• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BobbyLOD

ESO Character Class, Role and Builds

Class Choice   110 members have voted

1. 1. What class will you play and what role? (choose class and role)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Just wanted to know what class, role, and type of builds everyone is planning on playing.

Templar (restoring light) healer with destruction staff.

**after reading Gomly's below comment i want to point out I will make many characters as well, just wanted to focus on 1 for early access**

BobbyLOD likes this

Before the beta tests, I wanted to go with a tank sort of character, but after playing I changed my mind to a two handed DPS class. You know, to charge the enemy front line and cause as much chaos as possible until the real troops can get in and actually fight properly  :P

BobbyLOD likes this

Templar DPS/CC build. Really liking the direction they are taking with just how flexible the character classes are. Hoping they implement some kind of non-templar support healer in the future. (Like a healing bard from Rift Online)

Woodlandkammo and BobbyLOD like this

I love to role as a warrior, using sword and shield. It just feels right to me.

BobbyLOD likes this

Imma go Templar tank with some healing abilities. Probably sword shield and sword shield.

What should I be if I want to wield a shield and mace and just beat the shit out of people with my mace?

What should I be if I want to wield a shield and mace and just beat the shit out of people with my mace?

Unless you have Imperial you'll want to go Redguard.

Imperial and Redguard both have sword and board affinity (or shield and any one handed weapon) giving 15% increase to XP earned for that weapon class.

Sigma081 likes this

Thanks, sounds good. Another question, can the summoner class in this game sit back and let their pets do all the work or is it like the Warlocks in WoW where you have to do most of the work because your pets suck.

I'd like to go pure bread, sword and shield warrior with two handed as back up, and dagger and bow thief, then pure magic mage

Thanks, sounds good. Another question, can the summoner class in this game sit back and let their pets do all the work or is it like the Warlocks in WoW where you have to do most of the work because your pets suck.

The Clanfear is okay for long fights. Kite, drop a few spells and let the Clanfear chip away but it's not fantastic.

The summons that do decent damage are only up for a short time before they vanish again so you will find you have to do most of the work.

Sigma081 likes this

I hope I never see them drop some sort of pet that will do all the work for you all the time.  (Unless it's a mudcrab)

The Clanfear is okay for long fights. Kite, drop a few spells and let the Clanfear chip away but it's not fantastic.

The summons that do decent damage are only up for a short time before they vanish again so you will find you have to do most of the work.

Eh, I guess I'm spoiled by the hellhound in Grimdawn that goes around one-shotting everything... <_<

Eh, I guess I'm spoiled by the hellhound in Grimdawn that goes around one-shotting everything... <_<

Find a gullible Dragon Knight and let them do all the work.

That's what i'm hoping to do when I make my Sorc.

I always play a DPS caster as my first character and they are generally my most loved. I love making them glass cannons, HUGE damage, but if I fuck up I die. Adds an extra element of challenge to the game :) My skills I have to admit, I'm no theory crafter, I just make it up as I go and add things depending on how I feel like it, test it, and change it later if I need to.

Templar DPS/CC build. Really liking the direction they are taking with just how flexible the character classes are. Hoping they implement some kind of non-templar support healer in the future. (Like a healing bard from Rift Online)

But it's already there... you just take "Restoration Staff" skill-line and go with it with whatever class you like. Possibly take few ally healing/shielding skills from your own class also - most classes (except sorc) seems to have something, at least when morphing skill.

Nightblade - Funnel health; Bolstering darkness; Soul Shred/Tether/Siphon + Soul Siphoner passive

Dragon Knight - Magma shell; Obsidian/Igneous/Fragmented shield;

Sorcerer - only selfheals

Templar - many

But then every class can take global skills, like:

Alliance War -> Support -> Barrier; Cleanse

Guild -> Undaunted -> Blood Altar++; Spiked Bone Shield/Bone Surge;

Guild -> Fighters Guild -> Ring of Preservation;

But the restoration staff abilities alone should be already enough.

Everything I can

Gonna make a support sorc and dragonight dps, sorc name Cryonax dps name Vynisulus hope to see you all on! add / invite :)

I have done much of soul searching..... and I must t say that I have picked to switch my main toon in AD, restoring light templar's race to: dark elf.

2 main reasons for this: A: FIRE. I feel FIRE will be a big part of pvp, and the fire resistance + bonus damage will be awesome.

B. I want to stand out. why be 1 high elf within thousands when i can be a rare sight? IF/when I make a Ebonheart Pact toon I'll make it high elf.

Silverfox likes this