• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

powbear

Is G2A a legit retailer?

54 posts in this topic

First of all... HELLO! I am Powbear, big AJ fan from Romania (yes that place somewhere in Europe no one goes to).

I pride myself on being quite a big gamer, however between food, water, electricity, internet, the ocassional bottle of tequila, my salary is pretty much depleted. I manage to save up enough for some big names (Bioshock Infinite for example, well worth the money), but sometimes 60$ is just to much for me to pay for a game. So I'm always on the lookout for deals such as Steam sales.

Recently a friend of mine turned me onto this website G2A. Apparently it's some retailer from somewhere in Europe that sells a wide variety of games at considerably reduced prices.

Seemed a bit weird so I started to do some google searches. Found some forums where people said they bought without any problems, Trustpilot gives it a 7.4 / 10 and says pretty good things about it. So far it seems legit.

Right now I have my eyes on a WoD CD-Key Preorder for 23.99 euros : https://www.g2a.com/r/warlords-of-draenor . That would be a huge money saver for me, problem is you only get the key 2 days before launch. That means I'm puting a lot of trust into them to deliver a product in like what? 6 months from now?

And we're finally at my question. Has anyone here used G2A? Are they reliable? Will they send the CD-Key on time? I don't want to end up with the key late and miss launch of WoD for example.

Any opinions are welcomed!

I've seen both streamers and youtubers say they've partnered up with the site and even have their own discount codes to allow people to kick the price down a bit. Jackfrags would be an example, I guess. One of my friends also bought Thief off of there last week, so yeah... It's legit. Take note, though, my friend had to contact live support in order to confirm his order. Only then did they give him his key. Dunno why they do that. >.>

It looks slightly sketchy to me but if other people confirm it's legitimacy, then I'm interested in how they keep their prices that low.

(Some tips from a long-time deal hunter)

If you're looking for sites that sell steam keys at pretty low prices, you could also try Nuuvem.comYou have to use Paypal to check out, though. You also have to use chrome and turn on the translator. (The website is in Portuguese)

I also use cheapshark to track the bigger deals.

Happy Hunting!

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Right now G2A is giving out a bunch of free Reaper of Souls CD-Keys, trying to snatch one of those. If it's all up and up I'll go ahead and buy WoD. I'll let you know how it goes!

I believe it's same kind of retailer as the other, like Kinguin. It sells you CD-keys from retail boxes. Basically this is not legal, and Steam and Origin has right to ban you, but the chances for that are minimal (very minimal). If you don't get CD-key, or the CD-key you buy might be already used, you don't basically have any guarantee to get it.

I personally try to stay away from these sites, but I end up picking Origin keys and Uplay keys sometimes. The difference between G2A and e.g. GMG is that GMG is authorized reseller, whereas G2A buys boxed copies and takes the CD-key.

You shouldn't be too scared of these sites, unless it's fairly new, and the reviews don't look too good. You should also check what people say in the reviews, since some of those might have exactly same review, so they've been made by bots.

Legit or not, In my experience, when sites like that offer those kinds of deals, someone, somewhere is losing money.

I wouldn't advise anyone to use a site like that, but refer them to more well known and respected sources. GoG for example.

Glaice likes this

Legit or not, In my experience, when sites like that offer those kinds of deals, someone, somewhere is losing money.

I wouldn't advise anyone to use a site like that, but refer them to more well known and respected sources. GoG for example.

G2A is pretty legit i just bought Batlefield 4 for 20 EUR. Got the key instatly in my email then i enter it on Origin and am currently downloading, i don't think anyone is losing money but i think EA is losing money because i bought a game thats ment to be exclusive to Origin. 

People should just give it a try since alot of popular YouTubers keep promoting G2A it like Pewdiepie , JackFrags ect...

Dyzzles likes this

G2A and a host of other alternative key shops are legit, yes. Even some of the shadier ones are entirely trustworthy or at the very least by using paypal you cannot get ripped off, ever. I never actually had to retract a payment, once I had to contact support over a bad key at gamehunter and they replaced it immediately. 

But anyway I only used G2A once and it worked fine.

It looks slightly sketchy to me but if other people confirm it's legitimacy, then I'm interested in how they keep their prices that low.

(Some tips from a long-time deal hunter)

If you're looking for sites that sell steam keys at pretty low prices, you could also try Nuuvem.comYou have to use Paypal to check out, though. You also have to use chrome and turn on the translator. (The website is in Portuguese)

I also use cheapshark to track the bigger deals.

