• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SloppyG

Official Launch Times and many questions answered! Highlights from Reddit AMA

26 posts in this topic

Hey all! 

I threw together the 'good stuff', according to me, from the AMA on Reddit today.

Source:

Official Launch Dates/Times:

For 5 day early access:

North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT, Sunday March 30th--

UK/IE: 12:00 PM WEST, Sunday March 30th--

Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST, Sunday March 30th--

Sydney, Australia: 10:00 PM AEDT, Sunday March 30th--

Singapore: 7:00 PM SGT, Sunday March 30th --

For 3 day early access:

North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT, Tuesday April 1st--

UK/IE: 12:00 PM WEST, Tuesday April 1st--

Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST, Tuesday April 1st--

Sydney, Australia: 10:00 PM AEDT, Tuesday April 1st--

Singapore: 7:00 PM SGT, Tuesday April 1st--

...and for launch:

North America (East): 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday, April 3rd--

UK/IE: 12:00 AM WEST, Thursday, April 4th--

Central Europe: 1:00 AM CEST, Thursday, April 4th--

Sydney, Australia: 10:00 AM AEDT, Thursday, April 4th--

Singapore: 7:00 AM SGT, Thursday, April 4th

Yes! 7am folks! :) :) And you california peeps will have to wake up (or stay up) for 4am :-/

On Guild Functioanlity:

We are absolutely looking at guild interface, store, and other improvements for guilds soon, including better communication tools for large guilds.

- Yes, guilds will have more ranks.

- The 10% "house cut" in guild shops is a gold sink. We are evaluating it, but it was something to help keep the value of gold up.

- May add an internal treasury to store and use gold for the guild. It can certainly cause arguments.

- Working on a fix for guild shop's "Materials" search field returns items of all kinds, and doesn't give options for sorting craft professions.

- Going to redo categorization of items to make sure they are more easily searchable.

- We will be looking at tabards and insignias for guilds in an update in the near future.

- Guild Stores will be our in-game market, but we are looking at ways to expand this with our upcoming guild changes. We do not want a global auction house, however.

- Guilds can have up to 500 people/accounts. And you can be a member of up to 5 guilds.

On Combat:

Question:

Using Armor Penetration Abilities for 100% Armor penetration is only increase Damage by 6-7% regardless of the enemies armor value.

Using Spell Penetration abilities for 75% Spell Penetration is increasing damage by 70-75%.

Answer:

The armor and spell penetration traits are not working exactly how we want them to right now. The desired effect is that when I have 10% armor penetration, I ignore 10% of the target's armor value. This is the way it works on passives and abilities right now, but traits are a little different. The fix for this should hit with either launch or shortly after.

Questions:

Youtube user Mystborn has exposed a few game systems to be working in VERY unexpected ways:

- No cap in place for ability cost reduction

- Partially charged stealth attacks deal much more damage than fully charged ones

- Dunmer passive adds about +2.3% to flame damage while Altmer gains +6% for all elements

Are these systems working as intended or can we expect to see improvements made to them over time?

Answers:

We are addressing all of those issues in time for launch. By issue:

- No cap in ability cost reduction: We are leveling out cost reduction enchants in veteran ranks, as well as cleaning up a few bugs with them.

- Partial charged stealth attacks: That was a bug, and the fix just missed this most recent patch. You can expect partially charged, sneak heavy attacks to scale smoothly in their damage all the way up to the full charged value

- Dunmer vs. high elf passive: Another issue we addressed that just missed this patch. The Dunmer fire talent passive is having some bugs cleaned up, and going to +2%/4%/6% fire damage. The Altmer elemental talent is going to +2%/3%/4% damage with all elements.

Question:

Is there a reasoning that the Khajiit passive Carnage doesn't work with Bow/Ranged attacks?

Answer:

That's a bug. Whoops! I thought we fixed it already. I'll check to make sure that's fixed today! Should be good to go for launch.

On Cash Shops:

The next items available for purchase are a name change service, and possibly some vanity pets. We have no timeline for these, so don't expect them soon, and there aren't concrete plans for anything else at the moment after that.

On Explorer Pack pre-order bonus:

playing any race in any alliance is a pre-order perk. We have no plans to offer this bonus in any other way.

On PVP:

Question:

Any plan to change/remove the 20 kills quest in Cyrodiil? It's annoying to have to suicide to compete with top players in leaderboards. It's not rewarding killing people, just the people that bothers turning in the quest all the time. Leaderboards are actually fill with people repairing walls, gates and turning in a 20 kills quest.

