• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

dax01

Xbox one is listening - my video ! WTF

17 posts in this topic

The VHS 1 does have voice recognition. Does this mean if I speak about pizza, it will automatically boot up the Pizza Hut app?

Edit: What the heck? Dude, unplug your Kinect until you turn it back on.

ha software bug. report it to Xbox, maybe they will see it and maybe it is happening to others. will be patched in a update i assume, no harm is done so what ever no big deal. (it is funny however im going to try to do the same now)

What exactly did you press? When you turn the Xbox off it doesn't really turn off it goes into stand by, its fully turned off when you switch it off at the plug

It is big deal for me. It's suppose to be OFF then it's off.  not listening.

What exactly did you press? When you turn the Xbox off it doesn't really turn off it goes into stand by, its fully turned off when you switch it off at the plug

I know what a computer is. But they state - it's off then it's off. 

It is big deal for me. It's suppose to be OFF then it's off.  not listening.

Wasn't this in the manual? When you use voice commands It just goes into stand by mode, that's why you can use a voice command to turn it on again.

It is big deal for me. It's suppose to be OFF then it's off.  not listening

wait does in not listen at all when it is off now or just when you hit the key it does this, because if it broke the Xbox then that is bad :c

I don't know what key I pressed, still .But when it's off, its on a wake. not off. 

I don't know what key I pressed, still .But when it's off, its on a wake. not off. 

Yes, It's called stand by, and when the Xbox is on stand by, It'll only listen for the "Xbox On" command, and nothing else.

Point beind - at the first time I had a full screen of app and game, next try I had just a blank and what kinect voice ready.

THAT 

I don't like.

Everything is on Standby until you turn off the power, relax Dax everything is fine do what CaptainKickass advises 

Awesome, everyone wants a next-gen piece of hardware that can monitor your every movement without your consent.

MS is such a swell company guys ;D

CaptainKickass69 likes this

I personally would not want a device that is on all the time even when it is supposed to be off. (Think of the leaching of power even in standby mode)

Personally when I turn off my devices I also switch off the power strip it is all plugged into, but then I have been power conscious lately since I learned how the electric company measures and charges you for it. Or maybe I am just weird.

I personally would not want a device that is on all the time even when it is supposed to be off. (Think of the leaching of power even in standby mode)

The whole point of a stand by mode, Is that It doesn't leech power. And when the Xbox One Is on stand by mode, the Kinect will only listen for one single voice command, "Xbox On".

Personally when I turn off my devices I also switch off the power strip it is all plugged into, but then I have been power conscious lately since I learned how the electric company measures and charges you for it. Or maybe I am just weird.

Being careful with your power can be a good thing, but you have to make sure you're being clever about it, and not just being paranoid. It's a fine line.

You know, this is just a bug. Standby uses very little power.