• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Attack on Titan anime/manga story discussion thread. SPOILERS UNAVOIDABLE.

30 posts in this topic

So I just recently read this manga Attack on Titan from beginning till the latest chapter, and there's a lot of things revealed in this manga that's ripe for disscussions.

654681f8eefdc13ad8dee196ff2a74f713663295

So the plot of the story for those that don't know is that humans used to live like normal. Then one day they were attacked by these giant human-like creatures with no genitals called "titans" that killed many of the humans, so the humans decided to build a city comprises of circular walls after walls that protects the people. This city hasn't been breached for 100 years until one day a titan managed to destroy the outer walls which drove the citizens into the inner part of the city. The manga stars Eren Yeager, one of the soldier of the city that wants to eradicate every titans in existence after what one of them did to his mother back when he was young. He's accompanied by his adopted sister Mikasa Ackerman that's the typical quiet but really strong character and Armin Arlert, their childhood friend that's weak but pretty smart. And so they embark on battles after battles to eradicate the titans once and for all. There's a lot of story elements and it involves a lot of characters, politics and badassery that you people have to check out for yourself.

I'm going to put spoiler tags discussing about one of the things revealed in the manga, so if you haven't read till the latest chapter, you won't need to worry about being spoiled.

so one of the big reveal of this manga is that there's actually titans hidden inside the city walls, which means that there is definitely a bunch of people inside the city that knows about it, based on how Pastor Nick is killed before he tells about the titans. Question is, what is the purpose of the titans? One theory I can come up with is that it's going to be used as weapons against other cities. It's possible that there's actually other cities besides the city the whole story takes place in and they're using the titans to take over the land. The titans inside the wall are going to be used as a last resort to fightback against the other cities, and they need someone like Eren who recently gained the ability to control titans.

The other theory I have is that it will be used by the corrupt officials inside the city to take over the government. So when the political situation gets out of hand like in the latest chapter, they will unleash the titans and make the government submit.

Based on these 2 theories, there's definitely another person besides Eren that can control titans. The other person confirmed so far is the woman that Eren sees in his dream that can wipe memories off Krista/ Historia.

So what do you think is the use of the titans inside the walls?

I predict that Eren is gonna be the new king and the old king is not being informed on alot of things and has lived so long that they just wanna retire

Besides Eren there are three more titans. Thus far (watched only the anime) Eren only knows one of them, but the other two are also kind of close (same boot camp) to him. Aside from that, I reckon they will find the basement, figure what the fuck's going on and in the end it will turn out that every titan is actually a human, but only a select few can keep their sanity once in titan form. Eren then will have the usual "choose your side" moment and, being the goody two shoes he is, he will choose to side with the humans while trying to convince the other three, possibly more, to join him in the defense of humanity. Then it will probably have something to do with some stupid magic/ aliens or what-not. Hell, they all might just be a part of an experiment like in Claymore.

All in all, the series got boring after Eren's first transformation and he himself is fucking useless despite being a try-hard humanity's defender.

The manga was amazing up until this current story arc. I feel like it has gone down hill a bit, Isayama's focusing too much on plot progression and not enough on the actual characters and their relationships with one another.

I Just want to know whats in the damn basement!!!

Kaz32 likes this

I Just want to know whats in the damn basement!!!

Me too.

i agree the manga has been getting kinda boring but its revealing alot of plot

so it makes up for it lol

Me too.

Spoilers: In the Basement is the Suitcase from Pulp Fiction ;)

Oh and, obvious add-bot is obvious...

Puntosmx likes this

179809d1373210666t-apple-going-down-bill

I wish they didn't waste time covering back stories and lore.

But it's cool that they did though.

2and900 likes this

I wish they didn't waste time covering back stories and lore.

But it's cool that they did though.

Backstory and lore? Next Naruto?

They have realesed No regrets AKA levis backstory. First volume is pretty much to the point instead of bulding exictment.

One thing that has always bugged me - it's not "Attack on Titan", it's "Attack of Titans" or "Titan Attack".

Yeah i know what you mean. I read some greek mythology and then started seing theories about aot. If you have done this yourself rewatch it and be very observative. And i highly recommend watching Attack on Titan OVA for more story elements

Yeah i know what you mean. I read some greek mythology and then started seing theories about aot. If you have done this yourself rewatch it and be very observative. And i highly recommend watching Attack on Titan OVA for more story elements

You completely missed my point. I was talking about the translation.

As for the series themselves, I got bored with them once they captured Eren. From that point on it was more talking, less action which completely destroyed the opening episodes. They tried to salvage what's left of it all by the end, but ultimately failed miserably.

As for the series themselves, I got bored with them once they captured Eren. From that point on it was more talking, less action which completely destroyed the opening episodes. They tried to salvage what's left of it all by the end, but ultimately failed miserably.

At times, I too would get bored of the story and find myself hoping that they would kill off more of the characters. The only real reason I would keep reading was because maybe we'll learn something about the titans, sometimes we do but most of the time we don't

At times, I too would get bored of the story and find myself hoping that they would kill off more of the characters. The only real reason I would keep reading was because maybe we'll learn something about the titans, sometimes we do but most of the time we don't

If it had stayed as awesome as the opening episodes, I would've actually picked up the manga, but, being the picky reader I am, I just couldn't give less of a toss about it after what they did with the series.

2and900 likes this

You completely missed my point. I was talking about the translation.

Mistakes were made

So I just recently read this manga Attack on Titan (...)

Wait..... did you READ the MANGA?

So, I'm not the only weird person that reads manga instead of watching the anime?

I'm not alone anymore :,)

One thing that has always bugged me - it's not "Attack on Titan", it's "Attack of Titans" or "Titan Attack".

Not watching or reading the anime/manga, I theorized that the title meant that the city had to be called "Titan".

At least it's not "Attack no Titan" engrish madness ;)

Not watching or reading the anime/manga, I theorized that the title meant that the city had to be called "Titan".

At least it's not "Attack no Titan" engrish madness ;)

Going by my anime Japanese language knowledge, "no" usually means "of". Also, translating word for word can more often than not make absolutely no sense.

Oh, and the city is not big enough to be called "Titan". At least as far as I remember. Nor does it have anything that could be considered titanic in size or any such buildings/ factories.

They are attacking titans... that's the point... Attack of Titans was more than a hundred years ago, time for payback!

They are attacking titans... that's the point... Attack of Titans was more than a hundred years ago, time for payback!

Generally, yes, but it started off with an attack from the titans. Also, "Attack on Titan" makes absolutely no sense grammar wise. Unless the 'Titan' is an object and even then it feels like there are some words missing from the context.

Generally, yes, but it started off with an attack from the titans. Also, "Attack on Titan" makes absolutely no sense grammar wise. Unless the 'Titan' is an object and even then it feels like there are some words missing from the context.

First time I heard the name, I thought it was a sci-fi anime about a bunch of teenagers laying siege on Saturn's moon; Titan.

Gone the Third and Emphase like this