• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SloppyG

ESO continuing to make changes/improvements based on feedback

26 posts in this topic

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1zvy7t/new_changes_coming_to_eso_including_phasing/

I really like:

Death Recap - When you die, you will be told what the last 5 damage events were so you can tell what killed you

Player Separation - No details yet, but they are working on solutions for groups getting split up due to phasing/quests.

FOV slider - should make first person more viable and help to reduce motion sickness for some of us.

Adventure Zone - Details to come but hopefully this means the end game content will be pretty sweet!

Also,

Update your clients everyone! Patcher has a huge update for you all to update to.

I believe that March 14 is the next beta weekend? I saw it on some Finnish site but doesn't seem like anyone has confirmed since then.

I'm hoping for the weekend before headstart (21st) as I'm out of town next weekend and I'm selfish.

Jackschmit likes this

still not enough to make me p2p this game 

I wouldn't mind p2p, but only if it's reasonable. This is not. $60 for the game... for ONE month, after those 30 days you won't be able to play anymore and then it's down to recurring payments. $15 to be exact. I find that blasphemous to be completely honest. $60 + 11 x $15 = $225 for the first year! $180 for the years after. 

Look, I could live with a subscription model, $15 a month, fine, with DLC updates free, but then don't let me also buy the game full price to play the first month. I mean come on, it's the one or the other. Maybe even $60 for indefinite access and paying for the major DLC... 

I wouldn't mind p2p, but only if it's reasonable. This is not. $60 for the game... for ONE month, after those 30 days you won't be able to play anymore and then it's down to recurring payments. $15 to be exact. I find that blasphemous to be completely honest. $60 + 11 x $15 = $225 for the first year! $180 for the years after. 

Look, I could live with a subscription model, $15 a month, fine, with DLC updates free, but then don't let me also buy the game full price to play the first month. I mean come on, it's the one or the other. Maybe even $60 for indefinite access and paying for the major DLC... 

The game wont even last for a Year whit the subscription fee... just wait till it goes f2p and then buy the game for 60$.

likes this

If the game didn't last a year it wouldn't be because of a $15 a month sub fee. plenty of RPGs out there charge around the same price. And yeah most of them charge you for the game at release as well. this is nothing new. Without a doubt in a year (give or take) they will let you play with just a monthly fee without paying for the game to boost up subscribers. Hope to see you then Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash and SloppyG like this

I like to imagine there still is a mark for subscription type games if: 

They do offer really great support - They called me on an account issue I had a couple days ago.. I've NEVER had an MMO company pick up a phone and call me before.

They continue to listen to their customers - Case in point the changes they mentioned above.

They keep adding more content - Especially end game.

If they keep it up I don't mind paying them something, I think most of us have seen how the F2P model has affected the mobile gaming category, hopefully not all mmos will go that route.

If they don't deliver the above, then, yeah I see it just going F2P/cash shop within 6-12 months. 

I signed up for Beta, hoping to be able to get in and experience small parts of the game for free. I was fortunate enough to of been selected and have played in the last several betas.

Once I played it and found that I like the game, the concept, and where it had the potential to go I was totally okay with dumping some cash into it. My family and I live on a very tight budget so, like a few posts above, I did the math. Picked three (3) extra shifts up at work - paid for the first year plus imperial edition pre-order.

If you want to play this game, if you want to support the company, you will find a way to make it work for you. It bugs me that people want top notch games for rock bottom prices. Why wait until the game is on its last leg to jump in and help? (waiting for it to go f2p)  I believe in you get what you pay for. I want to pay Zenimax and the crew to make a great game. If they don't deliver then I'll stop paying them. That's it.

If the game didn't last a year it wouldn't be because of a $15 a month sub fee. plenty of RPGs out there charge around the same price. And yeah most of them charge you for the game at release as well. this is nothing new. Without a doubt in a year (give or take) they will let you play with just a monthly fee without paying for the game to boost up subscribers. Hope to see you then Rainbow Dash.

Yep they charged the same and within about a year they drop the sub and move to F2P or hybrid. The odds of ESO doing the same are higher then dropping the price for the box.

Yep they charged the same and within about a year they drop the sub and move to F2P or hybrid. The odds of ESO doing the same are higher then dropping the price for the box.

They all changed like that within a year? I find this hard to swallow considering I started playing WOW at least 4 years after it's release, played it for at least 2 years before i left the game, they let people in for F2P only to level 20 which is of course a tease. Or mayhaps taste.

