• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Vale

Kerbal Space Program

32 posts in this topic

If you like space simulation & exploration this game (while still in development) is a lot of fun, from making your own ships to landing on various planets it's a pretty good time in my opinion. The physics of space travel are fairly accurately represented and while challenging to begin with it's very satisfying to land safely (or mostly safely) on another moon or planet.

Ep5443l.jpgAngry army Kerbals reporting from the Mun :D

If you have the game and want the Angry Army flag you can download it here - http://i.imgur.com/T3qJQG2.png

All you need to do is place the png in your 

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Flags

folder and it will be selectable as a campaign or sandbox flag.

Upload pictures of your journeys successful or otherwise for all to see, the Angry Army will take over the galaxy!

Hardcore Od likes this

I do own it and play it occasionally. As OP said, it's pretty hard but the satisfaction when a mission is successful is amazing. And of course, how nervous you get when you're close to succeeding and don't want to fuck it up. Really cool game, definitely worth the money.

Vale likes this

Love Kerbal Space Program! and thanks for the Flag ;)

You're welcome, it's very easy to make custom flags they just need to be the right dimensions (256x160) and file format (png) then just throw it in your flags folder and you're set, good luck in space :P

Have it, love every bit of it. Every aspect of it, the challenge, the nerves, frustration and satisfaction when a mission is finally successful. And explosions. Especially the explosions.

No better game to make you feel stupid and have a great time doing it. Spending so much time designing a rocket only to watch it go horribly wrong while Jebediah is having the time of his (very short) life.

Vale likes this

Love this game, but have only ever got to Minmus, any advice?

Really like this game, however can't get anywhere without mods ^^

also if you like it for just building stuff you should check out Space engineers. It's still an alpha but you can build some awsome ships ^^

Now back on topic :P love the kerbals but i never have enough fuel to just get to the moon ^^

also if you like it for just building stuff you should check out Space engineers. It's still an alpha but you can build some awsome ships ^^

Now back on topic :P love the kerbals but i never have enough fuel to just get to the moon ^^

i just so happed to have set up a thread for that game http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/821-space-engineers/

Maybe we should do a community save file for people to work on togather. like a mun base, space station and other stuff.

Lord Baldur likes this

Maybe we should do a community save file for people to work on togather. like a mun base, space station and other stuff.

Totally agree.

Also, I like the idea that the KSP forums have where you get points for accomplishing certain goals within the game. Maybe we could make something like that here on our forums and have like a scoreboard.

I'm gonna request a section just for KSP and maybe make a new save file for AJSA to make bases, stations and stuff.

Thing is to have enough delta v "on" your rocket. Getting to the mun is piss-easy, that's why it's such a huge milestone for new players. I remember when I first had a successful landing and return, shit was amazing.

To do this first step in your space exploring, you need a good enough rocket and understand a few of the basic maneuvers.

4 stages should be enough, one for establishing an orbit (recommend 3 largest "double tanks" and mainsail engine as one "stick" in the center, surrounded with 4 same "sticks" around it with 4x symmetry), second for mun transition and landing (the same design only with smaller tanks and only 2 of them should suffice, three is too much, and nuclear engine) and third for return (parachute + 2x smaller double tank with nuclear engine).

How to get there :

1. start by going horizontally until you hit at least 20k apoapsis, then turn to face 90° to the west (if you haven't rotated then you turn "to the right"), when your apoapsis hits 70-80k then you go horizontal until you have a stable orbit with both apoapsis and periapsis above 70k äoutside the atmosphere.

2. Now you wait until you see mun rise above the horizont, then burn prograde until you get an encounter with mun. After you hit your mun apoapsis burn retrograde until you have a stable orbit. After that burn retro some more until your periapsis disappears into the mun. Now just burn retrograde and move with the vector. After hitting about 5k height, slow down to about 50 meters per second and slow down until you see your landing shadow, then slow down to at least 10 or more m/s. You might misjudge your speed and you wont be able to slow down in time, resulting in a rather dramatic crash into the mun. This happened to all of us, dont worry :-) Just follow the retrograde vector until you have a nice, comfortable contact. Horay, now you can EVA, do science, screenshots and probably piss yourself in excitement since you'll most likely fail a couple of times at first.

3. Getting back is easy, just wait for kerbin to appear above you and burn towards it. After you leave muns sphere of influence, just kill your orbital velocity by burning retrograde, until your peri disappears, then decouple everything unnecessary and after you hit the lower atmosphere (after the atmospheric effects dissappear, dont worry, theyre just eye candy currently, no real danger) deploy your parachute and watch as your command pod slowly descends.

