• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SnapDragon432

Why I'm staying a Console Gamer (and why I'm so stubborn about it)

341 posts in this topic

A couple of months ago, I posted a topic about whether to get an X1 or a PS4. In that topic, I got into a bit of an argument with a couple of PC gamers, and I couldn't really say why I didn't want to switch from console to PC. Now, I think I can explain. First of all, I'd like to apologize to the people I offended, even though it was a few months ago. I was being a jerk, mostly because I didn't know how to explain my point. Now, I can. I had started talking on a Teamspeak server with a few of my friends who were all PC gamers. They convinced me to try to get a PC instead of a PS4. But, after thinking for a while, I realized that I didn't really WANT to switch; they were just pressuring me into buying it. So, why am I being so stubborn about it? Simple. After thinking about it, I realized that my "friends" were actually complete dicks. Not that they weren't fun to talk to, oh no, they were cool. But, they were jerks. Why? Because they treated people with consoles like complete and utter GARBAGE. I'm not saying that it's bad to prefer PC gaming (like Joe does), I'm saying it's bad to dismiss console gaming like it's a sin (like Joe doesn't). The "friends" would go as far as to say that the people that owned consoles weren't gamers. That is complete BS. They also said other stupid shit like "Sure, you can switch to PC, but your blood will always be stained by 'console-blood." Who the hell even says that? And when I told them I'd changed my mind, they threw a complete shit-fit. They left a terrible impression of how dickish some (though definitely not all) PC gamers can be. I didn't want to spend my time arguing with people. Also, almost all of my favorite games have been on consoles; These include The Last of Us, the Sly Cooper series, and the Jak and Daxter series. I do have a computer, and it can run a few games decently, but I haven't really played anything that's stuck out to me (aside from Civ V, which is easily one of my favorite strategy games). If I don't get a PS4, I'll feel like I'm missing out on things, like inFamous: Second Son or the next Uncharted. I am not in any way making fun of the PC community or the games on PC. I'm just giving you a point of view of a console gamer, and why some of us just simply want to stay.

abilly85 and Doshka17 like this

I honestly don't give the slightest of fucks what platform you play on. It's your money and your time. I play on pc because that's where I feel the most comfortable to do so as I can just alt+tab to google a guide if I'm stuck somewhere or anything else of that matter. Also I'm most used to mouse and keyboard, so any controller feels awkward to me. But I really don't understand why people would get up in arms about someone enjoying their games on a different platform. It just sounds childish to be honest. Kinda like bragging.

That's good of you. You're one of the better PC gamers. I don't understand exactly why people have I problem with it, either.

I am PC gamer since I remember, when I was like 3 (I am 15 now) I remember we had PS1 :D. I think PCs are better. Why ? Because I already put hundreds upon hundreds of dollars into it. It runs games better, has higher FPS and better graphics. I have Xbox360 controller for my PC so I can play games like NFS or DMC without destroying my keyboard. 
I respect console gaming, I don't respect people who try to tell me Kinect is the best thing ever and force me to belive consoles are better. I never played on PS3, and I used Xbox 360 with kinect playing Star Wars Kinect ( -_- ) ONCE. I know the graphics from YouTube, and I have seen it is worse. FPS games are unplayeble for me (I am not saying it is worse because of the controller, Joe is actually better with controller in FPS games). 
IF I wouldn't have PC three (maybe more) the price of consoles with two monitors, HD TV possible to connect and laptop I would totally get console. They are cheaper. But I already have PC so there is no point for me to buy consoles, I can just buy new CPU,GPU,HDD,RAM etc for my pc. 
Also I am HUGE strategy game fan, and consoles have Xcom as an Strategy otherwise I can't think of one, Gamesl ike Last of Us or the Injustice are not actually something I like. Maybe the Infamous, but it looks like Prototype. 
I respect what you have to say. There is no point in fighting, each plattform has it owns positives and negatives. And EVERYONE has different one. (I like Controller, some people don't. Some people like keyboard and others don't...) 

I don't think you should hate or not get into PC gaming because of PC elitists fuck who like someone said on forums today, "deserve their heads to be put on a demon's pike" or something like that.

I've been a PC gamer since I was 5 years old and I never thought of buying a console, it's not that I hate them, but I don't really need them. While consoles have their exclusives so does PC have it's own among other advantages. The steam sales and not to mention you can get any game for a lot cheaper, but that's still just...I don't know. I don't want to make you buy a PC or change your opinion, but don't judge all PC players like dicks, I'm not saying you are judging them all like that, but I'm just saying. I don't really feel like personally buying a PS4 or Xbone just for the exclusives as I feel like that's tons of money to spend just to play a few games because PC has it's own kind of great exclusives and it offers me to do other things besides just gaming. And as for your friends, if I knew them, even if I'm a PC gamer, I would shit on their heads. No offense if they are your real friends, but honestly if they were any kind of friends to you, they would never say such dumb things...seriously. They are just a bunch of dumb ass spoiled kids and don't care what they say. You have your own favorite platform to play on and that's all that matters. Ignore what other PC players say and don't take their sick shit because if you do, you will keep on hating and that's never good. I met a bunch of consoletards as well, saying how Xbox and PS are superior to PCs and honestly I just ignored that shit. All platforms have shitfucks in their communities, some more and some less. As a long time PC gamer, I tell you, screw those PC elitist dogs. If anything, I would invite them to play a game with me so I can use them as some target practice so I can own their asses in other ways besides using a few words. If you see no major reason to switch to PC gaming then don't,  there is really no point. I see no point in switching to console gaming myself, but that don't mean I will act like some high born dick to console gamers, I don't hate them nor do I hate consoles, I just don't see a point in playing them. 

