• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Assassin's Creed Unity Confirmed

45 posts in this topic

Just saw it myself. I know a lot of folks are getting tired of Assassin's Creed, but I'm not one of them. I'm really excited to see what they'll be doing with the story in this one. I love France and its architecture as well, as much as I loved the architecture of Italy and the AC's that took play there. With what appears to be a new Assassin, I wonder how it will tie into AC IV's ending. Will we play as the same "present day" character? I can't wait. :D

Apex Spartan likes this

I only have one question: will there still be sea combat? Joe's right. It's hard to imagine one without it now.

Will this run on the Unity engine?

Star-Lord likes this

Will this run on the Unity engine?

I hope it uses the Snowdrop game engine, personally.

AWESOME! Just finished Black Flag yesterday  :D . Gonna play through the first and second ones, then play Unity (if it's out by then). If it isn't out, I'm gonna get the other 3 games (3, Brotherhood and Revelations).

AWESOME! Just finished Black Flag yesterday  :D . Gonna play through the first and second ones, then play Unity (if it's out by then). If it isn't out, I'm gonna get the other 3 games (3, Brotherhood and Revelations).

Just a heads up, Brotherhood and Revelations were released before III.

I wish they could go back in time a bit. The closer to modern time you get, the more politics are thrown into the story.

In AC2 you could take more liberties with the historical figures, like having the pope be the Templar leader. That made the characters more interesting and gave them an unseen side hidden from the history books which was pretty cool to experience. In AC3 they couldn' take those liberties. Everything felt so watered down and forced to be politically correct in order to ensure that no audience could bitch about it.

I'm a big fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise, so I'm excited to see what Ubisoft brings with Unity. I think the French Revolution is a promising and certainly refreshing time period. There's a lot of potential with the Napoleonic era right around the corner from the time period of the game. I wonder if Ubisoft will go the route that Assassin's Creed III did where you play as a neutral character. Perhaps Napoleon will be in the place of George Washington in Unity. But nonetheless, there's a lot of potential here, and hopefully it will be even better than the high bar set by Assassin's Creed IV. :D

I wish they could go back in time a bit. The closer to modern time you get, the more politics are thrown into the story.

In AC2 you could take more liberties with the historical figures, like having the pope be the Templar leader. That made the characters more interesting and gave them an unseen side hidden from the history books which was pretty cool to experience. In AC3 they couldn' take those liberties. Everything felt so watered down and forced to be politically correct in order to ensure that no audience could bitch about it.

Oddly enough, people thought the advertising for AC3 was pro-'murican. causing the British and European people to lash out.

Nothing against Assassin's Creed, especially not 2, but shoot this franchise is milked more severly than Call of Buty. Is it not even an EA game as far as I got it... Bad sign for the future, though the games themselves aren't actually bad or just mediocre. They are good, but much the same. But I love dat Naval Combat :3

Couldnt help but notice if you just took away the cathedral that pretty much looked like it was set in the same place as AC3.

Just saw it myself. I know a lot of folks are getting tired of Assassin's Creed, but I'm not one of them. I'm really excited to see what they'll be doing with the story in this one. I love France and its architecture as well, as much as I loved the architecture of Italy and the AC's that took play there. With what appears to be a new Assassin, I wonder how it will tie into AC IV's ending. Will we play as the same "present day" character? I can't wait. :D

Indeed same here. AC series is just too unique and fun to get bored. Although they release them pretty often, they still offer new things every time in the game and are really fun to play. I guess that's just because I simply love how they make their maps, atmosphere and ambient and not to mention I enjoy walking and running through historic cities.^^

Im looking forward to it, and it seems like the series is going back to its roots. 

I stopped playing AC games after 2. I never really liked the stealth mechanics or the combat but if they made an AC game in ancient Japan I'd be all over that.

Kedric likes this

Im looking forward to it, and it seems like the series is going back to its roots. 

Hopefully without the same missions over and over and over again. (but I admit, I liked it when it just about assassinating targets.)

The only missions I hate in AC is the linear annoying "Follow that dude and hear what he has to say, but be careful because if you get spotted you will have to start all over fuc%ing again!"

I forgot the word used to describe those missions so I can't put it better than I did.  B)

edit: YES, eavesdrop missions -___- Damn I hate those

"Eavesdrop on that dude, but make sure you don't get spotted" and shit. And then if you get spotted, mission ends. It sucks. It would of been cool if you get spotted, then the guy runs, but you can catch him and interrogate him for the information you need like in Splinter Cell...that kind of interrogation would of been awesome. 

Lost faith in AC since  AC3  :( 

Become like CoD, quantity > quality

I'm not sure why so many people dislike AC3. It's story was not so bad, I quiet enjoyed it at some point, the main character was OK except just a bit less talkative and wasn't a PLAYER like Ezio or Edward...he reminded me somehow of Altair and I liked him. The gameplay was pretty good as well, the setting too...there were some things that made it a little strange where it didn't feel like AC, but overall it was a good game for me. I would give it a solid 7/10.

Glowmobile likes this

I agree Apex. For me AC3 wasn't the worst of the series. I didn't really have a problem with plot or the characters except for the motives of the first civ characters. For me the low point in the series was Revelations. It just seemed like a big disappointment. Maybe it was the hype and me not getting to play for 6 months after it released, but I think the tower defense minigame was a big misstep. After the time I was introduced to the mechanic I was never able to hold off the templars so I just avoided the part of the game.

I agree Apex. For me AC3 wasn't the worst of the series. I didn't really have a problem with plot or the characters except for the motives of the first civ characters. For me the low point in the series was Revelations. It just seemed like a big disappointment. Maybe it was the hype and me not getting to play for 6 months after it released, but I think the tower defense minigame was a big misstep. After the time I was introduced to the mechanic I was never able to hold off the templars so I just avoided the part of the game.

Indeed, I ignored the tower defense as well and I hated that part of the game, but overall it was a good game, but not even close to the best of AC.