• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TitanT2

Would you guys like to help me with something for school? (takes 2 minutes)

23 posts in this topic

Hello Angry Army,

Hi my name is Arne and i am doing a little research project for my school. And i would really appreciate if you guys would fill in this survey because it will help me a lot. 

The survey is very easy to fill in it will take about 2 minutes. I would be really gratefull for the help. 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DTCLCND

I suggest you have checkboxes with ranges like:

<1 hr

1-5 hrs

5-10 hrs

>10 hrs

Or with ages:

<15

15-20

20-24

25-29

>30

The answers will be way too variable for your research... grouping them like that will be easier.

TitanT2 likes this

Filled the survey out, though the numbers are very... approximate.

TitanT2 likes this

Took a look and gave up quickly, sorry, but these questions are way to far fetched for me to answer precisely. You might want to get into Raptr, they like counting playtime for the different specific genres in detail, both yearly and monthly values can be found somewhere. 

TitanT2 likes this

The only thing that confuses me is, what is "casual". Like what genre, you mean mobile games or facebook games?

TitanT2 likes this

The only thing that confuses me is, what is "casual". Like what genre, you mean mobile games or facebook games?

If your favorite game is The Sims 3, then you are a casual gamer.

Doshka17, TitanT2 and ' like this

I would definitely recommend you let users choose from a range of numbers rather than having to guess a number.

TitanT2 likes this

I would definitely recommend you let users choose from a range of numbers rather than having to guess a number.

I think i will do it differently next time (over the timespan of a month and stuff) but i unfortunatly have short timespan for this project and adapting it would be too much work at this point, but in SPSS i might put in ranges when i will analyse the data.

Know that i will read all the feedback you guys give me and take it along for a next project, because feedback is really helpfull to me for the next survey i might do. So thanks, you are right and i will do this the next time ;)

Yes, those are casual games. Also puzzle games, tower defense games are casual games as well. 

Took a look and gave up quickly, sorry, but these questions are way to far fetched for me to answer precisely. You might want to get into Raptr, they like counting playtime for the different specific genres in detail, both yearly and monthly values can be found somewhere. 

Fair enough, i have gotten complaints about the structure of the survey so next time i will make it better, thanks for trying i guess and i will check out Raptr. 

Wasn't sure where sports games went, so I put it under casual

TitanT2 likes this

I suggest you do something like Ysnar suggested so you can actually get statistics you can then analyze.

TitanT2 likes this

If your favorite game is The Sims 3, then you are a casual gamer.

Imo unless you get paid for gaming and or sponsored you are just a casual gamer.

Imo unless you get paid for gaming and or sponsored you are just a casual gamer.

I think Casual Gaming means how much you play, but that's just me... (last time i said something about this i confused myself so I'm gonna clear that up.)

DemonsColt likes this

Yeah, only question I felt comfortable answering was my age.

The rest are either too vague or it was hard for me to put a straight up number on the hours played as I really don't have much of a clue.

Are you just doing a study on these specific genres or are genres that are left out supposed to fit into another class? ie is a sports game like Nhl xx an Action game? 

How many hours did I spend online? I'm assuming you meant this week and online how?

Online gaming, checking AJSA forums, skyping with my mom? Same with offline.

Dmush likes this

Done, hope your school thing goes well. Also it can be scary tolling up how many hows I play games for, luckily I have been very busy this week, so it's pretty low. 

Done, hope your school thing goes well. Also it can be scary tolling up how many hows I play games for, luckily I have been very busy this week, so it's pretty low. 

I've been busy too but unfortunately I can't say the same thing as you. I'm talking about staying up to 1am on a Saturday night.

can you define what you mean by "How many hours did you spend online?"

do you mean online in general of multiplayer?

can you define what you mean by "How many hours did you spend online?"

do you mean online in general of multiplayer?

With online i mean multiplayer. 

I did the survey although i can say that my part is slightly incomplete (usually my gameplay is spread out over different genres) but since i just got a new laptop (Lenovo y510p) last week.. I've only been playing BF4 and PS2....

Although the others are right in the sense that you should have made more specific time ranges for each question..

But still good luck with your school project..

Edit: lol by online i thought you meant facebook or other social networking stuff.. so i only put down 2 hours as an answer.. although the correct thing should be 20 xD... (i have too much free time as a first year college student)

Done, relatively easy for me to answer. I've only been playing 3 games this week and nothing multiplayer related.

Done, relatively easy for me to answer. I've only been playing 3 games this week and nothing multiplayer related.

I've strangely been addicted to hoard mode in Mass Effect 3... get help please.

Survay done.

I filled it out, more had to give my best guesstimate but I think it's pretty accurate. I do like Ysnar's suggestion of checkboxes because that'd make it more convienent, because I spend hours on games so it's kinda hard for me to try to specifically pinpoint the amount of time sometimes