• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

alaugh0601

Comic Book Characters That Should Get Their Own T.V. Show or Movie

10 posts in this topic

Pretty simple topic, what comic book character would you like to see get their own T.V. show or movie? For me personally I would want a D.C. show (live action or animated) that would focus on the origins of the D.C. villains spending a few episodes on each one and even having specific seasons dedicated to specific villains from a part of D.C. (Like one season for Batman villains, one for Superman's and so on and so forth). 

mquinn88 likes this

A Booster Gold show would be pretty awesome, his comic is pretty entertaining.

Of course Deadpool is another easy pick, though obviously his show would be less kid-friendly.

But hell, what I REALLY wanna see is that Plastic Man cartoon that was pitched to Warner Brothers years ago and never got made into a cartoon series. Here's the pilot.

IrishRogue likes this

If we're talking live action none for now... I used to like the idea then they started making everything into Nolan's Batman with a different flavour which irks me to no end, and Smallville is also a thing that happened and was awful so I'd rather they just focus on animated versions really.

Then again the animated shows have also went to hell these last few years, Avengers EMH cancelled for a lite version of the MCU... Young Justice cancelled for a kiddie 3d batman, kiddie Spiderman and friends. I almost miss the 90's.

All that said, if they truly respected the source material and did everything right, it would still be hard to choose a comic, probably something like New 52 inspired Justice League would be cool with the stories not shown in the comic(they pretty much skip 5 years) with Bruce timm in the lead, that would be awesome. That said we've never had a solo Flash, Aquaman or Wonder Woman series.

Deadpool of course! ,,Hey Viewer just go with it. We are about to change your fucking life. Bring the noise!"

Think about it, a TV show on the B.P.R.D.

BPRD-legacy-continues-with-two-miniserie

That would be waaaay better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D in my opinion.

Ever get that feeling you are repeating yourself when certain subjects come up?

Every time comics get mentioned I always bring up the same character.

Movie ... now ... please.

I'd even buy the inevitable tie in game because .... it's Venom.

venom_by_nebezial.jpg

Not into comics (unless you count manga, but even then I'm not really into it as I read only three different mangas), but if I had to pick, I'd pick someone who is a complete asshole anti-hero (Deadpool could work I guess) who doesn't give the slightest of fucks about anyone and stays only loyal to a small group of people (friends if you will). Whether the group is killing or saving civilians, the protagonist always goes with the group, but, while loyal, is not a lap dog.