I've made this for the last 5 or 6 betas, always been top1 or 2 in leaderboards and Emperor because it's part of the fun for me. But it's disgusting as a game design.

Answer:

There are discussions about adding more PVP Quests in Cyrodiil or simply making the Kill 20 players quest a bit more available around the Keeps instead of back at the home portal Keeps.

Questions:

- Do you guys have plans to implement dueling?

- Do you guys gave plans to implement a gladiator arena for players to fight?

Answers:

- For the time being there are no plans to put in duels as we want player vs. player combat focused on Cyrodiil, and fighting the enemy not your friends.

- For the future, we'll be paying close attention to what players ask for whether it's sport style PVP, Arenas, or adding more Keeps to Cyrodiil or different campaigns. That's the beauty of continually supporting E.S.O. after we ship! =)

On Questing:

Question:

i noticed that people were encoutring buged quest a lot during the last beta test, but not the people on pts servers, i guess this is related to the number of player on the last beta, how can you assure us that that is not going to happen at lunch where the number of people is gonna be much bigger ??

Answer:

We found the underlying problem that caused that series of bugs (similar problems across a wide variety of quests) that made the last beta frustrating for players and those fixes will show up on PTS on Monday and will be live for early access. We're pretty sure we found all of them, but we will remain vigilant and will fix anything else that may crop up.

On Starter Islands:

We moved the NPC who tells you about the island directly in front of you when you leave your house/boat in Vukhel Guard/Daggerfall/Davons Watch. This change has been made on our internal dev server and will be pushed to PTS early next week - and will be up for early access.

Short story: if you want to go to the islands, now it is much easier to do so. Or, if you want to start exploring your first major zone, you can do that too. It's your choice.

And more!....

Party Leader identifications: Yes, plans to add this in the future.

Addons / Addon Free Campaigns: no, all pvp campaigns will have the same ruleset, but we are taking steps to ensure that UI mods won't give players an advantage in PvP over a player that doesn't have one.

FOV Slider: Not in for launch.

Random Mount Dismounts: This is a bug that we are working to fix.

Speech Bubbles: We have no current plans to support speech bubbles.

Moderators: yes, we will have full CS support on the live servers, including being able to handle TOS violations and harassment. We take player experience very seriously and as much as possible won't allow disruptive players to make life difficult for others.

First major content release: as soon as possible after launch - this is Craglorn. Expect to see more info very soon.

DoctorEvil, Doshka17, Ratuky and 1 other like this

already have off work for early access, gonna rock!

Berez and SloppyG like this

I know it! very excited.

7am Sunday... Pot of coffee, a danish.. I'll be good to go! :)

Just over a week to go!

Ratuky and Berez like this

I honestly thought it was monday for some reason, i guess cause I counted launch day as an early access day by accident. I'll have to close at work that day, but at least I can get started in the morning. Eager to find the werewolf tree

I honestly thought it was monday for some reason, i guess cause I counted launch day as an early access day by accident. I'll have to close at work that day, but at least I can get started in the morning. Eager to find the werewolf tree

I know I thought it would be noon for sure,

There was a Q/A about werewolves.

Question:

Are werewolves and vampires going to get more attention? Werewolves are very barren on having usable skills. Also the ultimate generation nerf for werewolves doesn't address the real issue behind them. It was considered a waste to transform and to use the generation on another ultimate. Shouldn't the point of being a werewolf ultimately be about being a were?

Answer:

First, we are definitely planning to add more skills to werewolf and vampire, but those won't come immediately after launch.

Second, about blood rage, I believe it's perfectly acceptable (and fantastic!) that players find ability synergies like this one. We didn't want to remove the flexibility of players to give up one of their two ultimate slots (2 slots considering the weapon swap) to generate the ultimate resource more quickly. That said, the ultimate generation had no cooldown before, and it was just too strong with certain builds.

That said, We certainly don't want the only purpose of the werewolf ability to be to make you able to cast a different ultimate faster, so we'll be watching the results of this change to make sure that werewolf transformation ability is strong enough to warrant its high cost

12 pm on Sunday..... not a bad start.

Early dinner and then i'm good to go for the rest of the day.

