• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Muddy-Chan

What do you want to achieve?

45 posts in this topic

G'day again!

The title above may be a bit of a tricky question, so let me clarify it a bit more.

Do you have sort of goal you want to achieve in your DotA 2 life? If you do, what is this goal?

As an example, let me state my goal:

Much like DOFR is considered to be the best Meepo player in the guild (if anyone wants to contest this, go talk to him), my goal is to become the best Puck player this guild has. It's a long way off, judging by how my recent performances of Puck have proven to be quite disappointing, but it's a goal that I one day want to achieve. I've been helped out along the way by a lot of friends, both in the guild and other people ( By the way, I would like to say thanks to mrderwisj, mrfool and DOFR for taking the time out of their lives to teach me a couple things about Puck and the mid-lane in general. It is greatly appreciated :) ) and I think that I could be able to achieve my goal in the future.

Alright, there's my goal. What's yours?

MrDerwisj likes this

Well this may be a basic goal i would like to master the shift queing cause some heroes you need to be good at it to play them like swag king and pudge nah my serious goal is to be the best shadow shaman ever and master ward trapping he is one of my favorite heroes and the times i do ward trap usually cause i panic i feel so damn awesome and i scream I AM GOD.

Muddy-Chan likes this

My goal for DOTA is playing every character at least once. And then learning how to play with actual teamplayers.

Muddy-Chan and mrfool like this

I personally think becoming the best at 'x' is kinda hard, imo!
But my current dota 2 goal is breaching 1k gpm, legit. (so no farming on afk'ers,...)
My current record is 922. :)

Also, I'd like Alabast and wei to feed less.
#justajsadotathings

KanKraken, mrfool and Muddy-Chan like this

I personally think becoming the best at 'x' is kinda hard, imo!

But my current dota 2 goal is breaching 1k gpm, legit. (so no farming on afk'ers,...)

My current record is 922. :)

Also, I'd like Alabast and wei to feed less.

#justajsadotathings

It is hard to become the best at "x", but I'm determined to do it one day :P . On the bright side, it means I can stay with this goal for a very long time.

I also wish you the best of luck in your goal. Well, I wish everyone luck in their goals. 1k GPM is a thing that is rarely achieved, usually meaning you're going to have to kill like at least one person every 2 minutes. It'll be tough, but you can pull it off.

For CptFabulous, Shaman is a great support. He has lockdown AND substantial pushing power AND an easy way to fuck over single targets, which is very nice. I believe that you can become the best Shaman player the guild has, you just gotta practice.

As for DemonsColt, it'll take a while, but your goal can and has been achieved by many people. If you put the work in, you'll be at our skill level in no time :D

I also wish you the best of luck in your goal. Well, I wish everyone luck in their goals. 1k GPM is a thing that is rarely achieved, usually meaning you're going to have to kill like at least one person every 2 minutes. It'll be tough, but you can pull it off

After reading your comments on GPM, decided to check my records on dotabuff, GPM - 1060, XPM - 1725... Guess on which hero I've achieved both of them. But anyway - my DotA 2 goals are: 1. Win the AJSA tournament 2. Get at least to some kind of decent position in any legue 3. Finally get all of my 10 favourite heroes to my top 10 played heroes (and get a decent win rate on all of them) xD

I guess my goal is to play a better Support. It's a hard role for me to play personally but I'm trying to keep up with constant warding and a roaming style of play. It's very different from how I learned to play Dota but I won't give up.

KanKraken likes this

Probably get better with all the roles so i can be really versatile. Currently my mid, farming support and ranged offlane is abit lacking. Some part due to not having wards to start so no runes, or hard support doesnt support and etc etc. Did take Shnooks advice? and try to play a bunch more solo ranked. Having mixed results but pretty near my party ranked mmr, 3000 solo vs 3244 party atm. 

Having alot of fun playing specific heroes mostly not too much variety :P probably should try to play more variety when i can :P

Goal 1: Perfecting the Carry Earthshaker.

Goal 2: Wreck as many scrublets as possible.

My goal is to make it to the International and beat every team 

Considering I'm totally new to Dota 2, my goal is to get at a very decent skill level within a month so I won't be such a scrub. 

My other goal is to master 3 heroes: Lich, Omniknight, and Chaos Knight, in that order. 

Sundaecat and mrfool like this

Considering I'm totally new to Dota 2, my goal is to get at a very decent skill level within a month so I won't be such a scrub. 

My other goal is to master 3 heroes: Lich, Omniknight, and Chaos Knight, in that order. 

Lich is weird tbh, yes you have mana to almost constantly harass due to mana skill. For me anyway the ult feels hard to time or use properly cause some games you just wont get the bounces at all. 

Omniknight is pretty interesting and really can be an in your face type of hero with the heal vs a dual melee lane. Aggs is so good on him as you can then push tier 3s even vs like an np as you can delay his push with both the fortify and the ult. Id say he is better core than a support and you generally wouldnt pick him vs a ranged carry but he is fun to use vs melee carries. if you get really ahead to begin with radiance is quite fun as you can repel and just go hit people and such while burning them :D

Chaos Knight is fun. Farm a good amount on him and then decide what you want to buy. You do need to get good farm on him though as he needs items to scale later on. He also has alot of items to choose from which is awesome.

I kinda have 2 goal . which is  hard carry and win the match with every support.(im very close to that goal btw :P)

its wierd i know but its so satisfying to kill bristleback with with IO  alone  or kill pudge with dazzle :P

and then a bit more serious goal which is getting over 4k mmr back .