And no I'm not for a second saying that ESO will be as successful as WOW (Although I hope it will) and yes I know WOW is a freak of nature, but the only other MMORPG I've but any decent amount of time into is SWTOR, and I'd rather not talk about that.

I'm just saying that games can survive with a monthly fees.

They all changed like that within a year? I find this hard to swallow considering I started playing WOW at least 4 years after it's release, played it for at least 2 years before i left the game, they let people in for F2P only to level 20 which is of course a tease. Or mayhaps taste.

And no I'm not for a second saying that ESO will be as successful as WOW (Although I hope it will) and yes I know WOW is a freak of nature, but the only other MMORPG I've but any decent amount of time into is SWTOR, and I'd rather not talk about that.

I'm just saying that games can survive with a monthly fees.

Yes WoW is a fluke. Also it come out during the time period when subs were standard.

Subs are no longer the standard and are something people don't really support anymore for many different reasons. They can "survive" but companies don't want to survive they want to flourish so that they garner higher profits.

Subs are no longer the standard and are something people don't really support anymore for many different reasons.

Well I'll take you at your word for that, personally I have generally had a single sub up for 1 game at a time for a while now, and i just play the hell out of it. Mayhaps I'm just a freak of nature, left over from a forgotten past :(

I've already bought my game and I shall enjoy it for as long as I can. If it is measured in months or years shall be determined by how much I enjoy it as time goes on.

If only I could pay 15$ ... but as european, they ask us to pay 17.50$ (13€).....

Can anyone explain to me why 'murican companies rob EU? I mean Steam charges approx 36% more for everything, Zenimax ~20%. Weirdly enough US don't rob UK players, who can pay 14.30$ (9£) - do you still feel strong loyalty for your imperial masters in England and for their queen? Really?

If only I could pay 15$ ... but as european, they ask us to pay 17.50$ (13€).....

Can anyone explain to me why 'murican companies rob EU? I mean Steam charges approx 36% more for everything, Zenimax ~20%. Weirdly enough US don't rob UK players, who can pay 14.30$ (9£) - do you still feel strong loyalty for your imperial masters in England and for their queen? Really?

it's the currency rate exchange between countries, that's the reason. 

Death Recap - When you die, you will be told what the last 5 damage events were so you can tell what killed you

Finally.

I've been wanting to know since I first stepped foot in Cyrodiil.

Going from full health to dead isn't fun when you don't know what's hitting you.

I'm happy they added collision detection for PvE

I'm happy they added collision detection for PvE

Still think it would be fine in PvP

Still think it would be fine in PvP

Honestly I think it would be too much of a hassle for what we would gain. Sure you could make a shieldwall or something and be all hoplite badass, but with doorways and other narrow choke points we would have to stand in line to get to the enemy.

Honestly I think it would be too much of a hassle for what we would gain. Sure you could make a shieldwall or something and be all hoplite badass, but with doorways and other narrow choke points we would have to stand in line to get to the enemy.

And we would have to stand still. basicly sitting ducks, easy pickings for mages and rangers. 

And we would have to stand still. basicly sitting ducks, easy pickings for mages and rangers. 

I love the idea of collision detection in PVP, but having seen it in action in the keep battles in Warhammer Online, it really just doesn't work that well.

The inability to accurately target specific individuals in a fight (in ESO) also makes this more challenging than it needs to be. It could be really hard to hit a line of healers that are standing behind a line of tanks.

Let's see how it plays out :)

If you haven't already I recommend checking your email that is linked to your beta account. Zenimax will send you a message to fill out a survey and there is a section where you can write any suggestions for things you'd like to see added to the game.

Indeed, I really liked the beta so far don't get me wrong. In fact, as far as MMORPG's go the beta of this might have me hooked on the genre. (Mainly because it's the Elder Scrolls too). I just wished they would've gone with the GW 2 model instead, seemed a bit more fair to me. Once the game drops the $60 for the first month nonsense I'm sure I'll get into it.

it's the currency rate exchange between countries, that's the reason. 

Get real. This would be 1-2% at maximum, not 20%

Don't start complaining about being charged more than the US till you have to deal with the Australia tax. To purchase the DIGITAL imperial edition here, it's $119.95 + subscription (US$107). Standard is $89.95 + subscription (US$81). The exchange rate is not that bad for us. According to xe.com US$60 is only AU$66. Though the Euro sub fee is being charged more as US$15 is EU 10. 

Basically it sucks to be a gamer anywhere but in the US.

As for the feedback, yes their customer service is awesome. My partner reported a game breaking bug in great detail and the guys were really helpful to him (even though they couldn't fix it at that time). Didn't call but that's not overly surprising since it would be an international call.