Happy Hunting!

Most south american games won't activate outside the continent anymore. Same with the russians, it killed a lot of indepedent key resellers from eastern europe, I used to buy off of one in Portugal actually.

Short of them selling stolen games which would probably be tracked real fast since they're all available online the only people who might possibly lose in this are publishers but it's likely the publishers made the deal with those resellers in the first place or sold in bulk, either way most new releases are only slightly discounted.

G2A buys games from Russia.. So yeah it's a legit retailer, though I've heard of cases where the buyers get russian versions of those games, where the game is in Russian, with no way to fix it steam-side.. Though those are rare cases, but it's just something to look out for.

REVIEW:

G2A the only digital platform where you buy, sell and even get paid!

First of all I'd really like to recommend this site to every gamer! G2A is a retailer which means that cd-keys are resold by other gamers.

If you are researching the internet to find the best digital store with cdkeys, then really don't look any further - G2A is your number one source of cd-keys at best prices and redeem codes.

The store offers a wide variety of games, including the best-selling titles and less popular ones as well which is a good thing.

OK, now that you've chosen your game, the time has come to choose desired ce-key. Here, you can choose from a variety of cd-keys sold by different sellers. There are many cd-keys that are currently available resulting in that you can typically find your game at a much lower price and still use G2A Shield protection described here:

It is difficult to exaggerate the value of so called 'G2A Shield' which is supposed to protect you in case there is something wrong with the cd-key you are willing to buy. You have to pay for it a little but still, it is worth it and you can be sure you won't get disappointed.

Contrary to many other shops, the G2A's layout is very intuitive, modern and easy on the eye so that you certainly won't get confused.

Another important thing to note is that the company allowes you to participate in their new program called Goldmine. It is just perfect for gamers because if you put some effort into it, you can easily earn some additional money (and for ex. spend it on expanding your games collection) if someone buys a game thanks to your recommendation.

I'd really recommend it. If you want to register on goldmine for some more details, you can do it under the following link:

http://bit.ly/1qVZB1Q

Usually I'm quite careful when buying from digital cdkey stores of this type but with G2A the purchase was just fine - The moment I bought a game, I got a valid cd-key in my mailbox so I'm really satisfied with this shop.

Apart from frequent weekly sales and discounts on even most popular games, you can use these promo codes when buying cd-key to pay even less for it.

You can enter the shop to buy the game of your choice and redeem the code under this link:

http://bit.ly/1pqkiPx

Use the following codes:

EUYX-M6K0-5OYS

DRSB-3SAG-Y8GZ

O9EH-XRUH-GWG9

MFHA-AGX8-S2IW

EJEW-0R3X-NMUZ

Enjoy!

I've only bought one thing from them, and it was an American iTunes gift card (screw you Autralian iTunes prices). I personally think it's a bit sketchy to provide "insurance" to guarantee that you actually receive the item that you paid for, but they're not too bad.

You do need to provide them with your phone number, so if you don't want to provide it, you're out of luck.

All their PSN stuff is hugely overpriced.

A $50 giftcard is like $70. Doesn't make sense.

I've bought games from that website before and i have never had any issues at all, so i would say it is pretty legit.

But let me link you this website buddy : http://www.dlcompare.com/

dlcompare collects a ton of legit, as far as i know, webshops that sells games and i 100% guarantee that you will find cheaper games on any of these sites than in retail stores (:

Of course steam sales or other platform sales might occasionally beat their prices but 90% of the time i'd say that their prices are so much lower, i've saved hundreds of dollars so far :D

All their PSN stuff is hugely overpriced.

A $50 giftcard is like $70. Doesn't make sense.

200.gif

Batmetal brothers unite! :D

I really am liking g2a as a retailer.

I have bought a few cd keys from them and they seem to deliver within the few hours.

Would reocmmend them basedo n my experience alone. I have heard some bad things but I think it may be other companies trying to spread rumors anyway I like thier support I accidently used the wrong email and the support was awesome about it!

I've bought keys from the site before without problems (no pre-orders though).

But i have heard their name come up with the recent thing about dev's getting requests for keys from people impersonating youtubers to supposedly make a video about their game. And supposedly those keys ended up on G2A and other cheap gamekey sites.

So yeah i think bought keys on the site will work but i think somebody out there is being screwed over by it, probably the devs themself.

Seems like a legit retailer. I bought The Saboteur for Origin from there, and the code they gave me worked.