4. YAY!

Or watch some of the numerous videos on YT that explain it in more detail.

Once you learn the basics, the game becomes much more rewarding for accomplishing these hard missions :-)

Certainly not something for a casual player

It looks too confusing for me, but if i were to get the game i would just purposefully crash ships loaded with fuel and kerbals into the ground! >:D

Looks like a game I'd probably no-life.

I'll definitely buy it in the next few days.

@ Zipp3r28

Thanks for the explanation, i will definitly try this.

Haven't played the game for a while, well i am more of a casual gamer now ^^

But Look out Moon i'm on the way hehe.

Hehe we could post some pictures of our Kerbals planting the angry joe flag :P

okay guys, I made ourselves a new save, just unzip this into your game directory "saves" folder.

It's a career mode with a couple of science nodes unlocked from messing around on Kerbin.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ctd9aqkjcfei12h/AJSA.rar

Here's a little scoreboard I made for us to compete:

KERBIN:

Plant flags on both poles : 200

Put a probe on the geostationary orbit: 300

Put a space station in the orbit with at least 3 docked ships: 10 000

THE MUN:

Plant a flag on the mun: 500

Put a flag on at least one anomaly on the mun: 5 000

Plant a flag on every anomaly on the mun: 25 000

Establish a base consisting of at least 1 living quarters, one generator room, one lifesupport and one rover: 10 000

Deliver a rover on the mun: 1 000

Put a space station on the mun's orbit (3 docked ships): 15 000

MINMUS:

Plant a flag on minmus: 300

Put a flag on at least one anomaly on minmus: 3 000

Plant a flag on every anomaly on minmus: 17 000

Establish a base consisting of at least 1 living quarters, one generator room, one lifesupport and one rover: 7 000

Deliver a rover to minmus : 700

Put a space station on the minmus' orbit (3 docked ships): 12 000

More to come

This game is awesome. some of my best FFS! moments and also some of my best "WOOHOO I DID IT! moments in any game ever.

Love this game, but have only ever got to Minmus, any advice?

^^Youtube is your friend^^ Seriously, theres so many helpful videos on there. Would have rage quitted it very early on if i hadnt looked on there.

Also...... "cough mecjeb cough"  ;)

Also...... "cough mecjeb cough"  ;)

You can't be serious. It's like playing an FPS shooter with aimbot and autofire + wallhack

Abexuro likes this

I play it every now and then... always end up in the ground xD

You can't be serious. It's like playing an FPS shooter with aimbot and autofire + wallhack

I fully agree with you. You can get pretty much anywhere without installing mods or using cheats, the only thing that might be a "mission impossible" is returning from a landing on Eve. The rest is all quite do-able.

I fully agree with you. You can get pretty much anywhere without installing mods or using cheats, the only thing that might be a "mission impossible" is returning from a landing on Eve. The rest is all quite do-able.

I bet ya I could do even that. You need approximately 13 000 delta v to get from Eve surface to orbit. That would have to be a Huuuuuge rocket, basically a single stage to Eve with refueling at Eve's orbit before landing. Then you do about 7-8 asparagus staging to get from Surface to orbit, leaving you only with one "stick" that gets refueled at the orbit for return. Very difficult and time consuming, but certainly not impossible. Actually I think Scott Manley did this, but he used mechpleb so it doesn't count

I bet ya I could do even that. You need approximately 13 000 delta v to get from Eve surface to orbit. That would have to be a Huuuuuge rocket, basically a single stage to Eve with refueling at Eve's orbit before landing. Then you do about 7-8 asparagus staging to get from Surface to orbit, leaving you only with one "stick" that gets refueled at the orbit for return. Very difficult and time consuming, but certainly not impossible. Actually I think Scott Manley did this, but he used mechpleb so it doesn't count

Yeah it's gonna be a difficult job just to get there ^^

Getting back is like mission impossible. (well i'm still practicing the mun :P)

Anywayz with the in game build stuff now to plan your orbit thingys it's a lot easier now ^^

Also Scott manly does have some interesting video's to watch ^^

V1Kt0oy.jpg

Unmanned rover on Moho, the closest planet to Kerbins sun

BgbpmXj.jpg

A somewhat successful landing which fell over on Eve though no damage was sustained.