SloppyG likes this

Love to see there are plans for quality of life additions to the game in the near future. I am really hoping they add dueling. Viewing it simply as a distraction from Cyrodiil is not the way to approach it. Personally I find that dueling/arena play would be a strong link to both TES games and MMOs. On one hand you have the arena from Oblivion, or even sparing in general. I doubt the armies of Tamriel expect their rank and file to "quest" aimlessly in the wilderness to train in their skills. Soldiers would spar and train with each other in simple duels much like you would in an MMO. On a more practical note it also would be a big confidence booster for players looking to enter the field in Cyrodiil. What better way to see if your pvp build works than to test it on another player in a risk free duel? Running into the field and finding out mid battle that you couldn't kill a baby guar is not something any player wants to have happen. Either way I am super excited for this game! Can not wait for Sunday! ^^

Jackschmit likes this

Addons / Addon Free Campaigns: no, all pvp campaigns will have the same ruleset, but we are taking steps to ensure that UI mods won't give players an advantage in PvP over a player that doesn't have one.

Nor will you be able to know many things about your party or even your own character.

Also do not forget that summer time starts at 30th March (5 day early access day) in many countries.

On Explorer Pack pre-order bonus:
playing any race in any alliance is a pre-order perk. We have no plans to offer this bonus in any other way.

Yeah and I am the jolly ole Queen of England. They will release it as a paid service. Not believing for a min they have no plans to do so.

Yeah and I am the jolly ole Queen of England. They will release it as a paid service. Not believing for a min they have no plans to do so.

God save the Queen, Shinjo! :D

What they mean when they say that is they have no plans to sell it for non pre-orders YET. It would be hard for them to max out the number of pre-orders if they said that they were going to give it to everyone for a few bucks.

Actually I am holding out hope that they arn't kidding when they say they arn't letting people choose any race for any faction if they don't pre-order, not much hope mind you but I can dream.

4am? really? Sigh.......I guess I'll be sucking down LOTS of coffee then to get my name reserved haha. See you guys then!

I just realized that march has 31 not 30 days. so i have a free weekend for 30-31st :D i'll be able to make my nicknames :o

well this will be nice ^^ (especially its 1 PM in Central EU hiehiehiehiehie i'll have a good sleep + lots of time)

12 pm on Sunday..... not a bad start.

Early dinner and then i'm good to go for the rest of the day.

See you there Gomly.

Gone likes this

See you there Gomly.

That you shall bud, that you shall.

You going Daggerfall?

That you shall bud, that you shall.

You going Daggerfall?

Yep. An Imperial traitor who will eventually work directly for the Covenant.

Yep. An Imperial traitor who will eventually work directly for the Covenant.

Can't decide between a Redguard Templar or an Orc Dragon Knight to roll first but either way i'll be rolling Daggerfall.

Will be nice to see if I can get through Betnikh without relogging constantly.

Can't decide between a Redguard Templar or an Orc Dragon Knight to roll first but either way i'll be rolling Daggerfall.

Will be nice to see if I can get through Betnikh without relogging constantly.

Well my guy will be a mostly DPS sorcerer in heavy armour.

I never had that many issues this last beta, got a bugged quest a few times but I left, came back later and was able to progress. But supposedly they've found the issue and have fixed it anyway.

4am? really? Sigh.......I guess I'll be sucking down LOTS of coffee then to get my name reserved haha. See you guys then!

or you could go to bed early the previous night to ensure you have the stamina to sit on your butt and game all day...

(it's harder then it sounds)

SloppyG likes this

or you could go to bed early the previous night to ensure you have the stamina to sit on your butt and game all day...

(it's harder then it sounds)

I know it!

Used to the launches being at noon for MMOs recently.

Guess I'll try to force an early night but it will be tough; gonna be like dreaming of Santa all over again. :)

***** OH! and I'm relieved that Zenimax got my userid changed to my preferred (matching my forum) name - not more teamspeak confusion yay!

Note.. userid changes are possible but it's only easy if you bought from them directly. Otherwise it's a bit of a process and i'm not sure if they will always do it. 

Jackschmit likes this

Nice does that mean i get it a few hours before usa?? cause Australia is infront of usa in time.

Well, launch is technically at the same time for everyone; your local time will just be different.

Looks like 5day head start for peeps in Sydney is 10pm?

Sydney, Australia: 10:00 PM AEDT, Sunday March 30th--

Thank you so much for posting this I can't wait to PLAY been constantly thinking about it since last beta.