• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Caius

Do you want to develop a game?

Game Development with other AJSA members poll   95 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to develop a game with members of the AJSA?

• Yes (I know some things about game development)
    • Yes (I do not know how to develop a game, but would like to learn)
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Iff it is my game idea

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

I think I should make a separate thread for game ideas for the section here...because I am afraid the game ideas of non devs will flood this thread...think I should? 

I think I should make a separate thread for game ideas for the section here...because I am afraid the game ideas of non devs will flood this thread...think I should?

Good idea

While not super knowledgeable in actual game development itself I'd like to offer myself as a QA tester or whathaveyou once an actual team here gets started

Id love to make a video game but my strengths are not really in programming though id love to learn that. With a friend of mine we have this little project going on about 2 games which is just life a fantasy but i managed to write the story for both and that's what i am actually decent i guess at, story telling, dialogues, plot twists, ideas etc. so if there's anyway i could help id be glad to do so, i could also send some story, lore etc. ideas and how the game would be played etc.

While I admit that I do not know much about the development process of a game, I do know a decent amount about coding and overall typing. I would love to play a role where I am told what to type and what to accomplish, not the role where I have to make the decisions as to tell others what to do.  

I would personally be all for it, even though I have no development experience. I am only good for ideas not my computer skills :P

actually working on something right now. i'll try to post the sypnosis of the game :)

I did develop Android games, wast of time :) But it was nice experience. I think every one can make a game. Well having success with it is a different thing.

I'll be the writer of this thing but I want to learn some coding in the process.

I'll stop my involvement in August :)

I'd be interested in doing writing, video editing, graphic design, web design... Pretty much anything I can do. It would be nice to work with an energetic and passionate group on a project such as this :)

While I admit that I do not know much about the development process of a game, I do know a decent amount about coding and overall typing. I would love to play a role where I am told what to type and what to accomplish, not the role where I have to make the decisions as to tell others what to do.  

I believe the development process of a game is similar to the Software Development Cycle, however I'm not too sure.

I would also dedicate myself to help. I know a fairshare of Java and a bit of C++. I also did a few intern Minecraft mods, but never been involved in Gamedevelopement. I am also eager to learn more. On a side note I also experiment with 3ds max from time to time, but doesn't have any kind of experience with it.

Anyway I hope I can provide myself useful.

I would personally be all for it, even though I have no development experience. I am only good for ideas not my computer skills :P

me too but help is help :lol:

Is there anyone around who is learning or willing to learn some 3D modelling?

Me and a friend of mine are looking to start up a larger project we have put off for a while now and want to go down the Unity route with a First-Person game. Neither of us can model. I'm a designer and he's a programmer.

Well thank you. I would like to develop my own game. My game will be focus on turn-based tactical RPG with sci-fi element. Similar to XCOM. But my game project will be taken place on between Solar System through the galaxy and the year of setting is 2119. But first, I will open my Kickstarter to produce the game I need. Then I will publish the game by my video game company. I'll also develop the modern military first-person shooter game that inspired by Battlefield series and ARMA series. This is like Battlefield without EA plus an Bohemia Interactive Studio who made ARMA series will be published on Europe and well as worldwide. Unlike BI Studio, my game will need Kickstarter to earn the funds. But this game will need to make it for more than $900,000 on less than 30 days. Then I will continue to earn the funding until made it to $5,000,000. My another Kickstarter project game is going to be a military real-time strategy. This gameplay will be similar to Command & Conquer, Starcraft, Total Annihliation, and the Warhammer series. There is three factions in this game. But there is separate each factions will have an unique units and buildings. The commanding officers will also have differnet stats and traits such as focus on Air Force, Navy, Ground Vehicles, Infantry, and the other uniques.

Edited by MasterChiefSnake

and i also now a lot of scheap office site,s from all the compangie,s that whent broke so i know much office space, and my dad has some industrial expirience

I've also have another game project about the modern combat flight simulation similar to Ace Combat. I will make about 5 games. 3 games will be in same universe, 1 games is an reboot, and finally is an outside of plot for handheld and do different story. This game will be called Air Fighter Squadron. After I made all 5 Air Fighter Squadron franchise, I will move to Namco Bandai and focus on Ace Combat than my own game I made.

I've also have another game project about the modern combat flight simulation similar to Ace Combat. I will make about 5 games. 3 games will be in same universe, 1 games is an reboot, and finally is an outside of plot for handheld and do different story. This game will be called Air Fighter Squadron. After I made all 5 Air Fighter Squadron franchise, I will move to Namco Bandai and focus on Ace Combat than my own game I made.

This is a troll right?