I kinda have 1 goal . which is  hard carry and win the match with every support (im very close to that goal btw :P)

Well, that's good :P . Hope you have another goal ready to go for :D

I want to captain a fixed comp team, and not be totally terrible. If i could just do that, i would be much happier.

Some of you have quite high hopes.... I just want 4k mmr =/

I've been hanging around 3900s for weeks now

Finding 4 good lads to play with me and go to any tournament :)

That's it, already got a nice array of heroes i mastered, now looking for play time.

About the Omniknight: he works best when the other team is a bunch of "ooooh i am so good, i dont care that we all picked meele carries, i will pick another one and win this" guys, so you can turn on your ult and laugh maniacally as you punch their faces in :D

Muddy-Chan likes this

Some of you have quite high hopes.... I just want 4k mmr =/

I've been hanging around 3900s for weeks now

Hey, 4k MMR is a goal :P . It's actually quite an achievement, since I now have to polish your shoes as a 2.4k MMR person (I really fucked up my calibration phase, had to play with 200ms). Just a quite note, I've been told that then 4.2k -4.7k MMR spot is filled with the worst of the DotA community. It's the mxiture of people still being shit and people who think they are pro even though they are shit, and basically everyone flames everyone. Just saying for you to be prepared. Nonetheless, Good Luck with your goal! :D

Finding 4 good lads to play with me and go to any tournament :)

That's it, already got a nice array of heroes i mastered, now looking for play time.

About the Omniknight: he works best when the other team is a bunch of "ooooh i am so good, i dont care that we all picked meele carries, i will pick another one and win this" guys, so you can turn on your ult and laugh maniacally as you punch their faces in :D

Main problem with Omni I find is that his laning his utter shit. Like he's melee, all his skills require fuck tons of mana even though he's a strength hero and he has an abysmal attack animation (personally. He's a lot slower than other melee heroes to me.)

That being said, Omni has been considered to be a very broken hero if you play him right. A heal, a slow, a free BKB and an ult which MAKES YOU IMMUNE TO PHYSICAL DAMAGE (Because Fuck you Ursa), so I can completely understand why you like him so much. You should be careful of people like Timbersaw or OD, because they go Fuck You to your ults and heals and just deal colossal pure damage. Not to mention OD can dwindle down your already pathetic amount of mana

Oh, and just a little update on my original goal which was:

"Much like DOFR is considered to be the best Meepo player in the guild (if anyone wants to contest this, go talk to him), my goal is to become the best Puck player this guild has."

I have been complimented on my Puck by some people, saying that I play a very nice Puck. I also went 13-0-15 on him a couple of days back (DotAbuff Link: http://dotabuff.com/matches/586816293 ) so I think I am one step closer to getting my goal :D !

Main problem with Omni I find is that his laning his utter shit. Like he's melee, all his skills require fuck tons of mana even though he's a strength hero and he has an abysmal attack animation (personally. He's a lot slower than other melee heroes to me.)

That being said, Omni has been considered to be a very broken hero if you play him right. A heal, a slow, a free BKB and an ult which MAKES YOU IMMUNE TO PHYSICAL DAMAGE (Because Fuck you Ursa), so I can completely understand why you like him so much. You should be careful of people like Timbersaw or OD, because they go Fuck You to your ults and heals and just deal colossal pure damage. Not to mention OD can dwindle down your already pathetic amount of mana

Ok and I remember someone(BTS caster, Synderen, maybe purge) saying that omni is best run as a core. So you put kotl + omni in an aggressive dual lane and have omni farm with kotl providing mana, ranged harass and some nuke. Omni will max heal with 1 repel and 1 slow at 5 unless you are fighting alot in which 2 slow is ok. between the heal nuke and the kotl blast if timed right you should be able to drain a good amount of hp anytime the safelaner comes to farm. Omni then can go phase boots and then like aggs(the range increase is super useful)/Basher/Assault Cuirass/Refresher(as 6th item)(cause 14 seconds invuln is ridiculous)/Daedalus or MKB/ Heart if he needs to survive burst. 

Also Muddlet keep in mind Guardian angel(omni ult) affects allies with BKB/Magic immunity/Repel but gets dispelled by magic immunity. this means you toss repel on your carry and then ult which means that for the 5,6,7 seconds of your ult you can make one target of your choice immune to all forms of damage(magic immunity blocks pure, physical damage immunity blocks well physical damage). At Repel levl 2 repel lasts for 8 seconds which covers the entire guardian angel duration. Just have to remember to always Repel -> guardian angel otherwise you lose the ult buff :<. 

Also while its not mentioned that much omni repel purges buffs and debuffs off of the target, that said it isnt usually used it this way cause it gives 12 seconds at max level of magic immunity(which unlike BKB magic immunity) can be purged off but still prevents most nukes/stuns. Also Omniknight cant heal if the ally is repelled first, which usually means if you want to save an ally heal first repel second. 

Omni+Kotl lane also gives you the advantage of actually having good supports in the mid-game, and later on, so your carry can proceed to kick everyone's asses.

Omni kotl lane. Such presense, much wow. Please, don't do that. That sounds like such a terrible idea.

I want to get a better mmr(currently in 29k) probably around 35k I would be happy about(it is freaking hard to get that deam thing up.... it is all about wining not how well you play... that is serious BS) 
get a team together, I am always close but never actually archive a stable 5 man crew. 

I want to get a better mmr(currently in 29k) probably around 35k I would be happy about(it is freaking hard to get that deam thing up.... it is all about wining not how well you play... that is serious BS) 

get a team together, I am always close but never actually archive a stable 5 man crew. 

You are actually the best player in the whole Galaxy Rubi... Where do you aim to go more?