Next time you get into an argument with your friends, if I may call them like that because if they were your friends they wouldn't act like that, but in case you get into such an argument again, tell that a fellow PC gamer told them to shut their dirty mouth and stop making all PC gamers look like shitheads, because we are not all like that. I take these arguments pretty seriously in a way and I would be extremely pissed off if somebody told me that I'm not a gamer and will always have 'console blood' in my veins...but seriously, where the hell did they get that from? 

That's good of you. You're one of the better PC gamers. I don't understand exactly why people have I problem with it, either.

Trust me, I'm not. I'm probably more of an asshole then any other pc gamer.

LoreMaster likes this

I'm glad you guys all have sense, which is more than I can say for the "friends". I don't think you should penalize somebody for playing on anything- Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PC, etc.

I'm glad you guys all have sense, which is more than I can say for the "friends". I don't think you should penalize somebody for playing on anything- Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PC, etc.

A true gamer plays anything, respects other gamers and what they love. Of course, if other gamers treat you like shit, you have full rights to do the same. 

I'm really, like really a nice guy. I can tolerate all sorts of crap, but I do have my limits. If I knew some real life friends who talked like that about consoles, but considered themselves real gamers, I would rather hang out with a blow doll than with those 'friends'.

SnapDragon432 likes this

There are a few reasons I prefer my PC with the main one being it cost me a small fortune so I wouldn't dream of neglecting it.

Then there is the sad truth that I am a graphics whore. I've been a gamer since 1983, i've played everything from 2 sticks hitting a little block at each other to full on HD games and I just like to look at sexy things ..... which is why I always have a mirror handy.

Then there is the mods. Most games I own can be modded in some way from skins to HD graphics to new lands and quests to more "adult" themes.

We have consoles in the house but the kids use them. 

I can't abuse console gamers because, as I just said, my kids use them so that would be awkward.

Not that I give a toss what people play on much like I don't care what car people drive.

Unlike Spartan above, i'm not a really nice guy .... I just don't give a shit what other people choose to do with their gaming time.

Apex Spartan and LoreMaster like this

A couple of months ago, I posted a topic about whether to get an X1 or a PS4. In that topic, I got into a bit of an argument with a couple of PC gamers, and I couldn't really say why I didn't want to switch from console to PC.

Didn't read all but I'm this part makes me reply with one thing;

You owe to no one to explain why you don't want to game on PC.

It is strictly your choice to play whatever the f- you want and it's no ones goddamn business.

Threads like this is really starting to piss me the f- off.

Are there really so many assholes here?

I don't care if you play on console or PC. I personally dislike people who spout the whole PC Gaming Master Race schtick without their tongue placed firmly in cheek. On the other side of the coin, though, I also dislike the console fanboys/fangirls who state outright lies about PC gaming (eg. "You need $3000 to buy a good gaming PC.") and think their console is objectively superior no matter what you say. Both give their own community a bad name among the other one, and should be ashamed.

and quests to more "adult" themes.

Hmmm, I can slightly imagine what your Skyrim looks like haha

Thank you, Apex. And trust me, I understand the appeal. Better Graphics and FPS? Steam? That's all great. But, everything has it's perks. PS4, for instance, has PS Plus, which is probably one of the best subscription services I'm subscribed to (not even fanboying right now, I'm serious). And, to be honest, I really, really like the PS4 controller and interface. I think sony really improved upon the PS3 (which I've had for about two years). By the way, I was just talking to one of my friends, and I showed him the posts, and he won't back down. "Dude, I was just like you,once I got a PC I was hooked though, consoles can't even run in 1080p, there are no games, etc." I'm not making this up. He said all of that, even about the resolutions. One thing I forgot to mention: almost all of them hate single player games because there is no multiplayer. That's the actual reason they gave. I named a bunch of amazing single player games, like the Arkham series, but they wouldn't listen. To them,single player games are a "waste of money".

Hmmm, I can slightly imagine what your Skyrim looks like haha

Skimpy armour, naked corpses, pimping my companions to make extra gold and houses full of half naked people.

I'm almost ashamed (but not quite) to admit I have a nude Draugr mod .... yes, the walking corpses in my Skyrim have their boobs out .... because .... I have no reasons, it just seemed like a good idea.

