• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Caius

Do you want to develop a game?

Game Development with other AJSA members poll   96 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to develop a game with members of the AJSA?

• Yes (I know some things about game development)
    • Yes (I do not know how to develop a game, but would like to learn)
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Iff it is my game idea

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

The following link is a straw poll I have been using to collect information on how many people in the community would want to develop a game with AJSA members. I have also added a poll to the post here on the forum.

http://strawpoll.me/1370935

No. Simply because I'd have absolutely no clue what to do. Besides, I don't want to ruin my hobby of playing games by starting to make them.

smuniz83 likes this

I'm waiting for someone else to click on it, just in case it's malware or something.

That is, unless the OP would be willing to make a more well thought out post.

That was a very well thought out and presented opening post .... would read again.

I just did. It ages well.

Gone likes this

Whats with people on the OP? Did I miss something?

OT: Im going out on a limb here and assume that developing a game is no simple undertaking. Couple that with the fact that I dont know much about programming and the such, so would have to learn. Im claiming a maybe here, anything is possible.

I know a little bit of coding (Java, C++) and learnt how to make basic animations/character models for my digital animation class back in high school... So yes i would love to learn how to make a game... It wouldn't really matter what role i'd play whether it was character creation, voice acting, story writing, scripting (which i guess would be the same as story writing), animations, coding, concept design/art, nav meshing, financial bits, etc....

Yes i would like to develop a game with the AJSA crew, I'm willing to learn too. I'm confident that we have a good team.

on a side note, how is the dev team and the game coming along? I haven't read that thread in awhile...

I would be willing to cheer on such developers. I bet I could borrow some of my sister's pom poms from her cheerleading days.

jk

I have my own pair.

Ozukar and MegaSonicGeo like this

I want to be a film director.

Besides all I can think up with a game is Joe, Daleks, and barnyard animals.

I already make video games....so, do I really need to answer this question? 

I already make video games....so, do I really need to answer this question? 

Have you in anyway used or contributed to, using any form of the Unity Engine?

Have you, in anyway, directly or indirectly, contributed to the development of any game made by Ubisoft?

Do you program or create textures?

Are you a direct employee of a Mr. Joe Vargas?

Are you aware that Game Dev Tycoon does not count? (lol, jk :D )

I'm learning programming but I feel so far behind compared to most people...

Definitely helping, I helped when we were getting the idea out there.

I'd actually really like to learn how to develop games! It'd be awesome! Especially when/or if we ever make a game based on our leader AngryJoe. 

Though seriously, I'd do anything for lessons! And I can also pay since I have quite some funds on my PayPal account.

-Eric Cartman

I'd actually really like to learn how to develop games! It'd be awesome! Especially when/or if we ever make a game based on our leader AngryJoe. 

Though seriously, I'd do anything for lessons! And I can also pay since I have quite some funds on my PayPal account.

-Eric Cartman

Since when did Eric Cartman join in? And nice rig by the way.

-Eric Cartman

I am working on a game programming tutorial for beginners, but I can not post it right now because I get a 404 error when trying to post (or preview) in the tutorials sub section.

The problem seems to have been fixed.

I have a few game ideas in my head that I've been dying to share with. Only problem is i can't draw worth a damn. And i get severe writers block

I have a few game ideas in my head that I've been dying to share with. Only problem is i can't draw worth a damn. And i get severe writers block

we are all ears to game ideas, if you can't draw then type it out.

we are all ears to game ideas, if you can't draw then type it out.

How about Cyriak: The Game?

I've always been a fan of open world games. Ever since the infamous 2 DLC were Cole became a vampire, I've wondered why not make a full fledged open world vampire game? Fly around in a swarm of bats, climb on the side of buildings like Dracula, see in the dark, kill and drink blood to survive.

Then i played GTA 5 and liked the fact you could play as multiple characters, so i came up with the idea about having a werewolf and vampire/werewolf hunter character to choose from. It's just an idea though. Haven't really thought about overall story, gameplay or even a title.