This is a troll right?

Actually. No. You're wrong. I'm not a damn troll. I'm making an improvement by adding more realistic like did on War Thunder. Example is to add the collision each 2 planes. Also adding the G-Force effect.

Actually. No. You're wrong. I'm not a damn troll. I'm making an improvement by adding more realistic like did on War Thunder. Example is to add the collision each 2 planes. Also adding the G-Force effect.

Sorry. It just seems extremely unrealistic. Could we see some screenshots or videos?

Sorry. It just seems extremely unrealistic. Could we see some screenshots or videos?

Well. I'm working on it. I haven't start my project because I have no video game development studio. There is no screenshots or videos. I need to graduate the bachelor's degree from either college, university, or tech. My future game development studio is in Phoenix, AZ. But I'm writing down the plot script (but I'm not going to show you because the spoiler), the innovation and the stuff from my games. Air Fighter Squadron will have 2 setting either casual or hardcore before choosing the difficulty level either easy, normal, hard, expert or ace. Casual will have no G-Force effect, there is easy stabilization, no fuel limit, lots of ammo capacity and there is auto-repair with extinguisher similar to standard Battlefield 3 & 4 and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. In Hardcore will have fuel limit, G-Force effect on, the stabilization will be hard even the fighter part will be break soon due to heavy damage (example is the left wing will get red mark due to heavy damage and chance to break the left wing that turn grey and losing control), no auto-repair with extinguisher and ammo capacity will be low than casual. There is also an destruction effect such as bombing and missile shot the non-target building that starting to collapse soon similar to latest Battlefield series, the countermeasure flare is on and there is licensed aircraft from China, USA, Japan, Russia, France, UK, Sweden, Canada, Germany, and South Korea.

Well. I'm working on it. I haven't start my project because I have no video game development studio. There is no screenshots or videos. I need to graduate the bachelor's degree from either college, university, or tech. My future game development studio is in Phoenix, AZ. But I'm writing down the plot script (but I'm not going to show you because the spoiler), the innovation and the stuff from my games. Air Fighter Squadron will have 2 setting either casual or hardcore before choosing the difficulty level either easy, normal, hard, expert or ace. Casual will have no G-Force effect, there is easy stabilization, no fuel limit, lots of ammo capacity and there is auto-repair with extinguisher similar to standard Battlefield 3 & 4 and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. In Hardcore will have fuel limit, G-Force effect on, the stabilization will be hard even the fighter part will be break soon due to heavy damage (example is the left wing will get red mark due to heavy damage and chance to break the left wing that turn grey and losing control), no auto-repair with extinguisher and ammo capacity will be low than casual. There is also an destruction effect such as bombing and missile shot the non-target building that starting to collapse soon similar to latest Battlefield series, the countermeasure flare is on and there is licensed aircraft from China, USA, Japan, Russia, France, UK, Sweden, Canada, Germany, and South Korea.

No offence but I think you may be falling into the trap that a lot of new or non developers fall into when they start. You seem to have planned out the next 20 years but I can promise you it will not go to plan. Before making any large scale plan or planning a triple A game right off the bat, start small. duplicate Pong and Mario first to understand what type of effort it takes to develop those simple games. Do some Game Jams. You can do this stuff while in college. I don't want to dash your hopes and dreams and all but I also don't want to see you sorely disappointed.

No offence but I think you may be falling into the trap that a lot of new or non developers fall into when they start. You seem to have planned out the next 20 years but I can promise you it will not go to plan. Before making any large scale plan or planning a triple A game right off the bat, start small. duplicate Pong and Mario first to understand what type of effort it takes to develop those simple games. Do some Game Jams. You can do this stuff while in college. I don't want to dash your hopes and dreams and all but I also don't want to see you sorely disappointed.

WTF!? Right now. I'm still study the game developer. Listen, I can't find any college, university, or tech who has a cheaper than others. I have a lots of game projects. I will sign up the Kickstarter after my studio went open. Then I will make an video game serve as producer, QA tester, director, writer, and businessman for the games. First, I will start the QA Tester first, then I will become a video game producer. Because I have played lots of video games. That is the end of the story for me. The end. No more reply.

WTF!? Right now. I'm still study the game developer. Listen, I can't find any college, university, or tech who has a cheaper than others. I have a lots of game projects. I will sign up the Kickstarter after my studio went open. Then I will make an video game serve as producer, QA tester, director, writer, and businessman for the games. First, I will start the QA Tester first, then I will become a video game producer. Because I have played lots of video games. That is the end of the story for me. The end. No more reply.

Sorry, as a game developer, I'm just trying to be helpful