• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BreakingxJesus

Crafting specialization

Crafting   38 members have voted

1. 1. What crafting skill lines do you plan on specializing in?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

Don't completely understand everything about crafting but I plan on specializing in woodworking so i can make good bows... so if ur in need of someone to make you a good bow/sheilds add me when the game is released.

I plan on "maxing" clothing, blacksmithing, woodworking and maybe enchanting. By "maxing" I mean taking 9/9 in tailoring, metalworking, woodworking and also 3/3 in expertises for improving item quality. By current information we should have plenty of extra skillpoints ... and honestly I don't see myself taking "just in case" 3rd or 4th weapon skill but put the points instead to crafting skills.

I plan on making a Sorcerer at launch.  And if anyone has noticed in the betta, food and drinks can increase your survival rate like crazy.  Therefore I will be focusing on Provisioning along with a bit of enchanting to get the perks for soul shards, need those dang things.

Dark Elf Nightblade - Clothing and Woodworking.

Orc Dragon Knight - Blacksmithing and Provisioning.

Breton Sorc - Alchemy and Enchanting.

Bank space is shared so I can stock up on potions, food, enchants, armour and weapons for all my alts by maxing crafting on 3 characters.

You get plenty of points IF you play the game. 

BreakingxJesus likes this

Not sure if I can even get the game but my thoughts are currently blacksmithing and enchanting

ive already got the game, but i dont play the betas (much) because im trying to keep it somewhat spoiler free so i can have my oooooh and aaahhhhhhs on my actual character and not some temp placeholder

as such i dont know much about the crafting skills.

im going sorc and i will be PVPing alot so anything that helps out there i guess

that provisioning sounds good

All of them? :D

seriously though, i'm going to invest heavily in all the crafting skills

my main will be a heavy armor dragonknight khajiit so blacksmithing is a must

weapons will be 1 hand and shield and bow for ranged, so woodworking as well

enchanting to give my crafted gear an extra oomph

alchemy at end game to make the best potions for mid battle

provisioning to make useful buffing items

and clothing just for the hell of it ^u^

Bah had to delete my vote after considering... I generally roll many characters, thus i can only assume I shall unlock ALL crafting skills, focusing one on 6 toons to get em all. I know i can generally ask a AJSA trooper/guild member/random stranger for anything i need but damn it I am Canadian, i prefer not to have to bother anyone if i need something!

I'm going to focus hard on enchanting, alchemy, and cooking.

I plan to have one alt focus on most of the crafting. My other toons can gather resources and share them through the bank (including gear that I want traits from). This way I can focus on PvP/PvE for my other toons. (I found out in this past beta that you can have research going on more then one skill at a time, and can lvl the skills to research more then one thing at a time. So I guess I'll have a farming alt).

Jackschmit likes this

They've said in the Q&A's that you can pick as many of the crafting trees as you want but then you are limiting the number of skill points into the combat trees. (Apparently the "ideal" number of max'd profs is 2) but depending on how versatile you want your combat skills or how set you are in what you want to do ie: only tank only ranged dps you can choose to branch out more into other skills trees such as crafting. I think for me I see huge benefit into leveling provisioning as I go and will probably try to keep up either blacksmithing or alchemy (since I noticed a ton of guild members are picking BS I may swing to a different one as long as you guys plan on playing the game for awhile!) It is very nice that regardless of the crafting tree you pick you can gather mats for any of them 

BreakingxJesus likes this

They've said in the Q&A's that you can pick as many of the crafting trees as you want but then you are limiting the number of skill points into the combat trees. (Apparently the "ideal" number of max'd profs is 2) but depending on how versatile you want your combat skills or how set you are in what you want to do ie: only tank only ranged dps you can choose to branch out more into other skills trees such as crafting. I think for me I see huge benefit into leveling provisioning as I go and will probably try to keep up either blacksmithing or alchemy (since I noticed a ton of guild members are picking BS I may swing to a different one as long as you guys plan on playing the game for awhile!) It is very nice that regardless of the crafting tree you pick you can gather mats for any of them 

Yeah when I made the poll i was under the impression that u can only specialize in 2 trees, however, Eso realized that ppl would just make alts to bypass this limitation so they decided to allow all trees... however i suspect specializing in everything will hinder ones character for PvP. (curious to see the skill balance in the future) 

I believe there will be plenty of SP to spend. Even with all crafting you will propably have enogh for one class, one weapon, one armor and still few points remain. It will definately slow your combat skill progression though.

Probably well into level 50 you'll have enough points to consider branching out into more than 2 or (possibly) 3 crafting skills but by that time I would expect that AJSA will have crafters proficient in all crafting skill lines and unless there are some awesome BOP items (and I'm not sure if that is a thing in this game or not) there will be little reason to branch out at that point since anyone can gather most resources regardless of their professions.

I really wanted to specialize in enchanting, but finding the stupid squares is harder than it looks. Putting the point into finding runes helped a little, but I still run right past them if I don't know where to look. The only good thing I've noticed is that when the runes respawn they can change, so in theory you could find 4 places and run around a circuit and get different runes each time. Havne't done that yet, but I'm guessing it's possible. Or maybe this is just me. Anyone else doing Enchanting and having better luck?

^ personally Daknar I also have trouble finding em, so I got my enchanter to level 19ish (it's not my main character right now) and tossed some points into the hireling. aside from that i deconstruct every damn rune I find. Still seems slow to level up, but i am making some progress at least.