Skimpy armour, naked corpses, pimping my companions to make extra gold and houses full of half naked people.

I'm almost ashamed (but not quite) to admit I have a nude Draugr mod .... yes, the walking corpses in my Skyrim have their boobs out .... because .... I have no reasons, it just seemed like a good idea.

Hahahaha, but I do use skimpy armor myself, but that's only because the armor on females in the game don't look like female at all. I mean...give a heavy armor to a female and it looks like a male armor, so the skimpy armor is a pretty cool mode I use myself, although some of the armors then look like hookers, but....I guess I can look past that when I want to make my companion look like a bad ass female warrior. 

I never saw the nude Draugr mod though lol...sounds creepy. 

Why would that ever seem like a good idea? Were you drunk?

Gone, Maeglin Telrunya and Jaye13 like this

I kind of like where this conversation has shifted.... I mean what

Thank you, Apex. And trust me, I understand the appeal. Better Graphics and FPS? Steam? That's all great. But, everything has it's perks. PS4, for instance, has PS Plus, which is probably one of the best subscription services I'm subscribed to (not even fanboying right now, I'm serious). And, to be honest, I really, really like the PS4 controller and interface. I think sony really improved upon the PS3 (which I've had for about two years). By the way, I was just talking to one of my friends, and I showed him the posts, and he won't back down. "Dude, I was just like you,once I got a PC I was hooked though, consoles can't even run in 1080p, there are no games, etc." I'm not making this up. He said all of that, even about the resolutions. One thing I forgot to mention: almost all of them hate single player games because there is no multiplayer. That's the actual reason they gave. I named a bunch of amazing single player games, like the Arkham series, but they wouldn't listen. To them,single player games are a "waste of money".

Well, I hope your friends read this because I feel sorry for them. Single player games have their own perks, I enjoy them as much as I enjoy MP, but in just a whole other way. Also,  "Dude, I was just like you,once I got a PC I was hooked though, consoles can't even run in 1080p, there are no games, etc."...tell your friend that he doesn't know what he is even talking about. I bet he never even owned a console. I know few friends who owned a console, but they never say shit like that. If it's true however, tell him that he is a PC gamer, but he will never be a true PC gamer because he has console blood in his veins. Give him a taste of his own medicine. 

There is a website dedicated to adult Skyrim mods called Lovers Lab.

It's in there.

And you nailed the reason I got skimpy armour.

I use a female muscle mod (because these women swing massive weapons ... barbie couldn't do it with those arms) and some of the more skimpy armours give the women, especially the Orcs, a more barbarian look.

Hahahaha, but I do use skimpy armor myself, but that's only because the armor on females in the game don't look like female at all. I mean...give a heavy armor to a female and it looks like a male armor, so the skimpy armor is a pretty cool mode I use myself, although some of the armors then look like hookers, but....I guess I can look past that when I want to make my companion look like a bad ass female warrior. 

Which is realistic. Armors aren't made to be shaped like female bodies most of the time, and they certainly aren't made to make them look attractive. And if they are, it's pretty crummy armor.

Which is realistic. Armors aren't made to be shaped like female bodies most of the time, and they certainly aren't made to make them look attractive. And if they are, it's pretty crummy armor.

But heavy armor for females still have...the breasts...like the curved part of armor lol, which you can't really see in Skyrim, you can, but on heavy armor just barley. However, I use a lot of custom armors for my companions so that the armor I use looks very bad ass, but they don't look like hookers, however bandit females and such...look kind of naked, but still on normal levels.

btw: this conversation is going just soooo wrong. We could open a Skyrim mod thread and suggest mods and stuff lol

You know I grew up on Consoles. I had a NES, PS1, a PS2, 64, Wii, and PS3.

Two years ago, I owned a laptop and delved into PC gaming.

Now, I still play both PC and console, and I have no preference. I love both systems and I still play on them.

SnapDragon (nice name btw), your friends are a$$holes. If there's 1 thing in this world I hate, is PC gamers who treat console gamers like crap. It brings a bad image upon us proud PC gamers, and its breaking my f**king Vibe.

Dude, get yourself a PS4 (or XB1, if you changed your mind) and have some fun.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to push Gomly for SummerSlam.

Gone likes this

Some gamers can and will be are dicks on any platform you play on.

(Sorry for the one line response lol, busy today.)

SnapDragon (nice name btw), your friends are a$$holes. If there's 1 thing in this world I hate, is PC gamers who treat console gamers like crap. It brings a bad image upon us proud PC gamers, and its breaking my f**king Vibe.

THIS!

This is exactly why I hate those elitist bastards, they act like almighty awesome people, but under their fancy skin, they are just a bunch of dirt bags.

Imagine a golden toilet, looks polished and awesome, but open the hatch and you will just a pile of dong floating in there.

"Sure, you can switch to PC, but your blood will always be stained by 'console-blood."

Sounds ridiculous. I'm assuming that your friends are joking?