they're all awesome

have to say Cart Life and Kerbal Space Program were my faiv

I loved the cat in Cart Life, Mr.Glombavski, was it?

That's an awesome list, played actually all of them, they're all awesome

have to say Cart Life and Kerbal Space Program were my faiv

I loved the cat in Cart Life, Mr.Glombavski, was it?

Something like that ) Can't remember actually. Probably because I like the girl story much more.

Thank you for this list OP.

I'd also recommend BIT.TRIP RUNNER, a music/rhythm platformer which is a nice time sink.

Thank you for this list OP.

I'd also recommend BIT.TRIP RUNNER, a music/rhythm platformer which is a nice time sink.

Just a heads up, this game will make you rage hardcore. Though the satisfaction you get from completing a level is well worth the pain.

My pick for a game is Hotline Miami. It is a top-down action game where you viciously murder rooms of goons using a variety of weapons. The soundtrack is exhilarating, and the story is interesting. I really don't want to spoil more, just try it out if you have not played it yet!  

Butarone likes this

Just a heads up, this game will make you rage hardcore. Though the satisfaction you get from completing a level is well worth the pain.

My pick for a game is Hotline Miami. It is a top-down action game where you viciously murder rooms of goons using a variety of weapons. The soundtrack is exhilarating, and the story is interesting. I really don't want to spoil more, just try it out if you have not played it yet!  

Hotline Miami. How could I forget it! Definitely one of the most fun games I've played.

Nice List.

I'd also like to add Dust: An Elysian Tail. 

It's an epic sidescroller Castlevania style with amazing graphics, lovely characters, a surprising plot and sweet dialogue. 

Check it out, you won't regret it. And please... don't hate this game because of anthropomorphic characters. I know furries but..... finally deal with it for christ's sake.

REDR00S7ER likes this

space pirates and zombies

that game is awesome, really needs more exposure

There is this little game called: I wanna be the guy.

Awesum'

I would add:
Deponia Series : Point and click puzzle/adventure game. The story and the main character and story are really funny. 
BloodBowl : An American Football board game with fantasy characters. If you like strategy spiced with RNG that game will blow you away. 
Warlock Master Of The Arcane : Turned Based RTS game. Think of it as a CIV5 in a fantasy world. It plays very similar to CIV5 but with the paradox vibe to it. 
Knights Of Honor : Old RTS game. It playes like a mix of RTW and Crisader Knights ( managment of cities, diplomacy with other countries, heirs, generals and other important people like merchants and spies ) and you would think that it would be turned based but it actually plays in real time. 
Tropico 3 - It is a Government/City management/simulation game. You are a dictator that claims an island as an "independent country" and you must manage the city and stay on the "presidential" seat until you reach your goal. 
Dungeons of Dredmor - A roguelike/rpg sort of game. A real roguelike in the sense of you moving one space and the enemies move one as well. 
Galaxy on fire 2 - If you are a fan of freelancer but you lack games like it? Well this is it. It's a spaceship sim game and its great. But if you never played Freelancer you are better off playing freelancer instead. 

I can't remember any other games but i will list them here when I do. Enjoy guys

The three games that I would like you AJSA members to try are:

1) FTL: Faster Than Light 

2) FEZ 

3) Prison Architect (This game is still in its Alpha, but still brilliant and personally believe its worth every penny) 

Have fun  :)

This is indeed a great list. I would add a few more, though

Little Inferno: This has the most unexpectedly deep and important ending in any game I've layed. I won't spoil anything, though.

Crusader Kings 2/Europa universalis IV: Control a leader from the medieval era in the most comprehensive intrigue mechanic I've seen. And continue into the renaissance and exploratory eras with EUIV.

Book of Unwritten Tales: A great undiscovered point-and-click game where it completely captures the fun and comedy of the olden days.

I Am Alive: I have to admit I've hardly played this one, but it completely succeeds as a post-apocalyptic suspense game and deserves mention.

Krater: An interesting take on the Diablo format, you actually control 3 characters at once instead of just one. Beyond that, it has an interesting setting, in that it's way past the apocalyptic nuke thing, and society has revolved around a crater called, you guessed it, Krater. Every character is wearing a gas mask, and everything and everyone has been affected by the massive amounts of radiation and whatnot. It's a pretty intriguing game.

Legend of Grimrock: A neat callback to the early days of PC gaming and old dungeon-crawlers/rogue-likes. It's pretty fun, and I believe Joe actually played it once.

Mata Hari: Another interesting point-and-click, you play as the famous seductress and double-agent Mata Hari in the victorian era. If that doesn't tickle your fancy right there, it probably isn't for you.

Papo Y Yo: SERIOUSLY PLAY THIS GAME. it has the most meaningful purpose for any game ever. It was designed by a deelopment company in Brazil to help children deal with a drunk and abusive parent. And it executes this PERFECTLY. Beyond that it's beautiful and interesting and...just play it.

Resonance: An interesting sci-fi murder mystery point-and-click (you're beginning to see a pattern I assume). You take control of four seperate and interesting characters, trying to see what happened to cause a device made by a professor go wrong and kill him.

Shadowrun Returns: You ever play the old SNES game Shadowrun? Now take that cyberfantasy setting and add X-com's mechanics and a murder mystery and dialog and path choices and you've gor Shadowrun returns. Beyond that, you can make your own campaigns with a very in-depth campaign editor. It's also supporting a team of developers that worked on the original Shadowrun, so I support this game on a moral level, too.

Systemshock 2: Fans of Spoony know this one already, but it's seriously worht the buy. It's a really unsettling horror sci-fi game, and beyond that I kinda don't want to spoil anything. just go try it.

Thomas was alone: You'll never care more about a group of rectangles in your life.

And finally,

The Wolf Among Us: I don't think this got enough press, so go get this, it's from the same guys who made the Walking Dead video game, and does not fail to disappoint. It's a noir story based off of a comic book series called Fables, and you're in a city filled with storybook and disney movie fables (also a flying monkey from Wizard of Oz). You're trying to find someone who's killing all these fables, playing as detective B. B. Wolfe (you can guess who that is).

Butarone likes this

thx for the list dude i will be sure to play most of those games.

Hotline Miami got to recommend it myself as well. Classic story, Neon,blood soaked,cocaine fueled berzerker rage gameplay great game all around. Oh and the music I finally actually like techno most techno i find very repetative.

I would like to share some small games I enjoyed playing and if you haven't played them I strongly recommend you to do so.

Also if you know an interesting game feel free to add. 

Shank(1,2) - If you like sidescrolling action games this is a MUST!

Papers please - A unique simulation game, check the documents at a border and provide for your family.

Dont Starve - If you haven't heard of it you should play it like NOW.

Mark of the ninja - stelth action masterpiece.

Primordia - If  point-and-click adventures is your thing you will enjoy this game. Also do not expect much from the plot, it starts promising but the ending can be disappointing.

Cart Life - graphics can be frustrating but if you'll stick with the game you'll have a lot of fun.

Kerbal space program - Do you like space games? Would you like to build your own space ship and visit different planets? If the answer is YES, this game will be your favourite.

The powder toy- Your own lab, experiment with different chemical reactions, blow things up.

Binding of isaac - addictive game, fun time-killer, check it out.

If you consider playing this games check youtube for tralers and gameplay before downloading.

Have fun!

I enjoyed Gemini Rue, from the same creators of Primordia

Four games everyone should play is Hotline Miami, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Lone Survivor and Spec Ops: The Line

I will recommend The Stanley Parable til the day i die.

I would reccomend frozen synapse, the soundtrack alone is worth it. It's just sooooo gooooooood :3

Primal carnage is definitely worth giving a go