• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Vinterdraken

Any Hearthstone love?

52 posts in this topic

So I love Hearthstone, even though I have never ever played a single game. I watch about an hour of Hearthstone content each day If I have the option and I enter any betakey giveaway I can find, the dream being ofcourse getting into that beta and starting to post gameplay videos to my Youtube channel.

Maybe It would be more accurate to say I think I will love Hearthstone. Anyway, what all this rambling is working its way up to is, are there other Hearthstone lovers around here, is anyone here in the beta and what are your views on the game.

Haha, just made my own topic about Hearthstone, glad to see i'm not the only one who likes it!

I've been in beta for two weeks now, and i think you will love it too! It is really fun. It can be a bit of a grind if you don't want to spend any money. The non-premium currency of the game is (as you probably know) gold. Gold can be earned by winning matches or completing daily quests, daily quests being the most efficient way of earning money. Sadly, theese daily quests consists mostly of "Win 2 games with class x or y". If you don't happen to like playing as any of the daily quest classes, you're gonna have a bad time.

Aside from that thou, i think it's great! Playing is fun, collecting cards can be downright adicting, and The Arena proves to be an interesting way to play if you're tired of using the same old cards. I think i'd say HS is one of my favorite games this year.

So I love Hearthstone, even though I have never ever played a single game. I watch about an hour of Hearthstone content each day If I have the option and I enter any betakey giveaway I can find, the dream being ofcourse getting into that beta and starting to post gameplay videos to my Youtube channel.

Maybe It would be more accurate to say I think I will love Hearthstone. Anyway, what all this rambling is working its way up to is, are there other Hearthstone lovers around here, is anyone here in the beta and what are your views on the game.

I quite like it. I play it every now and then. There are some balance issues at the moment that turn me off quite a bit, regarding Mage and Priest, which I hope they solve.

Eh, Hearhtstone is fun for a few hours and then it starts to bore me. The lack of depth in the cards that I'm used to from playing Magic 2014 just puts me off. Plus I think that the game is much more interesting for players that know about the lore, which I don't. 

Vinterdraken likes this

Eh, Hearhtstone is fun for a few hours and then it starts to bore me. The lack of depth in the cards that I'm used to from playing Magic 2014 just puts me off. Plus I think that the game is much more interesting for players that know about the lore, which I don't. 

Thats funnily enough one of the things that appeals to me. That its a pretty shallow TCG where its easy to learn the cards, quick to play and not heavy on rules. I was a big Magic player back in the day but I grew tired of all the "in response to" and such, also played the Magic Xbox game for a while but its so damn slow compared to HS, with all that waiting for each phase to resolve with a timer so opponents can resolve counters and constantly pausing each time anyones looking at something. I want something short that I can jump into when Ive got nothing better to do or want a little bit of gaming inbetween work or before bed.

Platina32 likes this

I'm also playing the beta right now and am quite enjoying it. As Vinterdraken says, I like it more because it is a bit of a shallow TCG. I've played M:TG since it came out years and years ago, even still have my box of cards. I stopped playing around Mirrodin though because I got so tired of all the crazy new rules and mechanics being added to the game. Just got boring to me.

The only compliant I have about Hearthstone is the matchmaking takes a bit longer than I would like and there is also no way to tell the other player to hurry up! I don't know if I just keep getting the turtles or what but it is super frustrating to play my turn in 20s (because I actually think about what I'm doing and plan ahead) only for my opponent to take damn near the full turn timer.

I should see if Joe can weasel some keys from Blizz.

I should see if Joe can weasel some keys from Blizz.

I would be willing to go through any random draw, Deathmatch or cook of for a chance at a key, so please do. :D

Lossar likes this

also played the Magic Xbox game for a while but its so damn slow compared to HS, with all that waiting for each phase to resolve with a timer so opponents can resolve counters and constantly pausing each time anyones looking at something.

That's a good point, actually. The game is quite slow and the Steam-game itself is bugged like shit. But when I play with friends, we always have a good laugh, especially because not all matches are 1v1. Just played some 1v1v1 matches just now. 

The game is great. Quick games and takes no more then 15minutes to play each round usually.

I gained BETA access up to about a month ago, and I love it. I watched the streams of it since it was announced till I got access too (trump ftw). It is tons of fun, but it can be a little frustrating at times due to high RNG levels.

Absolutely love it! Didn't really expect to get in the beta, but I did. It's pretty damn fantastic, though ATM, the priest is pretty powerful (at least if they know what they're doing.)

The game looks interesting. Still keeping my fingers crossed for my Beta key.

I have to agree, when i first got my beta key i was pretty excited, ive always watched streams of it and i loved it. But after a while it starts to be pretty boring, the only mode that is actually worth playing is arena.

You could always go along with the crazies and buy a beta key for $100!

I used to play wow tcg a few years back and i am excited about heartstone. Only thing that i dont like is that it seems too simplified compared to wow tcg, but surely going to try it out.

I've been in the beta for about 2 weeks and I quite like it. However while it is a more simplistic card game, don't think that means it's easy! I hit a barrier by the time I hit 2 star Silver Ranked league and I can't ever seem to get passed 4-3 in Arenas. I love how simple and intuitive the deckbuilding is, which is something that put me off MtG (other than the XBL/PSN games).

Been in the beta for a couple weeks now and its easily on par with magic if not better I just find myself putting together decks like there is no tomorrow (rogues are op even if they were nerfed)

I'm also interested in heartstone as well.  I would like to get a beta key but I'm willing to wait till the games comes out (or goes to open beta).

I find that it's fun to play every now and again... it's fairly casual friendly which is a treat.

I LOVE HearthStone. Watched over 200 hours of gameplay and been playing pretty regularly since being accepted into beta a couple weeks ago. If there is an AJSA team for this game, I would love to be a part of it. Already in Diamond after only about 5-10hrs in constructed.

It would be awesome to start getting a hearthstone community going. Right now I'm just playing around with basic decks plus the 10 packs I've opened, you really seem to need to buy packs in order to get anywhere quickly.

If I can get a beta key I will join you for sure. It looks awesome.