• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RayLionheart

InFAMOUS vs. Prototype

35 posts in this topic

Oh man, I had this debate several times with my friends back when these two games came out! :D Almost all my gamer friends had a PS3 so we would all discuss which superhero game to buy: Prototype or Infamous.

I've played both of them more than once now and normally I would say my vote goes to Infamous: A great story with a twist ending, intuitive controls (although that automatic 'lock-on grab' mechanic can backfire from time to time) and morality choices that encourage a second playthrough.: Great stuff!

BUT...(and this is a big but!)

I LOVE FUCKING SHIT UP IN PROTOTYPE!!!

Seriously, I find myself coming back to this game time and time again if I just wanna run around wreaking havoc in the city, busting up bases, killing mutants with insane abilities and HIJACKING CHOPPERS!! (that never gets old). Yea, the story's pretty dull and the game is basically a rip-off of Hulk: Total Destruction but damn, those powers and abilities make this one insane game I can't get enough of!

So, in the long run it's Infamous all the way through (Infamous2 is even better in my opinion) but I'll keep Prototype around, just for the sake of smashing and slicing stuff when I get bored :P

They are almost the same I personally prefer Prototype mainly because it doesn't have a stupid moral choice aspect

but nice comparison overall good job.

I never said I hated the series, I just said I prefer Infamous series over Prototype series because at least Infamous series was able to deliver with its sequel. Infamous enhanced on what it was built upon where as with Prototype 2 it felt like I was merely doing the same thing as the first game just with a new character. And having Alex Mercer as the villain was rather dull choice to me. He was viewed as the good guy (in some sense) in the first game but turns villainous in the second game? I just didn't get that at all. The Beast was also far cooler an enemy then Alex Mercer.

My point is valid you just don't get the argument.

I don't agree. Prototype 2 did the same Infamous 2 did. Improve the level up system, give a  bit more story and character; and of course give more gameplay, especially in case of the side missions. 

Alex Mercer as the villain makes sense when knowing about the comics, where he developes a change over time. 

And I don't agree. Sure, John was neat, but Alex was just a badass, who was at least somewhat difficult to beat.

I say your argument is invalid and that I indeed got your argument, but I don't agree with it.

wow i did a video of this last year, funny seeing the topic again.

i'll say i enjoy both quite heavily. if i want to play a game with a good story and characters, with badass lightning powers: infamous

if i just wanna destroy everything in sight: prototype

I'm glad you understand :3 

Here, have a cookie. :3 *gives big cookie*

I personally enjoys both, to the point like everyone else, its a tie.

Though, a certain savior under the name Yahtzee helps me to decide on which is the best (He says inFamous, I'll say Prototype)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6228-Yahtzees-Prototype-vs-InFamous-Challenge

Actually, this genious of a man states that both are equally great. If you take this imbecilic contest serious to measure the quality of a game, then you haven't learned anything from this amazing stallion. 

I'm not blaming you to do so, since your opinion has been made obvious, but I just wanted to point it out ^^ 

I have only seen Infamous played and never played it myself so I can't say in one way or the other regarding that game.

As for Prototype honestly I never felt like a bad ass really, Prototype 2 was better in that regard in my opinion but there is one mission in particular that I remember where you have to chase down a tank and consume the guy inside. No matter what I did I kept getting shot while trying to break into the tank. I died a fair bit in that segment.

But overall I like the idea of the super powered person element, I think it could have been better executed however.

You had problems hunting down Taggard? Realz? It wasn't the easies mission but just climb in a tank and baam, everything is dead. Then climb out and hunt him even more.

The game really is not very difficult, especially on easy mode. 

And everything can be executed better, with the possible exception of Columbo. 

Oh man, I had this debate several times with my friends back when these two games came out! :D Almost all my gamer friends had a PS3 so we would all discuss which superhero game to buy: Prototype or Infamous.

I've played both of them more than once now and normally I would say my vote goes to Infamous: A great story with a twist ending, intuitive controls (although that automatic 'lock-on grab' mechanic can backfire from time to time) and morality choices that encourage a second playthrough.: Great stuff!

BUT...(and this is a big but!)

I LOVE FUCKING SHIT UP IN PROTOTYPE!!!

Seriously, I find myself coming back to this game time and time again if I just wanna run around wreaking havoc in the city, busting up bases, killing mutants with insane abilities and HIJACKING CHOPPERS!! (that never gets old). Yea, the story's pretty dull and the game is basically a rip-off of Hulk: Total Destruction but damn, those powers and abilities make this one insane game I can't get enough of!

So, in the long run it's Infamous all the way through (Infamous2 is even better in my opinion) but I'll keep Prototype around, just for the sake of smashing and slicing stuff when I get bored :P

I call this a 100% positive approval.

They are almost the same I personally prefer Prototype mainly because it doesn't have a stupid moral choice aspect

but nice comparison overall good job.

I see your point. Moral Choice can be stupid, but I like it :3

And thank you very much.

Actually, this genious of a man states that both are equally great. If you take this imbecilic contest serious to measure the quality of a game, then you haven't learned anything from this amazing stallion. 

I'm not blaming you to do so, since your opinion has been made obvious, but I just wanted to point it out ^^ 

Obviously I don't take it seriously (well, how can you measure two great games in a competition on who wears the best bikini. Its stupid) but I usually lean more on Prototype since, Alex is just more awesome than Cole. That's about it, and nothing more

Obviously I don't take it seriously (well, how can you measure two great games in a competition on who wears the best bikini. Its stupid) but I usually lean more on Prototype since, Alex is just more awesome than Cole. That's about it, and nothing more

If badass equals anti-hero, then yeah, Alex is clearly more badass. :3