• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drachen

Stay away from Warface

11 posts in this topic

Forgot to mention this game is in BETA. However, some of the issues still apply considering they were stuff that could have and should have been fixed prior to Beta.

Warface is a new first person shooter being made by Crytek. I don't know anything about Crytek's other games, but I certainly hope they aren't as bad as Warface.

At first, you'll be drawn in by the small game size, appealing graphics, and wonderful UI, but in the end you'll be severely disappointed by the gameplay and lack of a decent story or background.

You're essentially thrown into this conflict between two factions that's never really explained as well as you'd want it to be. It looks like they added the whole co-op/story mode to make the game look "new" and "fresh" because it's not multiplayer oriented, which it really is.

Regarding the gameplay, at first it was okay, but in the end it just comes off as a pretty bad shooter. Gun hits don't always register well, and you practically have to empty your whole clip at medium to long range to kill a person. Their unique sort version of sliding is neat at first, but it's pretty spammable and takes away from the overall experience of the game. 

Like I said before, the only good things regarding this game are the great UI and menus, as well as their F2P model. Apparently, you'll be charging Kredits to buy things, but they're mostly cosmetic.

All in all, I really wouldn't waste your time even playing it. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention the stupid "G-Face" account you have to make to play it. Please, no more third party shit.

Crytek made Crysis, I would think that everybody would know what games Crytek developed, but i guess not.

I think evolve will provide a better co op experience.

ThE_MarD likes this

Crytek made Crysis, I would think that everybody would know what games Crytek developed, but i guess not.

I think evolve will provide a better co op experience.

I've never played Crysis, so no I didn't know that. I had begun to assume that though, since Crysis and Crytek are similar in name.

You would think this game would be a lot better then.

I've never played Crysis, so no I didn't know that. I had begun to assume that though, since Crysis and Crytek are similar in name.

You would think this game would be a lot better then.

yea i don't know what it is with Evolve being the same kind of game as warface, yet i see that game more appealing/fun than warface.

I played it ages ago during beta and actually liked it. I'm a fan of cooperative shooters and this one actually had a decent difficulty curve in each mission that kept things interesting. I did hear that they changed quite a bit about it though.

i had fun playing warface.

And to be fair it is still in beta

ThE_MarD likes this

That's cool if you enjoy it. I'm just posting my experiences with it.

And yeah, it's in beta, but there are gameplay mechanics that are bad (in my opinion) and beta is usually past the whole mechanics stage.

Alexander452 likes this

yeah, but the beta thing was more with the story issue

I agree with opinion on warface.

I personally haven't even managed to play the game since i cant even get the buggy launcher to work and causing my pc (yes my pc) to crash to a black screen making me have to hard reboot my computer. And from what i heard its not just me haveing the problems.

Besides I never really trust F2P games aside from a select few (TF2, For example).

Want my advice? stay far,FAR away from Warface until and if it gets patched ans fixed.

Heyyo,

Warface is Crytek's first attempt at a competitive FPS with Free To Play business model AND using the game browser for the content. It's quite the adjustment. The game does look nice, and it did maintain the same flow of movement as Crysis which is nice... but I just didn't feel compelled to play it. One of the main gameplay modes is of course the demolition mode made popular in Counter-Strike. It was fun for a while, but I just didn't feel excited to play it lol. So it's a pretty good entry for what it is, a first person shooter with a free-to-play business model... but compared to bigger FPS games out there? it doesn't stack up.

So I'm saying, is that we shouldn't compare it to games like Battlefield, Counter-Strike or even Call of Duty. It should be compared to other free-to-play FPS games... and if you look at it like that? It's actually one of the best.

• Heroes & Generals? Definitely the best Free to Play FPS game out there.. but it does take forever to grind weapons.. which sucks when you upgrade a soldier to tanker... only to find out you need to grind dozens and dozens of battles just to unlock the Thompson... even more for a handgun... but other than that annoyance? Yep, still it is definitely my favorite free to play FPS.
  • Planetside 2? I really do enjoy this game as well, another fantastic free to play fps.... just a lot less as of late. My favorite part was grouping with my friends in Harassers and wrecking people with out G20 Vulcan... until they nerfed both. I rarely play Planetside 2 now...
  • Battlefield Free 2 Play was alright, but I never ended up really getting into it...
  • Aliance of Valiant Arms was another good looking F2P FPS but I found that one more boring than Warface...
  • Soldier Front 2.. tbh? Don't have an opinion on it heh I haven't tried it yet... graphics look nice aside from the odd very low-res texture.
  • Soldier Front... ugh... lol. It just felt so generic much like...
  • Crossfire... another generic free to play FPS.. I barely touched this one either.

I can't really think of any other great FPS F2P games... most don't really stand out.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0