• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Star-Lord

How Many AJSA Mambers Still Play KotOR & KotOR II: TSL?

21 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, I just installed KOTOR and KOTOR II: TSL. I was wondering, how many AJSA members still play these games. I played both of them on the original Xbox, but bought them on the PC for a better graphic and gameplay experience. Easily some of my favorite Star Wars games, and high up on my favorite RPG games. There is also a fairly large modding community for the series, with a lot of graphic improvement mods. Also, with Disney signing a deal with Bioware, we may be getting a new KOTOR game in the near future. Just curious how many people still play these games. I played SWTOR, but it doesn't have the same feel as the original games. :D

Edit: I just realized I misspelled 'Members' as 'Mambers'. Dammit. XD

Of course I´m still playing them, they were the first ,,mature" video games I ever played. It´s just sad that they never finished the second game and so the ending is such broken. But compared to the Triumvirat, all other Siths look pretty weak, especially compared to Nihilus.

Star-Lord likes this

Yeah I still play KOTOR from time to time. KOTOR2 on the other hand, let's just say from my end, the game was almost impossible to run.

i remember loving both games, but just..Kotor 2..dat ending. I think back and clearly remember all the fun times and special moments, but when i think back on the game's last bits I just get confused. I still have no idea what happened.

Haven't played KOTOR2 but I have played the first one. I'm hesitant to get the 2nd one due to all the bad things I've heard about it. 

What exactly is so bad about it? 

If it ever went on sale I'd get it, but is it even worth it?

@Ozzyman: To make it short, the Protagonist, a female Ex-Jedi called ,,The Exile" has the ability to be a ,,wound in the force". That means she has nearly endless potential and can become stronger than any other Jedi/Sith before and after, but she also is a threat to everyone around her and the force itself. The main villain, Darth Traya, learns this ability about the echos in the force, because she wants to destroy the force itself. Therefore the Exile and Traya have a last epic battle on Malachor V, the Exile kills Traya and saves the force, but she stays back on the planet to die because she herself was the last wound in the force. Her seven padawans escape and build up the next Generation of Jedi. Sounds awesome right!? Yes, but only if you read a lot of Wikipedia pages, because in the game itself, they hardly explain anything at the end. So I say, go play it and look up online for the plotholes at the end.

Star-Lord and Ozzyman314 like this

@Ozzyman314: I personally like the second KOTOR, but the first one is just better in my opinion. I like the story in KOTOR better than TSL, and the plot twist in the first one was simply brilliant! But, TSL just lacks too much detail like Narrator said. The only reason I play TSL after beating it, is for the mods, but I can replay KOTOR again and again.

Ozzyman314 likes this

Haven't played KOTOR2 but I have played the first one. I'm hesitant to get the 2nd one due to all the bad things I've heard about it. 

They didn't finish it, so the story feels haphazard, characters hint at side-quests that don't actually exist, and the story is super-confusing because the main villain's grand plan is never adequately explained.  But if you can look past the atrocious story-telling, it's still a fun game.  The gameplay and graphics are a step up from the first KoToR IMHO.

Ozzyman314 likes this

Personally. I like The Exile even more than Revan. He has an Amnesia and kind of a split personality at the end. And then he overcomes his dark past and defeats Malak to end this horrible chapter of history. Cool Story with good characters. But The Exile is a character, who shows all the real consequences of war. She is very depressed and doesn´t want to be the hero, but she has to do it because of the mistakes she did during the war. She never fell to the dark side and still she caused so much pain and suffer without wanting it. And at the end, she even kills herself, because she doesn´t want to hurt anyone anymore, she never truly overcomes her depression. She is the most tragic and yet most mature and realistic hero of the Star Wars Franchise. It´s really sad they didn´t finish the ending properly, because she was one of the most interesting characters in the history of Star Wars and probably the most powerful Jedi ever.

She is the most tragic and yet most mature and realistic hero of the Star Wars Franchise.

That's what you get when the story is written by someone that doesn't like Star Wars. If only Chris Avellone could have wrote the prequel movies.

They the greatest games I played during my childhood of course I still play them!

But I played them on the original xbox a few years ago but now I got them on steam and modded kotor 2 with the restore content mod.

Commander Shepard likes this

i still play both games. and they are still fun as they were in the beginning

Definitely! Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is my personal favorite game, and provides the most nostalgic value for me when playing it. It has the best story I've ever experienced, a great soundtrack, and enjoyable gameplay. I've played it completely through countless times and have modded it greatly as well. The second game is almost just as good with a few major setbacks, but both of them truly are classics in my opinion.

Well, the main reason people don't like it is because it was rushed out the door by Lucasarts. If you play it vanilla, the game you play is only about 65% of the game they planned. Thankfully, the Restored Content mod boosts the percentage up to about 90%. If you plan on playing it, do yourself a favor and get the Restored Content mod first. You won't regret it.

Star-Lord likes this

Do I still play them? I just recently bought KOTOR 1 on iOS for $5 when it was on sale. Game is ported over so well. KOTOR 2 wasn't all that great. I enjoyed the fact that it was more of the great combat, but I just couldn't get into the story and characters. I wasn't really ever interested in the story and characters, but you can't really blame them. How can you possibly follow up on KOTOR? To me it's the best RPG ever. It's the only RPG that still has me playing it 10 years after it released. 

Star-Lord likes this

I'm too still playing them occasionally. IMO they're the best (if not the only) RPGs in the Star Wars franchise.

I still play them both. The first more so than the second. If there were some things from the second game that i wanted in the first, it would be flowing Jedi robes and the ability to turn most companions into Jedi or Sith.

Star-Lord likes this

I still play them both. The first more so than the second. If there were some things from the second game that i wanted in the first, it would be flowing Jedi robes and the ability to turn most companions into Jedi or Sith.

Yeah, I did really enjoy turning almost all my followers into Sith. I also loved the specialization classes once you got around level 20. I personally picked Sith Lord myself.

Sith Lord was the best, force crush did so much work. Who needed a lightsaber when you could force wave and lightning storm the whole room? ^_^

Star-Lord likes this

I have beat both games at least 4 times now; I really wish Bioware would make another single player KOTOR

Star-Lord likes this