Ah, I miss the days when we could simply take what we needed from the land and rob nobles of their "hard earned" inheritance. Sadly, tis not so... no we have to resort to coupon cutting and deal hunting. Guess I'll just put that Double-sided battleaxe on layaway again this year...

First of all... HELLO! I am Powbear, big AJ fan from Romania (yes that place somewhere in Europe no one goes to).

I pride myself on being quite a big gamer, however between food, water, electricity, internet, the ocassional bottle of tequila, my salary is pretty much depleted. I manage to save up enough for some big names (Bioshock Infinite for example, well worth the money), but sometimes 60$ is just to much for me to pay for a game. So I'm always on the lookout for deals such as Steam sales.

Recently a friend of mine turned me onto this website G2A. Apparently it's some retailer from somewhere in Europe that sells a wide variety of games at considerably reduced prices.

Seemed a bit weird so I started to do some google searches. Found some forums where people said they bought without any problems, Trustpilot gives it a 7.4 / 10 and says pretty good things about it. So far it seems legit.

Right now I have my eyes on a WoD CD-Key Preorder for 23.99 euros : https://www.g2a.com/r/warlords-of-draenor . That would be a huge money saver for me, problem is you only get the key 2 days before launch. That means I'm puting a lot of trust into them to deliver a product in like what? 6 months from now?

And we're finally at my question. Has anyone here used G2A? Are they reliable? Will they send the CD-Key on time? I don't want to end up with the key late and miss launch of WoD for example.

Any opinions are welcomed!

Yes, It's legit. I bought Far Cry 4 from them here recently. Just make sure that you buy from G2A, and not the other pepole selling. Have fun!

Yes and no. I highly reccomend you watch Total biscuits "content patch" about Ubisoft keys being indeed stolen (one of the most recent vids). He discusses G2A and a few other dealers. Basically what it boils down to is G2A is kind of legit. They are what he terms as a Grey Market dealer. The codes that come from G2A could literally come from someone who held a shipment up at gunpoint and then took them, and put them up. Or, the keys were fraudulantly bought by stolen credit card information, put up en masse. His video gives specific examples from specific developers. Ubisoft recently had to revoke something like 30,000 keys sold by G2A and Kinguin due to them being fraudulantly purchased using identity theft and then resold. So, it is buyer beware.

Another example of how they can sell at lower costs than say... Steam is the fact that computers by and large are not region locked. So in rich countries, such as USA, UK, etc you know that list, games are sold at full price. In lower GDP countries, publishers will sell games at a reduced cost because no one is going to buy their product at $60. Everyone is going to pirate it at that rate. So in order to make some sales, most Eastern European nations get codes for a reduced cost, sometimes as low as $30 a code for a brand new game that costs $60 in the US. So some enterprising individuals have taken it upon themselves to mass buy these cheap codes, put them up to $40 or so and make a heck ton of money. This is called grey market buying. This even exists here in the United States, where I'm based. I have a friend that will routinely take trips to brazil with Xbox 1's (that are not region locked). and sell them for around $700. Thats still a good deal for them because the One costs equivalent to $850. Is it right? Who knows.

Here is a link to TB's video: http://youtu.be/t-67CvWTQ0I?t=11m3s I have qued it to where he starts talking about the issue.

Hello. Think before you work with the system G2A as seller. After 2500 Sales (1300 positive comments about my product) my account was blocked. For the fact that I have added one not corrected the product (loaded keys, which unfortunately turned out to be not working), after 2 sales (one I had to make a refund) my account was blocked. Yes, 2 sales are not correct keys, even though 1,300 of my positive feedback. After that, I do not give to withdraw ~600 euros from my account (the total amount of the turnover amounted to more than 1000 euro) . I wrote about 10 letters in support of those - I can not unlock your account, do not say the reason - simply refused to unlock. My earnings are not allowed to withdraw from the system. I give their data - up to ID, many screenshots, but nothing happens. 

I think just found a reason not to pay me my 600 euros. Сommunicate with me no one wants to say that the decision is not changed. If you are interested - I can provide additional screenshots from my account.

Screenshots:

AV6jgUuo.png

pS2Lr57x.png

JMvQ3cDY.png

They usually ask for legitimacy of what someone sells, happened to me a bunch of times. I'm sure that others have found a way to trick the system and put up broken keys or something, so it's still good to be careful. But I haven't bought anything that didn't work from there so far.